• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Project One

Personally, I've been using the mod to balance the demo in Marco's ServerExt mod due to the perks not having all the skills like in vanilla. Since Skell allowed modification of damage against FP, I've decided on making the demo most efficient at taking out FPs by effectively boosting damage done by explosives.

I also use P1 to make the medic a bit more dynamic in that I've configured different healing attributes for their arsenal; essentially having the medic battle between which gun is best to use for dire healing situations.

In configuring the medic, I've also modified the pistol attributes a bit, such to that (while in normal games it is smart to have a medic pistol regardless) it is now very advantageous for the team to have everyone purchasing a medic pistol beginning mid-game.

Somewhere in between, I've tweaked values of "dead" or unbalanced weapons *cough M4 cough*.

It's tough to say which is the best attribute since being given options is the best attribute. Possibly the FP dmg modifier. Since I can specifically modify a FP's "weakness". This allowed me to give meaning to the demo class (outside of vanilla aka in marco's mod).

Upvote 0
Personally, I've been using the mod to balance the demo in Marco's ServerExt mod due to the perks not having all the skills like in vanilla. Since Skell allowed modification of damage against FP, I've decided on making the demo most efficient at taking out FPs by effectively boosting damage done by explosives.

I also use P1 to make the medic a bit more dynamic in that I've configured different healing attributes for their arsenal; essentially having the medic battle between which gun is best to use for dire healing situations.

In configuring the medic, I've also modified the pistol attributes a bit, such to that (while in normal games it is smart to have a medic pistol regardless) it is now very advantageous for the team to have everyone purchasing a medic pistol beginning mid-game.

Somewhere in between, I've tweaked values of "dead" or unbalanced weapons *cough M4 cough*.

It's tough to say which is the best attribute since being given options is the best attribute. Possibly the FP dmg modifier. Since I can specifically modify a FP's "weakness". This allowed me to give meaning to the demo class (outside of vanilla aka in marco's mod).
If you're interested in sharing your configuration, I have no problem with having people send me theirs via PM so I can link them in the main post. I'll update them whenever they're sent to me.

This goes for anyone who has their own configuration they'd like to share with others. Discussions and suggestions can be done here but I'd prefer they'd be done in the Project One Steam Group as to not clutter up the thread.

I'm using ServerExt, you gain experience but not for the official levels however, It still uses the base experience values.
Because of UE3/KF2's coding architecture, it's not possible to make a mutator/code modification that works with another one directly (meaning to use functionality within another mutator/code modification). The only solution is to compile them together as one, larger mod. Marco's Server Ext mod is much more complex than Project One and is great but I don't think he would be happy if I started making spin-offs of it for my own, smaller mod. You should definitely ask him about adding some of Project One's functionality to Server Ext.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
His mod doesn't change the experience gain, It directly pulls from the vanilla game. This is why I asked for a experience modifier so, I can increase the base game experience value. If it wouldn't work anyways, Then thanks for answering my question.
I was under the impression Marco's mod stores experience in its own way. If that is the case, although this mutator can't do much due to limitations in the engine, his certainly can alter data as it's being stored. I think it's definitely a feature you should ask him about if you think it's worth it.

Upvote 0
Ok, New project that is related to your area of expertise. Would it be possible to add a dmg modifier for the enemies, I know you have one for weapon but, I would like to see more lethal enemies.
After re-reading my code, it looks like this can be done with DTModList in the Project One configuration file. However, there is a pretty heavy limitation on what you can do due to how TWI has reused a lot of them for zeds. This is pretty apparent when looking at KFDT_Slashing a non-zed/weapon-specific damage type, which is used by most zeds' melee attacks and is the default value for zeds' melee attacks. KFDT_Bludgeon is also a non-zed/weapon-specific damage type but only seems to be used by the Fleshpound at the moment.

Here are a list of zed damage types. I'll add these to the cheat-sheet in the main post as well.

Spoiler!

You can use this as a work-around. If people are interested in a proper zed damage modifier, I can probably add a feature that handles this better.

Upvote 0
Project One V2 is now out. Tons of new features this update - so make sure you check the main post. I hope you enjoy them!

Unfortunately, due to how the faked player system works as well as the new system for large custom servers (proper spawn rates and max zeds for servers with more than 6 players) , you must use both the mutator and the gametype when running this mod. This means that mods like FMX's Gametype Configurator, which would modify core parts of Project One's gametype, is no longer compatible with this mod. Hopefully all the new features are enticing enough to make the switch!

Marco's Server Ext mutator is still completely compatible with Project One.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for your work, faked mutator works fine.

I have a feature request which is to be able to skip trader time when we're ready instead of waiting the remaining 40 seconds. I don't know if this is doable actually, if it isn't too bad!
Shouldn't be too hard. Added to list of potential features for the next Project One release.

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble with Zeds health. I tried to set it up so Zeds die in one hit like the config says, but nothing changes. Let me know if anything is wrong here.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble with Zeds health. I tried to set it up so Zeds die in one hit like the config says, but nothing changes. Let me know if anything is wrong here.

Spoiler!
I mentioned this in the main post and in the new config but I'll just say it here. I changed it so that now it acts more like a health modifier than a damage reducer. It'll cause some hiccups with people moving over but hopefully now it's easier to use.

To make it feel more like a health modifier, the "Multiplier" field now is what you want the effective health to be. So if I want to double a Bloat's effective health, it would be 2.000000. If I want to halve Hans' health, it would be set to 0.500000.

Hopefully this clears up things, sorry for the confusion!

Upvote 0
Is this correct? I don't see any changes to health.

ZedHealthModList[0]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHans',Multiplier=2.800000,DebugName="Hans")
ZedHealthModList[1]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedFleshpound',Multiplier=2.360000,DebugName="Fleshpounder")
ZedHealthModList[2]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedScrake',Multiplier=2.010000,DebugName="Scrake")
ZedHealthModList[3]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedSiren',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Siren")
ZedHealthModList[4]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHusk',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Husk")
ZedHealthModList[5]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedClot_Cyst',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Cyst")
ZedHealthModList[6]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedClot_Alpha',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Clot")
ZedHealthModList[7]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedClot_Slasher',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Slasher")
ZedHealthModList[8]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedCrawler',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Crawler")
ZedHealthModList[9]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedGorefast',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Gorefast")
ZedHealthModList[10]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedBloat',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Bloat")
ZedHealthModList[11]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedStalker',Multiplier=1.750000,DebugName="Stalker")

Upvote 0
Is this correct? I don't see any changes to health.
Your config looks correct. Did you update your config file and command line to the new ones?
If you're still using your config file from Project One V1, you'll need to change the first line in the config from
Code:
[ProjectOneV1.ProjectOneMut]
to
Code:
[ProjectOneV2.ProjectOneMut]
You also need to make sure your server is using the new version of the mod, so all references in server configs to ProjectOneV1 need to changed to ProjectOneV2.

Upvote 0