• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Modded Specimen Mechanics

Updated with fleshpound, husk, and crawler changes.

At this point, I've touched up every specimen except the bloat and clot. Not sure what to do with those 2 but in the meantime, I will be polishing up the code and hopefully have a bug free mutator people can test. I would like to get it whitelisted *crosses fingers* so I would love to have some feedback on how different the mutator makes the game.

Upvote 0
I would love to see the bloat puke ranged tripled(quadrupled?) and the death explosion range doubled. That would give sharpy's constant priority targets and give zerkers another zed that they are best at dealing with. Bloat bile on HOE is a death sentence. Rarely happens because they are to slow to get in range. Super projectile vomit+gut buster bomb= dead players. I like.

Upvote 0
I would love to see the bloat puke ranged tripled(quadrupled?) and the death explosion range doubled. That would give sharpy's constant priority targets and give zerkers another zed that they are best at dealing with. Bloat bile on HOE is a death sentence. Rarely happens because they are to slow to get in range. Super projectile vomit+gut buster bomb= dead players. I like.

Bloats should vomit baby Fleshpounds :cool:

Upvote 0
Having some problems with the bloat at the moment. I haven't had any luck at getting his bile to travel further. You'd think altering the variable "SavedFireProperties.MaxRange" would do the trick but nope. The code mocks me. I might be able to do Yin's idea of continuous puking if I can get the animations to work out correctly. If not, as a compromise, I will just make it so a constant stream of bile projectiles come out, instead of just having 1 stream of 3, when the bloat has leaned over.

As for the clot, taking away the jumping on all difficulties would require me to modify the code for the human players. I want to keep the modded files to only the specimens and their respective files. At this point, I might just leave the clot as is as he did get a nice buff in the last patch.

Any sort of configuration menu will be the last thing I add. I plan to finish up the bloat first and clean up the code first.

Upvote 0
While implementing Yin's bloat idea, I ended up creating a bloat that can almost instantly kill a fully armored level 6 medic. It was quite funny to watch the medic's armor quickly drop from 100 to 0, then die. Take that superior armor and 90% bile resistance.

YouTube - Killing Floor - Super Zombie Mutator - Super Bloat

Last edited:
Reactions: Yin and halbridious
Upvote 0