• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mutator: Mirror Friendly Fire

Purposeful double negative or bad grammar? You be the judge. I agree and disagree. I agree that splitting the health between two people will help because rather than TK'ing one, both individuals get the notification. Half of the TKs I see are not because Player A shot Player B in foolishness, it's because Player B foolishly ran infront of Player A's. If you've ever been on an archery/gun range you'll understand.

Always purposeful... =)

I agree with that... Player B's always forget to crouch... and to avoid passing in front...

Upvote 0
Better to leave FF off. Besides, how many of you have been firing only to have another player jump or run in front of you? You would be punished for their ignorance...

This indeed happens all too often. People for some reason think strafing around in front of the team = win. Strafing itself is pretty pointless in this game most of them time - the only ranged weapon to strafe away from is the pat's chaingun.

Upvote 0
Wicked awesome! I love friendly fire, but I'm not so keen on yelling at people and kicking them. This will keep the feedback tight and immediate :)

Previously, I'd been playing with 5% FF, which may sound like a trifling amount, but you'd be surprised at how much damage a pipe bomb or *gasp* a headshot with a crossbow will do.

Upvote 0
I was having trouble getting this mod to work on my dedicated server, so I ended up spending alot of time polishing up my startup batch script. I also find it annoying that I keep changing KillingFloor.ini for each mod (since you can't pass in the server name at the command-line), so I now make a different ini per-mod (such as KillingFloor_mirrorFF.ini in the script below) and just overwrite KillingFloor.ini with the batch script.

Here it is:

@REM This is a DOS-style batch file that should be placed in the root directory of a Killing Floor dedicated server
@set BASEPATH=system\

@echo.
@echo Mirror FF Server starting
@echo.

@echo Copying FF mirror init file to system:
@copy %BASEPATH%KillingFloor_mirrorFF.ini system\KillingFloor.ini

@echo.
@echo Contructing launch command:
@set CMD=%BASEPATH%ucc server
@set CMD=%CMD%kf-bedlam.rom
@set CMD=%CMD%?game=KFmod.KFGameType
@set CMD=%CMD%?Mutator=RevengeOfTheFF.ffmut
@set CMD=%CMD%?VACSecured=true
@set CMD=%CMD%?MaxPlayers=6

@REM the following options are completely optional
@set CMD=%CMD%?AdminName=xxx
@set CMD=%CMD%?AdminPassword=xxx
@set CMD=%CMD%?GamePassword=xxx
@set CMD=%CMD%?FriendlyFireScale=0.10

@echo %CMD%
@echo.

@echo.
@echo Launching...
@echo.
@call %CMD%

Upvote 0
Friendly Fire mutator has been made.

How does this work? At the moment it is not working as I would expect. I would expect that if player A shoots player B then both player A and B will get damaged. But from what i can see player A always gets damaged and player B only sometimes. And is it possible to configure this in some way? I wouldn't want a 1:1 ratio of damage. Since you would be guaranteed to lose 2 players with one accidental head shot and that would more often than not result in a team wipe at higher difficulties.

Upvote 0
Friendly Fire mutator has been made.

How does this work? At the moment it is not working as I would expect. I would expect that if player A shoots player B then both player A and B will get damaged. But from what i can see player A always gets damaged and player B only sometimes. And is it possible to configure this in some way? I wouldn't want a 1:1 ratio of damage. Since you would be guaranteed to lose 2 players with one accidental head shot and that would more often than not result in a team wipe at higher difficulties.

Upvote 0