• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Modded Specimen Mechanics

TBH, this is something you see in a-lot of games of that era - the engine just has trouble handling clipping or path-ing in a very specific area. Sometimes its as simple as a new bot path node in the map, other times i've had to rebuild a map because the bots absolutely cannot understand that objects shape :/

I see. Wouldn't it make sense then if there was a code to detect repeating movement for the specimens then, which then would initiate another code? Especially for the Patty.

Also, scaryghost, I was thinking about what if the Patty could move (walk) while firing his Minigun? He's a bit too static when using it, I feel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Making the Patty walk a short distance would be good i think, Hard Pat is pretty OP'd like that its like a full 5-10 walk fire.

This is in seconds, I take it? Because that doesn't seem too long, at all. 10-15, even 20, seconds of walk'n'gun, seems fine to me. But why shouldn't he just walk'n'gun until he has spend all of his shots with his minigun? Still, I guess there was to be a cooldown of this such of feature, so he doesn't become too static if the players decides to run away from him, or something, but the cooldown could be longer if done in such a way as described, I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is in seconds, I take it? Because that doesn't seem too long, at all. 10-15, even 20, seconds of walk'n'gun, seems fine to me. But why shouldn't he just walk'n'gun until he has spend all of his shots with his minigun? Still, I guess there was to be a cooldown of this such of feature, so he doesn't become too static if the players decides to run away from him, or something, but the cooldown could be longer if done in such a way as described, I think.

Wasnt quite sure on the time duration, just pulled numbers out my head. Also, Patty doesnt consume rounds like a player does, What sucks is when you have full cover, patty starts firing and just moves to negate your cover, too easy to go from full H/A to dead, he's firing this whole time, not just moving closer to you. His standard Chaingun duration should be enough i think if he can walk that.

Upvote 0
I did try mobile patriarch once like HardPat but a funny thing happened when I tried to implement it. Everything was working fine until you started strafing. He would try to turn but even though the barrel wasn't pointed in your directions, the "bullets" would be flying in your direction from the barrel tip.

LOL. That is problematic.

I hope you'll take a crack at it again some day, though!

Upvote 0
Version 2.1

Version 2.1

Version 2.1 is out with some bug fixes and new features. Either subscribe to the workshop page or d/l from this link:
https://github.com/downloads/scaryghost/SuperZombieMut/SuperZombie_v2.1.zip

HUD

• Added interaction to display bleed and poison icon on the HUD
  • Created custom replication class to store bleed and poisoned state
Scrake

• Body shots from attacks that can head shot will break stun i.e. body shot from m99 or buzzsaw.
  • Stun timer can be reset if a stunning blow is landed before the current stun is over.
Patriarch

• Fixed bugs with charge from damage ability
    • Could be locked in the 'Transition' animation if repeatedly hit with strong attacks e.g. chainsaw alt, xbow
    • Could also be repeatedly forced to kneel down if current hp < healing level hp
The new HUD icons are more of a proof of concept than the final product. If someone good at making textures wants to make a proper bleed and poison icon for me, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll tell you more - it doesn't work with event zeds, and won't work anymore with regular ones too until changes will be made. Atm it's worthless to do any changes, because nobody knows who the new zed system will look in the next update.

Pretty much all this. When the event is over, and the KF code should be stable for a few months, I'll fix it.

Upvote 0
Version 2.1.1

Version 2.1.1

Version 2.1.1 is out. I updated the code to be compatible with the new spawn system and fixed a bug with the bleeding and poison icons permanently sticking if the player died with them active. And since workshop updating is still broken, you'll just have to download it from the the below link for now:

Download

[url]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16251678/SuperZombie_v2.1.1.zip[/URL]

Upvote 0
Very smart move to KFMonstersCollection (I still don't get why TWI is using default values instead of creating an object?).
Just one note for users: if you're using SuperZombies with other custom specimens (e.g. Brute or Shiver), you need to set SuperZombies before them in the mutator list. For example:
Code:
"?Mutator=SuperZombieMut.SuperZombieMut,<CustomZedMut>"

Upvote 0
So I can only assume, that I copy the contents of this mutator to the kf system folder on my server and NOT in my steam kf system folder?

Sorry. But I'm new to all this.

Yes, to the system folder on your server. You'll have to copy it to your steam kf system folder if you want to play it in solo mode. Also copy the texture's folder as well.

Upvote 0
Alright thanks. I now uploaded it all to the kf sytem folder for my rented server. As I only play online with other people. And thats it? I dont have to configure anything else?
The mutator is active when I click on my server in the master list. But I was just wondering if I need to edit something, to make sure it works 100%?

Oh and another question. When I joined my server, it downloaded the mutator to my pc. Should I disable that? As I thought people will still experience the nice changes when they play on my server, without they also has to download it directly to their own computers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0