• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] No Big Guns

Phada

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
France
phada.2ya.com
Mutator: Items Remover (previously known as No Big Guns)

Description:
This is a remake of my previous mutator No Big Guns, this time you can remove ALL weapons (including syringe, welder and nades) 27 options in total, so everyone will be happy :p
Let me know if there are any bug, this has been made quickly and I did not tested everything.

Updated: 26 March 2011
-Remade with all weapons
-Renamed Items Remover
Updated: 7 sep. 2010 - Current whitelisted version: Download.
-Added Chainsaw, Katana and P

Attachments

• KFItemsR.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 2
  • KFItemsR_src.zip
    3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: SMIFF
whitelist this!!! this will be great for server owners that hate people winning cheaply at their maplists!
i actually think this should be edited inot the game with a more precise removal. ex. less players= more options for bigger guns. more players= more blocked acces to bigger guns. if that doesn't fix the problem idk what will.:D i'd make it but i have no coding experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chainsaw, katana and hunting shotty might have a place on this list too but what about lv6 firebugs that spawn with the flamer and sharpshooters that spawn with the bow?

Just tested it with perk selector and it didn't spawn me with the crossbow, and then tested a map with definite crossbow spawns (KF-Levelmyperks), they didn't show up there either

So it's looking good so far

Upvote 0
Thanks for all comments guys!

i actually think this should be edited inot the game with a more precise removal. ex. less players= more options for bigger guns. more players= more blocked acces to bigger guns. if that doesn't fix the problem idk what will.:D i'd make it but i have no coding experience.
I like the idea but that seems complicated to do, mainly for the menu.

Id like to see pipebombs added to the list

pipespam is still an issue otherwise
Well I can add any weapons, but I don't see any reason to add them all.
Also he should be better to modify the pipebombs to limit the maximum numbers that can be used at the same time.

Chainsaw, katana and hunting shotty might have a place on this list too but what about lv6 firebugs that spawn with the flamer and sharpshooters that spawn with the bow?
I've done some tests by adding directly in the mutator the following code to spawn with additional weapons:

Code:
function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other) {
    if (KFHumanPawn(Other) != None) {
        Other.GiveWeapon("KFMod.Crossbow");
        Other.GiveWeapon("KFMod.FlameThrower");
    }

if (NextMutator != None)
        NextMutator.ModifyPlayer(Other);
}
And seems to work correctly, the mutator will remove the selected weapons from player (real weapons), from map (pickup version) and from trader.

If someone wants more weapons in the list, please give me a real good reason :p

Upvote 0
I'll look at the source code and point out any flaws.

Edit: It looks good to me but you might want to add these lines to the default properties:

bAlwaysRelevant=True
RemoteRole=ROLE_SimulatedProxy
bAddToServerPackages=True

In your compile.bat file add this line:
UCC dumpint KFNoBigGuns.u

It will create an .int file and although it's not neccessary, it may help people with finding the mutator on their mutator list if they have a rather large one like me. Just some friendly advice. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@YoYoBatty
Thank you, this is very appreciated! :)
I didn't know that ucc's command.
Just a question, what do exactly bAlwaysRelevant and ROLE_SimulatedProxy?

About the pipebombs:
The patriarch have a immunity system against the pipebombs, which will reduce the damages received from several pipebombs in a short time.
I don't understand well that part of code, and have no idea if the reduction is huge or at how many pipebombs the rest of the stack will be wasted.
So maybe 10 pipes well spaced may be more useful than a stack of 50 pipes. (I am just speculating)

Anyway, pipes stack is often a bad tactic, at least on high difficulty.
Using pipes into a long corridor or on a long way is much more useful usually.

Also note that spacing pipes takes much more time than just stack them all around the trader. In this good way there are no real problem about the unlimited number of pipes usable at the same time.

I should still add the pipebombs in the mutator?

Upvote 0
Edit: It looks good to me but you might want to add these lines to the default properties:

bAlwaysRelevant=True
RemoteRole=ROLE_SimulatedProxy
bAddToServerPackages=True
I checked the code and I can say this is not needed in this mutator.

bAlwaysRelevant + SimulatedProxy only makes the mutator actor relevant to client which is not needed 90 % of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phada and arramus
Upvote 0
I checked the code and I can say this is not needed in this mutator.

bAlwaysRelevant + SimulatedProxy only makes the mutator actor relevant to client which is not needed 90 % of the time.
Ok thanks a lot for the clarification, so I will only add bAddToServerPackages=True ;)

Yes, because they still decimate fleshpounds

..and that sucks
Indeed, the pipebombs (and grenades frag) do double damage to FP.
I will add it later or tomorrow.

edit: done, this should be the final version, or no change until a eventual v2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0