• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Project One

Hey Skell,
Love the mod so far, however, I have one question that's regarding the core game as opposed to the mod. Currently, when entering the command line, I must enter it through the management command prompt after every match. Is it possible to make the gamemode/ mutator permanently active on a server while it's up? It's a hassle when after every match, I must enter a new map/command line into the command prompt as opposed to just letting my map cycle run.

Is this just an issue on my side? It seems adding mutators through the server line in general have this issue for me; as opposed to server actors, which can simply be added into the .ini once and forever kept active.

Upvote 0
Hey Skell,
Love the mod so far, however, I have one question that's regarding the core game as opposed to the mod. Currently, when entering the command line, I must enter it through the management command prompt after every match. Is it possible to make the gamemode/ mutator permanently active on a server while it's up? It's a hassle when after every match, I must enter a new map/command line into the command prompt as opposed to just letting my map cycle run.

Is this just an issue on my side? It seems adding mutators through the server line in general have this issue for me; as opposed to server actors, which can simply be added into the .ini once and forever kept active.
This should be changeable via some ini. The default gamemode is decided through one of the game's ini files and is based on map prefix. You should see a section about that in KFGame.ini or something. You'll have to replace the vanilla gamemode with Project One's gamemode. Make sure to back up your server's version of the ini you change - this mod might get broken in the future by an update.

Upvote 0
Hey Skell,

What you need to do is find your PCServer-KFGame.ini and change all references to the game mode. DefaultGame=KFGame.KFGameInfo becomes DefaultGame=ProjectOneV1.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne etc. There are like 11 instances to change. Also, you should probably add ProjectOneV1.ProjectOneMut to the server actors to ensure that the mutator starts up too.

Upvote 0
Much appreciated to both you and ramndude on answering my question. I'm currently running 4 game changing mods on my server and they all blend nicely: ServerExt, Slot Machine, and both your gamemode and mutator. I'm having a blast configuring the stats and my players are also enjoying the progression. Having your mod has allowed me to add more dynamics to Marco's Server Extension mod by shining a bit more life on zed types as well as specific perk weapons.

Im excited to see what you come up with next and will be eager to test it asap.

Upvote 0
Nateku,

I am not running RTD, sorry. Let me know if you find an answer, as Im curious to know the blending as well.

Skell,

two questions:

1 where would I be able to find the file that shows the listing for DTModList?

2 It seems the game doesnt have the perks for firebug or demo listed in the PCServer-KFGame.ini (under "KFGame.KFPerk__" prefix). Is it just me and if not, this would mean that we cannot configure PerkModList with your mutator for these select classes correct?

I'd love it if I could configure the perk and weapon damage for the classes (fire and demo, in particular).

Upvote 0
Where would I be able to find the file that shows the listing for DTModList?
There is an ini file in the .zip file you download for the mod. Put that in the server config folder (It says this right at the bottom of the first post).

It seems the game doesnt have the perks for firebug or demo listed in the PCServer-KFGame.ini (under "KFGame.KFPerk__" prefix). Is it just me and if not, this would mean that we cannot configure PerkModList with your mutator for these select classes correct?
I don't understand what you're trying to say but I'm going to assume you're just don't understand how code works.

Here's a list of the perk classes:
Code:
KFPerk_Berserker
KFPerk_Commando
KFPerk_Demolitionist
KFPerk_FieldMedic
KFPerk_Firebug
KFPerk_Support
[COLOR=Gray]//Aren't available in the current game but left in code as empty classes[/COLOR]
KFPerk_Gunslinger
KFPerk_MartialArtist
KFPerk_Sharpshooter
KFPerk_Swat
Added lists of classes for zeds, perks and damage types in the main post. Use it as a configuration cheat-sheet for the ProjectOne ini file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skell,
Regarding a question made in a previous post, will you be adding a zed resistance feature for this mod? If so, could you explain what you meant by the code being odd to list in the .ini?

I would love to be able to adjust the resistance values (For example: decreasing explosive resistance for Hans).

Upvote 0
is there any chance you'll be adding a way to set the experience you gain from each zed?
Anytime a mutator is run on a server it will stop saving player xp. What would the purpose of an experience modifier be?
Skell,
Regarding a question made in a previous post, will you be adding a zed resistance feature for this mod? If so, could you explain what you meant by the code being odd to list in the .ini?

I would love to be able to adjust the resistance values (For example: decreasing explosive resistance for Hans).
My schedule is a little busy with work and class so I don't know if I'll be adding any features anytime soon. What I meant by that is there's only 2 straight forward ways to store information like that, and this is what it would look like in the ini:

Note that both of these examples are storing the same information, just expressed using their given method.

Method 1 (single struct per zed):
Code:
PerZedModifier[0]=(ZedClass=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHans',DTMod[0]=(DT=Class'KFGameContent.KFDT_Ballistic_9mm',Multiplier=1.5), DTMod[1]=(DT=Class'KFGameContent.KFDT_Ballistic_AR15',Multiplier=1.25))
PerZedModifier[1]=(ZedClass=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedFleshpound', DTMod[0]=(DT=Class'KFGameContent.KFDT_Explosive_RPG7',Multiplier=2.0),   DTMod[1]=(DT=Class'KFGameContent.KFDT_Explosive_Sacrifice',Multiplier=0.8)
Obviously Method 1 is a pain to maintain in the config but really easy to code.

Method 2 (multiple entries per zed):
Code:
PerZedModifier[0]=(ZedClass=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHans',DT=Class'KFGameContent.KFDT_Ballistic_9mm',Multiplier=1.5)
PerZedModifier[1]=(ZedClass=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHans',DT=Class'KFGameContent.KFDT_Ballistic_AR15',Multiplier=1.25)
PerZedModifier[2]=(ZedClass=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedFleshpound',DT=Class'KFGameContent.KFDT_Explosive_RPG7',Multiplier=2.0)
PerZedModifier[3]=(ZedClass=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedFleshpound',DT=Class'KFGameContent.KFDT_Explosive_Sacrifice',Multiplier=0.8)
Method 2 is also somewhat of a pain but not as much so as Method 1. However, this code also needs to be a little more complex because, if just left as-is, it would be very slow when executed. Which means that I would then have to write even more code to process this list and create an optimized, master list which would then be used during runtime.

Upvote 0