• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] KFL Mod

So I see only a problem with listen servers, if you put this in killingfloor.ini:

[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=KFLv92

then i get this error:

Failed to load 'KFLv92': Can't find file for package 'Eff_textDT'
It seems i have missed a file :(
I uploaded Eff_textDT. I will reupload whole thing again soon.

Download

Upvote 0
Noted one small issue...
the texture for the Thompson has a name issue with redirected downloads.

Included in the full download is Thompson_T.utx
When connecting to the server after updating the KFL files it wanted to download thompson_T.utx with a lowercase T.

Somewhere in the game its calling for the different texture name.

Upvote 0
What TopSgt is saying is that servers now running KFLv92 are not visible in the internet tab of the multiplayer games browser. We believe this to be related to the fact the game type value is changed from "Killing Floor" to "Killing Floor Legion GameType". We are filtered out of the server listings due to this change. If you have it in your favorites it is visible but only there. The game browser has a drop down for selecting other game types but only Killing Floor is an option there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
edit- Yes, since we are launching the game different that is part of the reason.
With version 8 we also launched the game with KFLvXX.KFLGameType but that did not prevent the servers from being seen in the normal game browser. It is due to the fact we see what shows up in the attached screenshot.

How do we change that?

GameTypes.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have played this mod now for a while, a few weeks, and it is very interesting, diversified and fun.

I find it suprising that i play this mod more now than regular KF. I have barely played regular KF at all the last weeks...first time ever this happens and i have thousands of hours.

What this means? KFL is simply great fun! Just all the different enemies are a treat! Like all the variations of some zeds: FP, Patty, etc..

I found it to be hilarious when i suddenly got killed by a form of Patty: Swiftriarch. I saw the Swiftriarch from a good distance, having little idea of his abilities, and suddenly he was in front of me and gunned me down. Yep, he was SWIFT! Moving around with ultrarapid speed he gunned down one by one plus he could fire 4 rockets in a row...instead of only one. But mostly he was funny looking...with his shortened height and even shorter legs. All variations of different zeds have different textures...nice!

Also, this mod can evidenlty run for a very long time. I asked a player how many levels there are and he said there are 100 levels. I have a perk at lv 20 and to get to lv 21, i will need to score 128 Million points. Wow, i could not do that under a whole year. Impossible! It took me 3 weeks of constant play with "many" hours, i have played daily for some hours, to just get to lv 20 with one perk. And there are 8 perks!!!

KFL is harder on "Hard" than KF on "HoE"!!! It

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

Like Maddoxx, a problem with Levels. I have a perk at lv 20 and to get to lv 21, with a score of 128 Million points, it's impossible for the moment.

And a problem in KFLv92.ini with :

- TraderInventory=3:KFLv92.M41ACNadePickup

Impossible to take this weapon !

Thanks for resolve this 2 problems.

Otherwise, it is a really brilliant mod. I still thank you for having to create and to have take so much time for this plugin.

Thanks so

Upvote 0
Misery01,

The player levels issue is due to the way the leveling was coded out.
In the classes they built out cases up to level 20 and left a calculation for anything beyond 20... problem seems to be that the calculation does not seem to work right. So at this stage I see two options either fix the calculation or build out more cases.

In the classes you find the perk definitions: KFLPerk*Perkname*.uc
Which each have an individual case scenario built out for the levels.
Eg.
{
case 0:
FinalInt = 27500;
break;
case 1:
FinalInt = 37262;
break;
}
and so on up to case 20.
Since I have been tweaking this mod I will likely build out more cases beyond 20 myself.
Many thanks to KFL for offering the source.

I had to fix the M41A for the same issue.
Edit the KFLvXX.ini

Make sure you have entries like this:
TraderInventory=3:KFLv92.M41ACPickup
TraderInventory=3:KFLv92.M41ACNadePickup

TraderInventory=6:KFLv92.M41ADPickup
TraderInventory=6:KFLv92.M41ADNadePickup

That has it working for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, can we please get a fast update for this mod so it won't crash on the first kill on server version 1042? There has been a fix posted for modders to recompile the serverperks themselves ([url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=84976[/URL]), but I have no experience in modding yet to fix them within this particular mod.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have fixed the ServerPerks classes that were used in the KFL mod to work with the changes in KF v 1042.

Drop them into the KFLv92\classes folder and recompile. Reusing the same number ( 92 ) should not cause version mismatches unless you publish multiple versions to end users under the same name within a short period of time ...
( i think )

View attachment ServerPerksMut_ClassesForKFLModv92.zip

Note this is specifically for KFL mod... the smiley stuff has been moved or removed so there is a variation from Marco's version.

If you are not able / wanting to take on recompiling send me a pm. I have been working on a new version of KFL mod but its not ready yet so if I post what I got at this point it will maybe not be what you are after.

Last edited:
Upvote 0