Mutator: Mirror Friendly Fire

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Flamma

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2009
Purposeful double negative or bad grammar? You be the judge. I agree and disagree. I agree that splitting the health between two people will help because rather than TK'ing one, both individuals get the notification. Half of the TKs I see are not because Player A shot Player B in foolishness, it's because Player B foolishly ran infront of Player A's. If you've ever been on an archery/gun range you'll understand.

Always purposeful... =)

I agree with that... Player B's always forget to crouch... and to avoid passing in front...

TheBlackCheetah

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2009
Purposeful double negative.

No! Never not like my bad pancakes. I cannot never leave my best friend because he will never not think he is worthy enough to hate not my not never ending pancake making never to not ever cannot do never ending not liking jumping pretzels.

goat

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
I too would very much like to see this mutator white-listed. We've tested it and it would be great to use on our FF server.

goat

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
If you are using FF, then it doesn't quite make sense to be using this mutator as it sorta defeats the purpose. Better to leave FF off. Besides, how many of you have been firing only to have another player jump or run in front of you? You would be punished for their ignorance...

SgtStress

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Better to leave FF off. Besides, how many of you have been firing only to have another player jump or run in front of you? You would be punished for their ignorance...

This indeed happens all too often. People for some reason think strafing around in front of the team = win. Strafing itself is pretty pointless in this game most of them time - the only ranged weapon to strafe away from is the pat's chaingun.

Flaccid

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 7, 2009
York
www.F-cof.co.uk
Nice mut. I have been avoiding friendly fire servers so far as by the time I get my FF head on I have usually TK'd enough to be on the verge of getting banned. This will give me a chance to get into that style of game again without ruining the fun for others or making myself look too much of a p**k.

i​e

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 27, 2009
FFRevenge needs a bugfix.

FFRevenge needs a bugfix.

This mutator needs a bug fix asap.

Apparently the reflected friendly fire keeps its original damage type.
Thus, firebugs are immune to their own friendly fire.

Denks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 23, 2009
Boston
Wicked awesome! I love friendly fire, but I'm not so keen on yelling at people and kicking them. This will keep the feedback tight and immediate :)

Previously, I'd been playing with 5% FF, which may sound like a trifling amount, but you'd be surprised at how much damage a pipe bomb or *gasp* a headshot with a crossbow will do.

Denks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 23, 2009
Boston
I was having trouble getting this mod to work on my dedicated server, so I ended up spending alot of time polishing up my startup batch script. I also find it annoying that I keep changing KillingFloor.ini for each mod (since you can't pass in the server name at the command-line), so I now make a different ini per-mod (such as KillingFloor_mirrorFF.ini in the script below) and just overwrite KillingFloor.ini with the batch script.

Here it is:

@REM This is a DOS-style batch file that should be placed in the root directory of a Killing Floor dedicated server
@set BASEPATH=system\

@echo.
@echo Mirror FF Server starting
@echo.

@echo Copying FF mirror init file to system:
@copy %BASEPATH%KillingFloor_mirrorFF.ini system\KillingFloor.ini

@echo.
@echo Contructing launch command:
@set CMD=%BASEPATH%ucc server
@set CMD=%CMD%kf-bedlam.rom
@set CMD=%CMD%?game=KFmod.KFGameType
@set CMD=%CMD%?Mutator=RevengeOfTheFF.ffmut
@set CMD=%CMD%?VACSecured=true
@set CMD=%CMD%?MaxPlayers=6

@REM the following options are completely optional
@set CMD=%CMD%?AdminName=xxx
@set CMD=%CMD%?AdminPassword=xxx
@set CMD=%CMD%?GamePassword=xxx
@set CMD=%CMD%?FriendlyFireScale=0.10

@echo %CMD%
@echo.

@echo.
@echo Launching...
@echo.
@call %CMD%

DraconicBovine

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2010
Friendly Fire mutator has been made.

How does this work? At the moment it is not working as I would expect. I would expect that if player A shoots player B then both player A and B will get damaged. But from what i can see player A always gets damaged and player B only sometimes. And is it possible to configure this in some way? I wouldn't want a 1:1 ratio of damage. Since you would be guaranteed to lose 2 players with one accidental head shot and that would more often than not result in a team wipe at higher difficulties.

DraconicBovine

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2010
Friendly Fire mutator has been made.

How does this work? At the moment it is not working as I would expect. I would expect that if player A shoots player B then both player A and B will get damaged. But from what i can see player A always gets damaged and player B only sometimes. And is it possible to configure this in some way? I wouldn't want a 1:1 ratio of damage. Since you would be guaranteed to lose 2 players with one accidental head shot and that would more often than not result in a team wipe at higher difficulties.

HappyTrueEvil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2013
added this to server, but it has a bug. team damage works as it should BUT the zeds heads dont pop off and it make it damn near impossible to kill them, my demo was just flinig them around??? any fixes planned?