• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Modded Specimen Mechanics

I've now managed to get the the 'Super version' of the Bloat, and Gorefast working 100% by compiling ZombieSuperBloat.uc and ZombieSuperGorefast.uc from your source files :D, however, I get this error with the last of the super speciments:

''Error, Can't find class 'SuperZombieMut.SZPlayerController'.'' :(

Is there a file missing called 'SuperZombieMut.SZPlayerController' from your source files? Or what is going wrong in the compiling? There are the individual files SuperZombieMut and SZPlayerController, though, maybe something do do with them, yes, no? If you could upload it, if it's indeed a missing file, that'd be really nice.

On a slightly different note:

Why not have all the compiled class files for easy download since your mutator needs them? Or am I missing something essential here?

Thanks

There's no reason to try and recompile my source code. The compiled package for 1.8.3 is designed to work with ServerPerks V6.00. Download both mutators and have both active.

Upvote 0
There's no reason to try and recompile my source code. The compiled package for 1.8.3 is designed to work with ServerPerks V6.00. Download both mutators and have both active.

You don't understand. It doesn't work for me with ServerPerks V6.00 + the lasted package of yours, alone, that is. However, compiling the ZombieSuper'X' class files, individually, and together with your latest package + ServerPerks V6.0, works. No issue. It just doesn't work without the individually 'standalone' compiled ZombieSuper'X' files. I don't know why, and I haven't got any other like-wise issue with other mutators.

I am only asking for that missing componant to compile the remaining specimens, however, 'unproper' way that is. But it'll work with all the specimens then.

Please consider helping with it.

Edit:

I've found a termporarily solution, if nothing else, and that is to make copies of 'SuperZombieMut_ServerPerks.u' and rename them to the ZombieSuper'X' - for all the super specimens - and put them into the system folder. Funny thing, I guess, but this does seem to make the mutator work as it should (for me).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Small sugguestion to the Super Husk, if I may.

It seems that the Husk cannot make a hit (direct or splash) when you're standing on top of something, like a car, tree stub when there's nothing behind you.

So if you're standing on a car and he stands 10-15 meters, shooting at you, he wont make a single hit! He'll actually never make any hit in a situation like this no matter how many times he fires at you.

Couldn't this be tweaked? Like making 10% of his shots be direct ones?

He is of course even more dangerous when you're moving around (at a certian distance from him) and his shots ain't direct shoots. Because of the off-chance that you run into his shoots. But if just 10% were direct ones it'll spice it up a tad.

What you think about it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
v1.8.2 seems to work fine with ServerPerks V6 too. Or am I wrong?

Yeah, I guess it does. I wasn't sure what files were changed from V5.50 to V6.00 so I recompiled it with V6.00 deps just to be sure.

Small sugguestion to the Super Husk, if I may.

It seems that the Husk cannot make a hit (direct or splash) when you're standing on top of something, like a car, tree stub when there's nothing behind you.

So if you're standing on a car and he stands 10-15 meters, shooting at you, he wont make a single hit! He'll actually never make any hit in a situation like this no matter how many times he fires at you.

Couldn't this be tweaked? Like making 10% of his shots be direct ones?

He is of course even more dangerous when you're moving around (at a certian distance from him) and his shots ain't direct shoots. Because of the off-chance that you run into his shoots. But if just 10% were direct ones it'll spice it up a tad.

What you think about it?

That's how the standard husk projectile works; it always passes through people, even if it's a direct hit. I suppose making the projectile work like a LAW rocket would be an interesting twist.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I guess it does. I wasn't sure what files were changed from V5.50 to V6.00 so I recompiled it with V6.00 deps just to be sure.

That's how the standard husk projectile works; it always passes through people, even if it's a direct hit. I suppose making the projectile work like a LAW rocket would be an interesting twist.

I see.

It would, indeed! I'll be sure to try it out if you'd make such a cool change to the husk. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@scary ghost

Small question:

If I am using the Sandbox with 'Use EndGame Boss' on; how can I then be sure that it is indeed your super version of the boss that spawns Since just having your mutator added to the active mutator list doesn't work to add the modified specimens, right? I can add the other super zeds to the spawn list just fine, but you cannot add the super boss that way.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@scary ghost

Small question:

If I am using the Sandbox with 'Use EndGame Boss' on; how can I then be sure that it is indeed your super version of the boss that spawns Since just having your mutator added to the active mutator list doesn't work to add the modified specimens, right? I can add the other super zeds to the spawn list just fine, but you cannot add the super boss that way.

Thanks

Having the mutator active does swap in the modded ones. You should check the configuration menu to make sure the appropriate boxes are checked for the ones you want to replace.

Upvote 0
Having the mutator active does swap in the modded ones. You should check the configuration menu to make sure the appropriate boxes are checked for the ones you want to replace.

Oh, sorry then. I actually just thought it didn't work adding it to the mutator list because adding brutes and shivers like that wouldn't work. It's dumb to just assume stuff. -_-

/slaps myself

Small error (outdated info) in the readme, I found.

This section:

''The package name is "SuperZombieMut" and the specimens available
are:''

'SuperZombieMut' should be changed to SuperZombieMut_ServerPerks since you changed the package name, right? New players (like me) just might get a bit confused by it. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wait, are you actually sure about this? Because if I use sandbox and select a normal bloat to spawn with the mutator active set to replace bloats, it doesn't actually replace them. So why should it replace the Patriarch? Is it different from that because it is done with the 'Use EndGame Boss' box, or? I am a bit confused about this. I could of course spawn him with the sandbox squad list, but that isn't really the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, sorry then. I actually just thought it didn't work adding it to the mutator list because adding brutes and shivers like that wouldn't work. It's dumb to just assume stuff. -_-

/slaps myself

Small error (outdated info) in the readme, I found.

This section:

''The package name is "SuperZombieMut" and the specimens available
are:''

'SuperZombieMut' should be changed to SuperZombieMut_ServerPerks since you changed the package name, right? New players (like me) just might get a bit confused by it. :p

I forgot to change that reflect the different package name. It is correct for the non server perks version.

Wait, are you actually sure about this? Because if I use sandbox and select a normal bloat to spawn with the mutator active set to replace bloats, it doesn't actually replace them. So why should it replace the Patriarch? Is it different from that because it is done with the 'Use EndGame Boss' box, or? I am a bit confused about this. I could of course spawn him with the sandbox squad list, but that isn't really the same.

The mutator's replacement code modified the default speciment list. Sandbox mode doesn't use that list so it's not going to replace anything if sandbox is enabled, except the patriarch since that's a different setting.

Upvote 0
I forgot to change that reflect the different package name. It is correct for the non server perks version.

The mutator's replacement code modified the default speciment list. Sandbox mode doesn't use that list so it's not going to replace anything if sandbox is enabled, except the patriarch since that's a different setting.

I see. That is good to know for me. Thanks buddy

Upvote 0
This might be a dumb question since I don't know a whole lot about modding.

Is it possible to run this mutator on one server with different configurations? I'd like to be able to have voteable options with and without the replaced sirens since being able to damage players without LoS on them is a little annoying to me. I'm sure not everyone agrees though and some like that added challenge so I don't want to completely get rid of them.

I'm not sure if this is answered in the read me since I can't open it because the file type is just "File". >_>

Upvote 0
This might be a dumb question since I don't know a whole lot about modding.

Is it possible to run this mutator on one server with different configurations? I'd like to be able to have voteable options with and without the replaced sirens since being able to damage players without LoS on them is a little annoying to me. I'm sure not everyone agrees though and some like that added challenge so I don't want to completely get rid of them.

I'm not sure if this is answered in the read me since I can't open it because the file type is just "File". >_>

You can, just add it to one of your vote options, it will break your server's whitelist status though.

Upvote 0
You can, just add it to one of your vote options, it will break your server's whitelist status though.

Ah thanks.
Somewhat off-topic, so if running multiple varied configurations of super zombies would break the whitelist status, is it possible to keep at least one whitelisted option available while having blacklisted or graylisted options on as well?

Ideally I want to have 3 modes, a whitelisted HoE, superzombies + server perks, and Slavek's KF 2.5 oldschool mod.

I've still got to figure out how to have the voting handler fix at all without accidentally blacklisting the server before I try doing that though. :(

Upvote 0
Ah thanks.
Somewhat off-topic, so if running multiple varied configurations of super zombies would break the whitelist status, is it possible to keep at least one whitelisted option available while having blacklisted or graylisted options on as well?

Ideally I want to have 3 modes, a whitelisted HoE, superzombies + server perks, and Slavek's KF 2.5 oldschool mod.

I've still got to figure out how to have the voting handler fix at all without accidentally blacklisting the server before I try doing that though. :(

You can vote back from non-whitelisted mutators and get steam perks back, if those mutators don't screw up KFMod.* default properties (like adjusting weapon damage or specimen health without overriding classes). Super Zombies mutator is a "good one", i.e. after choosing it you can vote back to vanilla game and server's whitelisted status will be restored.

Upvote 0
You can vote back from non-whitelisted mutators and get steam perks back, if those mutators don't screw up KFMod.* default properties (like adjusting weapon damage or specimen health without overriding classes). Super Zombies mutator is a "good one", i.e. after choosing it you can vote back to vanilla game and server's whitelisted status will be restored.

Ah thank you as well, I'm going to try to have this working by this weekend.

Upvote 0
Good news everyone, there is a new version of super zombies. Bleed and poison effects have been implemented without a custom pawn so there is no need for a separate server perks compatible version.

Download
Version 2.0
[url]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16251678/SuperZombie_v2.0.zip[/URL]

Steam Workshop Link
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99086918[/URL]

Specimen Changes
Stalker

• Causes bleed out for 9.5 seconds, damage taken every 1.5 seconds
    • Bleed damage dealt is between [2, 3] points
    • Base melee damage reduced from 5 to 9
Husk

• Projectile can land direct hits on targets
Patriarch

• Criteria for selecting a target randomly changes between 1) distance 2) health and armor 3) ground speed or 4) carry weight
  • Much more aggressive, charging players more frequently and cool down between chain gun and rocket shots reduced.

Upvote 0
Great news! Especially I'm glad that you made a version without overriding human pawn, so no more need for me to write additional compatibility mutator for my ScrN Balance. New Husk's projectiles are superb.

But there is an issue in your PoisonedPawns.tick() function. You're using standard player's speed calculation, ignoring custom speed calculation in other mutators, if such exist. To make myself clear, I'll give you real example. In my ScrN Balance mutator, Berserker looses 15% of default speed while holding non-melee weapon (KFHumanPawn.InventorySpeedModifier is set to negative value in this case). When he gets poisoned by your Super Crawler, his penalty (which is negative in this case) is lowered, and he receives speed boost from poison instead of slowing down.
This isn't a big deal after all, but maybe is it a better to call KFHumanPawn.ModifyVelocity() and then apply a poison penalty?

And I really don't like your new poisonous Stalker. It doesn't make any sense to me. She was already very dangerous in previous versions: invisible and doing continuous attacks. Why need to add poison? Actually it doesn't make game harder, maybe even opposite due to lowered base damage, but is very very annoying. Of course I understand that this is your mutator and you have a right to design zeds as you want, but how about this suggestions:
a) remove poison from Stalker (revert to previous version);
b) randomly set Super Crawlers to make players bleeding or slowing down (e.g. randomly set Crawler's poison type at PostBeginPlay()).

Anyway, I want to say again that mutator you've made is one of the best for raising game's difficulty, but in the same time keeping game/perk balance.

Upvote 0
Good news everyone, there is a new version of super zombies. Bleed and poison effects have been implemented without a custom pawn so there is no need for a separate server perks compatible version.

Download
Version 2.0
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16251678/SuperZombie_v2.0.zip

Steam Workshop Link
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99086918

Specimen Changes
Stalker

• Causes bleed out for 9.5 seconds, damage taken every 1.5 seconds
    • Bleed damage dealt is between [2, 3] points
    • Base melee damage reduced from 5 to 9
Husk

• Projectile can land direct hits on targets
Patriarch

• Criteria for selecting a target randomly changes between 1) distance 2) health and armor 3) ground speed or 4) carry weight
  • Much more aggressive, charging players more frequently and cool down between chain gun and rocket shots reduced.

This is so sick! Really, reallly good stuff. Love the added changes on paper, at least. Pretty sure the Husk and the Patriarch changes are perfect, though. Can't wait to try it out myself :IS2::D

Last edited:
Upvote 0