• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] KF2 Bots

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
On popular demand I made a bots mutator for KF2. They are yet not too bright and does not support a lot of features of KF2 yet, but they do work for now.
Please don't tell me what I should add, I know what to add, but in all due time.

Download from here. (v 0.1)
Download source code from here. (v 0.1)

Usage:
In solo game:
Bring down console in main menu by pressing Tilde key and type in command: Open KF-BioticsLab?Mutator=KF2Bots.KF2BotsMut
In multiplayer server:
Add to server launch URL: ?Mutator=KF2Bots.KF2BotsMut

Current features:
- They go shopping on trader time.
- They can use correct weapons at correct situations.
- They have a perk assigned on spawn, and by that they try to use the weapons associated to that perk.
- They can use grenades on large groups of zeds.
- Bots use random skins and cosmetics (and their names are set to their skin name).
- They can heal themselves and others with syringe and medic gun weapons.​

Current flaws:
- No perk traits are applied.
- They get stuck on breakable props (if they try to get past them).
- They don't know to walk around welded doors.
- They can get stuck on zombie spawn area blockers (in maps where there are paths leading into zombie spawn areas that are blocked off).
- They don't know how to use many of the weapons yet.
- Occasional ScriptWarnings are printed to the log.
- Their aiming is just currently on aimbot level, they never miss.
- Sometimes they get stuck in narrow hallways.​

Mod compatibility:
As far as I know they work with all mods, with only an exception of:
ServerExt: If they get ragdolled, they get stuck in a broken state and thus turn braindead (I will fix this on ServerExt itself later).​

Last edited:
Very nice! I'm surprised you were able to do this so quick with everything you listed of the game not having in this thread post:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1395415&postcount=8

However, I wouldn't call the following flaw an actual flaw.

They do have some flaws, yes, but the aimbot level of aiming should help with that for now.

Keep up the great work! :) ;)

Upvote 0
On popular demand I made a bots mutator for KF2. They are yet not too bright and does not support a lot of features of KF2 yet, but they do work for now.
Please don't tell me what I should add, I know what to add, but in all due time.

Download from here. (v 0.1)
Download source code from here. (v 0.1)

Usage:
In solo game:
Bring down console in main menu by pressing Tilde key and type in command: Open KF-BioticsLab?Mutator=KF2Bots.KF2BotsMut
In multiplayer server:
Add to server launch URL: ?Mutator=KF2Bots.KF2BotsMut

Current features:
- They go shopping on trader time.
- They can use correct weapons at correct situations.
- They have a perk assigned on spawn, and by that they try to use the weapons associated to that perk.
- They can use grenades on large groups of zeds.
- Bots use random skins and cosmetics (and their names are set to their skin name).
- They can heal themselves and others with syringe and medic gun weapons.​

Current flaws:
- No perk traits are applied.
- They get stuck on breakable props (if they try to get past them).
- They don't know to walk around welded doors.
- They can get stuck on zombie spawn area blockers (in maps where there are paths leading into zombie spawn areas that are blocked off).
- They don't know how to use many of the weapons yet.
- Occasional ScriptWarnings are printed to the log.
- Sometimes they get stuck in narrow hallways.​

Mod compatibility:
As far as I know they work with all mods, with only an exception of:
ServerExt: If they get ragdolled, they get stuck in a broken state and thus turn braindead (I will fix this on ServerExt itself later).​

How do I install it?? PLEASE REPLY :(

Upvote 0
Can you be more specific? I already extracted all files in Killing Floor 2\KFGame\BrewedPC

And I even opened up a console and typed in "Open KF-BioticsLab?Mutator=KF2Bots.KF2BotsMut" It loaded the lab map but there's no bots :/ What am I doing wrong? Please help me, everyone please!!

The .ini goes into the my documents config folder: ....\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config

The two .u files go into your brewed pc folder: ....Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC (I don't have a BrewedPC in my doc, I suppose it could be done there too)

Reactions: turina3
Upvote 0