• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] No Kill Stats - Replaces 'kills' with 'time' on the scoreboard

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
This mutator simply alters the scoreboard to replace the kill counter with a time counter - indicating how long that player has been playing in the current round. Hopefully it will help promote better team play since people will care about surviving more than getting the most kills.

I haven't really been able to give it much testing, although if a few people can make sure it all works and report back here I'll submit it for whitelisting.

Attachments

• NoKillStats.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 1
Thank you, I don't mind! ;)

Only, I'd rather have waited until I'm sure that there are no problems with it. Still, I don't think many people are going to take the time to try out such a small unwhitelisted mutator, and from what I can see it works fine anyway, so I might as well go with it and fix it later if there are any problems.

Upvote 0
Thank you, I don't mind! ;)

Only, I'd rather have waited until I'm sure that there are no problems with it. Still, I don't think many people are going to take the time to try out such a small unwhitelisted mutator, and from what I can see it works fine anyway, so I might as well go with it and fix it later if there are any problems.

I've played it, and I haven't had any trouble [:

Upvote 0
This mutator simply alters the scoreboard to replace the kill counter with a time counter - indicating how long that player has been playing in the current round. Hopefully it will help promote better team play since people will care about surviving more than getting the most kills.

I haven't really been able to give it much testing, although if a few people can make sure it all works and report back here I'll submit it for whitelisting.
Thx a lot:)

Upvote 0
Sorry to ask a "noobish" question but how do I get this to work on my server?

I already have the Anti-Blocker mutator running.
And I am a bit thick when it comes to adding mutators where there is no instructions.

Just wondering if I add something after
?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
Or do I have to edit the killingfloor.ini file.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I was going to ask about the thing that DDC1234 mentioned. I thought it was a bug first, but now it seems like it's a feature, that the clock keeps ticking even after death.

When I read the description I took for granted that the players that stay alive the longest will get the highest scores. But now that the clock keeps on going even after one dies, all players end up having the same score (if they all started playing at the same time).
The description says that the timer counts for how long the player has been playing the current round. Well... I wouldn't really consider being dead in spectator mode as playing :)

I often play with my friends on any of our private servers. It often gets competitive, and the teamwork suffers even worse when some are more selfish than others.
But when using this mut, it changed quite dramatically. The selfish players were a lot easier to keep in the group, since they didn't get any real credit for running away on killing sprees.
However, when we discovered that the clock keeps on ticking after one dies, the teamwork boost vanished almost entirely, and people started running around on their own again.

So... A stoppable timer would be very appreciated :)

Upvote 0
Sorry to ask a "noobish" question but how do I get this to work on my server?

I already have the Anti-Blocker mutator running.
And I am a bit thick when it comes to adding mutators where there is no instructions.

Just wondering if I add something after
?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
Or do I have to edit the killingfloor.ini file.

Thanks.

yes if someone could mention if we need to add something like a server package to the ini or something cause just two files and no readme file confuses me.

Upvote 0