• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Operation Dark Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could rig them to the TWI rigs like I did with the deadspace mod. But that might be allot of work and it would be a simple reskin in the end.

Can't be done, all the creatures use custom animations ported direct from Resident Evil.

Although I understand what everyone is saying, the undeniable fact is that the majority of KF players will download this mod through KF.

Granted they're going to be downloading a massive file (just a heads up) but they will do it.

The last thing I want is that I have put time and effort into making this mod as sweet as it can be, and it can't be enjoyed to its full potential.

By all means I'm not saying, if this dont work, it aint been released, because that is just stupid talk. But ideally it is an issue I want resolving before release.

I'll keep looking at Marco's code and see if I can fix the blip. But it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. The entire code compiles correctly, so I'm not actually get any errors to work with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ins't it a total conversion or something? Downloading total conversion through KF? Really?

It is a mod that runs from Killing Floor, its not like DA2. Although the mod is big, its not a seperate entity.

So the point is it downloads like any other mod from KF, like Dead Space downloads when you connect to the server, Resident Evil will download when you connect to a server.

The overall point is that those who are downloading it manually get more for thier money anyway. You get the passworded files containing unlockable characters. The folks downloading in game dont get those. But not having the characters wont stop the game working properly. Not having the data required for death will stop it working. Thats the issue.

Upvote 0
Can't be done, all the creatures use custom animations ported direct from Resident Evil.

Why not? The Tyrants can be rigged on the FP rig quite easy. Just paint the envelopes. Sure, youll need to create some unique aniamtions yourself, but the core model will look and feel like a Tyrant. For deadspace I did the same thing.

Though I must admit...it will feel like your doing the mod all over again...wich will feel like a drag to do.

Upvote 0
Why not? The Tyrants can be rigged on the FP rig quite easy. Just paint the envelopes. Sure, youll need to create some unique aniamtions yourself, but the core model will look and feel like a Tyrant. For deadspace I did the same thing.

Though I must admit...it will feel like your doing the mod all over again...wich will feel like a drag to do.

Although it will fix the problem, its too much a step backwards.

Plus the point of the Resi mod is the fact the creatures feel like Resident Evil creatures. Rigging the models of KF for me is just like reskinning the KF Zeds.

It would be pointless at this stage even considering such a drastic change. Quite simply, I wouldn't even bother with it if that was my only option.

Upvote 0
I still say that you finish to the best of your ability and release. if you download in game sux to be you. As the player, having to go out and look for some content won't kill anyone. People can just run a server-ad blip that says "go here: XXX to get death animations". Now if they don't do it they don't care enough. In which case they don't deserve the mod. simple as that :p

Upvote 0
To narrow it down for you (from my Doom 3 mod), DoomMonster base class:
Code:
simulated function PlayDyingAnimation(class<DamageType> DamageType, vector HitLoc)
{
	RemoveEffects();
	if ( Level.NetMode!=NM_DedicatedServer && [COLOR="Red"]Class'D3Karma'.Static.UseRagdoll()[/COLOR] && Len(RagdollOverride)>0 )
	{
...init ragdoll.
	}

// non-ragdoll death fallback
	Velocity += GetTearOffMomemtum();
	BaseEyeHeight = Default.BaseEyeHeight;
	SetTwistLook(0, 0);
	SetInvisibility(0.0);
	PlayDirectionalDeath(HitLoc);
	SetPhysics(PHYS_Falling);
}
D3Karma.uc:
Code:
Class D3Karma extends Object
	Config(Doom3KF)
	PerObjectConfig;

var config bool bRagdolls;
var bool bHasInit,bRagdoll;

static final function InitConfig()
{
	local D3Karma D;

Default.bHasInit = true;
	D = New(None,"Doom3Karma") Class'D3Karma';
	Default.bRagdoll = D.bRagdolls;
	D.SaveConfig();
}
static final function bool UseRagdoll()
{
	if( !Default.bHasInit )
		InitConfig();
	return Default.bRagdoll;
}
defaultproperties
{
}
And finally ini entry is needed (Doom3KF.ini):
Code:
[Doom3Karma D3Karma]
bRagdolls=True
Any questions?

Upvote 0
Any questions?

First of all thank you for taking the time to address this problem I'm having.

I'm happy to say I had pretty much all the same code in place that you have quoted there.

But I followed your code and I now get an error when compiling that says:

Code:
 REMonster.uc(5) : Error, '.': Bad command or Expression
Which is this line of code:

Code:

When I remove the ... I get another error with RemoveEffects();

And do I not need any of the following?:

From DoomMonster
Code:
var(Anims) name DeathAnims[4],SightAnim;

simulated function PlayDeathAnim()
{
    PlayAnim(DeathAnims[Rand(4)],BurnAnimTime, 0.1);
}
Thanks again Marco.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:

And do I not need any of the following?:

From DoomMonster
Code:
var(Anims) name DeathAnims[4],SightAnim;

simulated function PlayDeathAnim()
{
    PlayAnim(DeathAnims[Rand(4)],BurnAnimTime, 0.1);
}
Thanks again Marco.

I would assume you would. Since if the player does not have the karma files for the ragdolls, the game will need something to fall back on such as a death animation of some sort. If your animations already have an animation you could just plug them into default properties.

Upvote 0
Any news?

News is I have been looking through the Out of Hell mod and have been taking notes on what could be improved in my own levels and the mod as a whole.

In terms of the death animation problems, it still will not work. The more I alter the code, the more it won't compile. No clue what is triggering it as of yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.