• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Modded Specimen Mechanics

Actually the source isn't, Whisky strips the source from most if not all the packages he compiles.

Actually I only did it to the Aliens Packages in the beginning to prevent 1001 missmatches by fools. v1.1 isn't strip sourced, v1 was because of my bat file, I forgot to flip the switch off so to speak.

Nearly all of my mods I release open; being asked permission is nice but acknowledgement is all I've ever asked for. If you use something of mine, just gimme a nod that's all. Marco is the one truly responsible for the crawlers behaviour.

Anyway, good to see you keeping this one alive poosh, it's always a fun mod for me when I want to mix things up.

Upvote 0
Actually I only did it to the Aliens Packages in the beginning to prevent 1001 missmatches by fools. v1.1 isn't strip sourced, v1 was because of my bat file, I forgot to flip the switch off so to speak.

Nearly all of my mods I release open; being asked permission is nice but acknowledgement is all I've ever asked for. If you use something of mine, just gimme a nod that's all. Marco is the one truly responsible for the crawlers behaviour.

Anyway, good to see you keeping this one alive poosh, it's always a fun mod for me when I want to mix things up.

Ahh I see

Upvote 0
@scary ghost

I just saw Gartley's Arachnophobia mod, and I was wondering if you're maybe thinking of incorporating this new AI for crawlers into your mod? I like how they crawl on walls, ect. :)

Also, I like the new version changes! Nice job as always

Nah, I won't be merging abilities. IMO, a better way would be to have a separate mut that mixes the crawlers in the spawn groups.

Upvote 0
Finally it is whitelisted, GZ! However, I don't care about whitelisted anyway.

A suggestion about Super Stalkers: Can you make them fully invisible? That is:
  • At far distance (>16m, 800uu) only Commandos can see Stalkers partially visible. Other perks don't see them at all.
  • At close distance everything remains as in vanilla: Commandos see Stalkers uncloaked while other perks see them partially visible.

Upvote 0
Finally it is whitelisted, GZ! However, I don't care about whitelisted anyway.

A suggestion about Super Stalkers: Can you make them fully invisible? That is:
  • At far distance (>16m, 800uu) only Commandos can see Stalkers partially visible. Other perks don't see them at all.
  • At close distance everything remains as in vanilla: Commandos see Stalkers uncloaked while other perks see them partially visible.

It's a good idea, though a trigger happy demo will probably kill them all anyways, then have no ammo 1/2 way through the wave, lol.

Upvote 0
Nice mutator but...

Nice mutator but...

I've tested it on my regular 6 man dedi server.

What I found out was (to avoid all camping together because it is just so boring) that scrakes, FP, husks and sirens are a little OP if you for example choose to play Commando alone somewhere, with the flinch ability on scrakes. Also that Super Patty wasn't so super after all. Meleelocking him making him feel like I joke and should maybe be fun if it wasn't possible.

This because I love the free gameplay and variety off perks and certain weapons.

Even playing with just mk23 and musket which I love much is kinda hard now. Can't kill crakes and FP alone very well.

Is it possible to make another version designed more to the free gameplay I'm talking about. For example, making it possible to flinch but instead make scrakes abit faster maybe and more hp perhaps. Like 3 hs with bow or 5 with musket. Husks with just better aim and not being able to spam me with 15 shots if they are 3 of them. And NOT possible to screamcancel sirens. FP a little bit faster so no other then zerks and medic can kite them and more hp perhaps. Just quickly ideas, if this is an idea of interest you can maybe come up with better options.

Anyway love the mutator since I just disabled scrakes, FP etc. Rest of the zeds I love (for my type off playing)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a good idea, though a trigger happy demo will probably kill them all anyways, then have no ammo 1/2 way through the wave, lol.

From the other side, demo have a chance to blow himself up, if he won't notice a Stalker in front of him. So it is 50/50.

And how about making decapitated Bloats never bleed out or at least set BleedOutDuration to 30 seconds? They would be a great meatshields for Sirens to hide behind.

This could sound weird, but what about Gorefasts kicking Crawlers into player's face? Crawler could loose 25% hp after hit, so he can be 1-bodyshot by SCAR or HC. But if Crawlers reaches a player, it does 2x damage.
The logic under this could be like that:

• When distance between Gorefast and his Enemy (Gorefast.Controller.Enemy) is lower than a kick range (~50m, 2500uu), Gorefast uses VisibleCollidingActors() to look for a crawler in the range.
  • Crawler must be between Gorefast and Enemy and must see him. In other worlds (pseido-code):
    Code:
    Crawler.Controller.CanSee(Enemy) && VSizeSquared(Enemy.Location - Gorefast.Location) < VSizeSquared(Enemy.Location - Crawler.Location);
  • If valid Crawler found, Gorefast sets his target to Crawler and rage-runs towards to him.
  • When Gorefast touches the Crawler, latter takes damage and performs jumps to the player.
What do you think about it?

@Goikoi
This mutator was made to provide better teamwork, but you're suggesting to allow soloing 6p games again. There are vanilla zed for this purpose.

@iamherefordownloadsz
Super Scrakes still get owned by Xbow sharps, if team is good. One noob shooting everything he see is enough to make Super Scrake a deadly beast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bug report. Actually this bug is in KFMonster.TakeDamage(), not inside SuperZombies code. If monster takes environmental damage, where Instigator=none or damage is not a child of KFWeaponDamageType, then access none error occurs:
Code:
Warning: ZombieCrawler KF-BioticsLab.ZombieCrawler (Function KFMod.KFMonster.TakeDamage:02EA) Accessed None 'LastDamagedBy'

And if monster stuck somewhere, where it constantly takes damage, e.g. fire, even if Damage=0, if spams log messages, reducing server's performance down to 0.

Solution:
Code:
function TakeDamage(int Damage, Pawn InstigatedBy, Vector HitLocation, Vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamType, optional int HitIndex)
{
    if (InstigatedBy == none || class<KFWeaponDamageType>(DamType) == none)
        Super(Monster).TakeDamage(Damage, instigatedBy, hitLocation, momentum, DamType); // skip NONE-reference error
    else 
        Super(KFMonster).TakeDamage(Damage, instigatedBy, hitLocation, momentum, DamType);
}

I already sent bug report to Tripwire, but you know "fast" is their reaction time.

Upvote 0
Bug report. Actually this bug is in KFMonster.TakeDamage(), not inside SuperZombies code. If monster takes environmental damage, where Instigator=none or damage is not a child of KFWeaponDamageType, then access none error occurs:
Code:
Warning: ZombieCrawler KF-BioticsLab.ZombieCrawler (Function KFMod.KFMonster.TakeDamage:02EA) Accessed None 'LastDamagedBy'
And if monster stuck somewhere, where it constantly takes damage, e.g. fire, even if Damage=0, if spams log messages, reducing server's performance down to 0.

Solution:
Code:
function TakeDamage(int Damage, Pawn InstigatedBy, Vector HitLocation, Vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamType, optional int HitIndex)
{
    if (InstigatedBy == none || class<KFWeaponDamageType>(DamType) == none)
        Super(Monster).TakeDamage(Damage, instigatedBy, hitLocation, momentum, DamType); // skip NONE-reference error
    else 
        Super(KFMonster).TakeDamage(Damage, instigatedBy, hitLocation, momentum, DamType);
}
I already sent bug report to Tripwire, but you know "fast" is their reaction time.

Poosh, could you give me some help applying your fix? I'm a bit confused, actually. Is the file I am looking for 'KFMonster.uc'? I checked the file out, but couldn't actually find where to apply your fix in it. :)

Upvote 0
Poosh, could you give me some help applying your fix? I'm a bit confused, actually. Is the file I am looking for 'KFMonster.uc'? I checked the file out, but couldn't actually find where to apply your fix in it. :)

This could should be added to subclass of KFMonster. What this code does? It bypasses KFMonster.TakeDamage(), if there is no Instigator or damage is not a child of KFWeaponDamageType.

Upvote 0
Could you show me where to add it exactly, Poosh? KFMonster in code tags with the added subclass, I mean. I am too rookie. :)

Basically copy and paste that code into the zed classes like ZombieClot and ZombieBloat

If you need to know sub-classes are all classes that extend a parent class, like so ZombieClot extends ZombieClotBase (Parent of ZombieClot) which extends the class KFMonster (Parent class of ZombieClotBase) and so on

Or he wants you to make something like a new base class that extends KFMonster then make all zeds extend from that custom class

Last edited:
Upvote 0