• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Modded Specimen Mechanics

Ty.

I have one more noob question: How to make it work under serverperks? As I remember, previous versions (1.5, 1.6) could be just added to server command line. But now, if I select both serverperks and SuperZombie mutators, they mess with each other.

What do you mean by "mess with each other"? Afaik, they work fine together but I could be missing something.

Upvote 0
I think the problem is that SuperZombieMut_ServerPerks is using your other mutator: GameStatsTab

When trying to start the server with following mutators
Code:
?Mutator=MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,SuperZombieMut_ServerPerks.SuperZombieMut,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut
I get this (lines copied from the server output):
Code:
Failed to load 'GameStatsTab': Can't find file for package 'GameStatsTab'
Failed to load 'SuperZombieMut_ServerPerks': Can't find file for package 'GameStatsTab'
Failed to load 'Class SuperZombieMut_ServerPerks.SuperZombieMut': Can't find file for package 'GameStatsTab'

Then I've downloaded GameStatsTab mutator from here (both regular and serverperks version). Launching the server with same mutators as above I get this server output:
Spoiler!

Tried to manually add
Code:
ServerPackages=GameStatsTab
in killingfloor.ini - no results .

I also tried to add GameStatsTab_ServerPerks mutator, but seem like it isn't compatible with ServerPerks v5.5:
Code:
Mutators MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,GameStatsTa
b_ServerPerks.GameStatsTabMut,SuperZombieMut_ServerPerks.SuperZombieMut
Adding 2 additional serverpackages
Failed to load 'ServerPerksV5': Can't find file for package 'ServerPerksV5'
Failed to load 'GameStatsTab_ServerPerks': Can't find file for package 'ServerPe
rksV5'
Failed to load 'Class GameStatsTab_ServerPerks.GameStatsTabMut': Can't find file
 for package 'ServerPerksV5'

Upvote 0
Ok, I think I know what's wrong. My kf directory is cluttered with so many packages that the wrong dependencies were made because there are multiple classes with the same name. For example, SuperZombies is building on the GameStatsTab zombies instead of the KFMod ones because the zombie class names are the same and GameStatsTab comes after KFMod in my package list.

Here's the package with the correct dependencies:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16251678/SuperZombie_v1.8.2sr-fix.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: poosh
Upvote 0
I'm curious about Scrake can only be stunned once. I think it is annoying and ruins perk balance. Even beside this, Crossbow is the best weapon to deal with Scrakes. But now you made it the ONLY weapon to kill those (I know that you can finish SC with M14 after LAR stun or just M14 flinch-lock, but that's a different subject).

Imo it is enough with "Stun is immediately canceled if he is hit with a weak attack" feature. If you missed the next headshot with LAR or Axe, Scrake will rage immediately - fair penalty for a lack of precision. But precise headshots should have re-stun ability imo.

Upvote 0
I'm curious about Scrake can only be stunned once. I think it is annoying and ruins perk balance. Even beside this, Crossbow is the best weapon to deal with Scrakes. But now you made it the ONLY weapon to kill those (I know that you can finish SC with M14 after LAR stun or just M14 flinch-lock, but that's a different subject).

Imo it is enough with "Stun is immediately canceled if he is hit with a weak attack" feature. If you missed the next headshot with LAR or Axe, Scrake will rage immediately - fair penalty for a lack of precision. But precise headshots should have re-stun ability imo.

Second that.
The same concerns the new Fleshpounds. With these implementations you make the berzerker class kinda useless, or am I wrong?

I also thought of improving the KF AI, but it's great to see other people doing cool stuff. Keep it up and maybe rethink some balancing issues so that the game won't be reduced to only few playeable classes by incredibly overpowering the zeds.
Anyway good job! :)

Upvote 0
I cannot seem to get this mutator working. I've download and installed 1.8.2. I can select the mutator in the list, but in-game it's the same old monsters. When I try to add the new monsters to the sandbox, it wont save/find the new monsters, fx, 'ZombieSuperHusk'. So I thought I try downloading the 'Classes folder', from here:

https://github.com/scaryghost/SuperZombieMut/wiki

I tried extracting them to KFChar and the system folder - but no luck.

What am I doing wrong here? I am not using any other mutators while testing it. I'm tried both the listen server and in-game dedicated server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hrm, doesn't look like version 1.8.1 is whitelisted nor greylisted....

Oh well, I updated the package to be compatible with ServerPerks V6.00
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16251678/SuperZombie_v1.8.3sr.zip

I cannot seem to get this mutator working. I've download and installed 1.8.2. I can select the mutator in the list, but in-game it's the same old monsters. When I try to add the new monsters to the sandbox, it wont save/find the new monsters, fx, 'ZombieSuperHusk'. So I thought I try downloading the 'Classes folder', from here:

https://github.com/scaryghost/SuperZombieMut/wiki

I tried extracting them to KFChar and the system folder - but no luck.

What am I doing wrong here? I am not using any other mutators while testing it. I'm tried both the listen server and in-game dedicated server.

If you don't have the ServerPerks mutator running, the mod will not activate. Also, double check the mutator config page to make sure the boxes to replace specimens are checked

Upvote 0
Hrm, doesn't look like version 1.8.1 is whitelisted nor greylisted....

Oh well, I updated the package to be compatible with ServerPerks V6.00
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16251678/SuperZombie_v1.8.3sr.zip

If you don't have the ServerPerks mutator running, the mod will not activate. Also, double check the mutator config page to make sure the boxes to replace specimens are checked

I've now managed to get the the 'Super version' of the Bloat, and Gorefast working 100% by compiling ZombieSuperBloat.uc and ZombieSuperGorefast.uc from your source files :D, however, I get this error with the last of the super speciments:

''Error, Can't find class 'SuperZombieMut.SZPlayerController'.'' :(

Is there a file missing called 'SuperZombieMut.SZPlayerController' from your source files? Or what is going wrong in the compiling? There are the individual files SuperZombieMut and SZPlayerController, though, maybe something do do with them, yes, no? If you could upload it, if it's indeed a missing file, that'd be really nice.

On a slightly different note:

Why not have all the compiled class files for easy download since your mutator needs them? Or am I missing something essential here?

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0