• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Music downloader

zombies vanish

zombies vanish

i downloaded this mod and installed it on my server, but when you join my server the client downloads the mut music mod, then after map loads the mod ask's the client weather they want to install the mod, if you click yes it instantly crashes the game to desktop. i have figured out that its the .dll file causing the issue. is there supposed to be a .dll file in the server side zip file? because only the client side has the .dll. so i tested the mod by installing the client side mod with the .dll file into steams killing floor and the mod works fine downloading the ogg music files, although when you start playing the round the zombies start to be randomly dissapeer , and i mean all of them at once just vanish. disable the mod on the server and the zombies don't vanish. if u persist playing with the mod switched on, then another interesting thing happends. after 2 matches the server dies, just closes off. so i have been forced to remove the mod. and i can play on the server just fine with no issues. so the problem i have narrowed down is the .dll is not to be found when you try to install it after being asked in the clients game if you would like the mod installed. maybe the mod should link you to the forum posting were the client side download exists so people can manually install it? as for the disapeering act of the zombies and the server crashing after 2 rounds, i am clueless. is anyone else having these issues ? was it the last kf update or some Halloween update that killed the mut ? eagerly awaiting anyone's response! as this is an awesome mod, when and if it works properly! Marco you are a very talented mod maker i love your work.
Mick

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi marco, hope you are ok , i was wondering if i can change da default music in maps like bioticlabs, westlondon the original ones that came with the game from the beginning with your mut, i mean make a host and and be able to make it work 100 %, hope you can answer me thanks for taking the time to help me thanks

Upvote 0
hi marco hope ur having a great day, they told me about your mut. , so my question is if i can use your mutator to change the default music in defaults maps (example bioticlab, west london so on so far) and make it work online, make the other players listen to the custom music, pliz marco if you can help me i will feel so happy, have mercy on me man, thanks for reading my message and hope i get any sugestion from you thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,

Perfect - it works for the Toy Master map!

Is it possible for you to update the mut giving clients an option(or at least a message to let them know that you need to restart the game for it to register those downloaded files) to restart the game and then automatically re-join the server after restart(just like how it shows up a screen that says do you want to install this - when clients don't have the music mut loader installed, yes or no, and if yes, it restarts the game for you and auto joins the server you were last on) so that those downloaded files are now registered by the game? Because I almost got fooled by it as it didn't look like it works but after letting the game crash and or restarting and testing some more - I find that I need to let the game restart in order for it to register those files.

Also another thing, can you submit this for whitelisting please?

Oh and another question, is it possible to specifically force download file(s) ONLY when you go on the map that needs the files rather than have any maps, regardless if it needs the files or not, download it anyways?

Thanks, keep up the good work! :)

Upvote 0
You already got a answer to this:

If the game doesn't get updates, then you can't get new whitelisted content.
And just like Skell, Marco has moved to KF2.

Oh right, I forgot about that! lol :D I keep thinking KF1 will still get updates...hahahaha:p Damn, I need to find where it was that I read it was supposedly still to be kept alive with updates and such. Perhaps I read the post wrong, but at least I'll sleep easier if I can verify that *post*....where ever it was....otherwise I can go with one of the more recent post by one of the devs that said something along the lines of "Yes we will release updates for KF1 if there is demand, otherwise not in the near future." This was posted in one of the WIP updates for KF2(or maybe somewhere else and I've forgotten but it was definitely a dev that responded that), I believe...

Aw damn.....some of these mods would do nicely with the new suggestions/fixes.

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem with MusicLoader and my redirect.
It only downloads one song then it fails to download the others:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329440560http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329440560

My redirect url is:
kf.lolisandstuff.moe:1984/KillingFloor/
I talked to Janitor, he sugested using www. as hostname so I tried that as well. www.lolisandstuff.moe:1984/KillingFloor/
Same problem. His redirect works though on my server. I got no idea what's wrong with it.

Edit: Got it also running on port 80 now. Same problem...

I still have this problem btw, I gave up and stopped using MusicLoader.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt mind either. I would be very greatful if TWI pushes a community type update.

The dev mentioned that if there is enough demand, they will push out another update(or updates).......wanna start a petition for such demand....?:D We'll bring :IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2: if they don't comply....hahaha

I still have this problem btw, I gave up and stopped using MusicLoader.
Hm, might have to check out the custom music side of it later on to see if I am also getting what you're getting....

Upvote 0
fyi, while it's not a fix and wont force client downloads, you can change the playlist but editing the map INT. It's fairly safe to do as it shouldn't cause any problems for clients other than not playing anything for those that don't have a specified track. Even if you're not using custom music you could use it as a way of freshening things up. The playlist format is pretty simple to understand. The only quirk being the first ambient track plays at match start, which lasts only about 5 seconds before the first wave. I'd recommend either silence (by using an invalid track name) or something that will also be used in another wave. While it will work solo, the server has authority of the playlist online. So this is really only useful for server admins or players that only play offline.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well this is a little late response but I rarely visit KF1 forums anymore. But I put up an update for this mod to fix the multiple downloads issue (hopefully). Download link's in the first post.

Thank you for this update!
This fixes my problem I had before where it would only download 1 file, now it downloads all files fine.

But I did encounter a new problem, and this is something someone else also had.
When for example, the first file it tries to download 404's then the other files will also fail (not with a 404, just connection failed to open)
Like in KF-Corruption. It tries to download KF-Abandon.ogg, which is included in the base game but with underscore instead, when I added that file to redirect it downloaded both files fine. Without it errors. Pic related: http://a.lolisandstuff.moe/zooejgt.jpg
So TL;DL if you don't have the first file, it won't download the others.

Now another thing is a feature request.
You can't use use this to download Karma files, because stuff like the Female fleshpounds checks if the file is there to prevent crashes when loading the rag-dolls.
Now, when a client joins the server and doesn't have the file it will download it, but this file wont be loaded until the client reconnects aka loads again. But because the file is present rag-dolls will be enabled and they will crash.

So I'd request this feature: Make client download any karma files defined first, then do a reconnect to the server automatically.

Another thing, when people deny the installation, it keeps popping up at each map switch, if the clients really don't want it installed, could you have a option to remember the choice (save to user.ini)? In a form of a checkbox, don't show again or similar.

Anyway, glad you showed up in this thread again and solved my previous issue, but if you got time check out these things I listed too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0