• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Infernal Nightmare Difficulty

forrestmark9

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2011
Description

A difficulty mod that adds a whole new difficulty level to KF2 called Infernal Nightmare.

Changes from HOE
  • ZEDs spawn much faster
  • ZEDs move faster, have more health, do more damage
  • Alpha ZEDs can catch you on fire
  • Fleshpound now has a rage explosion and King FP moves
  • Fleshpound has an Alpha class that is stronger
  • Alpha zed spawns are increased by 50%
  • All players slowly lose health over time (Read farther than this before you comment)
Install
  1. Subscribe to this item
  2. Restart KF2
  3. Open console with ~
  4. Type Open KF-BioticsLab?Mutator=NightmareDifficulty.NightmareMu tator?Difficulty=4
Config

KFNightmare.ini
Code:
[NightmareDifficulty.NightmareMutator]
TakeHealthInterval=10
HealthDamage=5
HealthLimit=50
ZedModifiers=(HealthMult=1.250000,HeadHealthMult=1.500000,SprintChanceMult=1.500000)
ConfigVer=2

If you wish to disable the health drain system then set HealthLimit to 255 or TakeHealthInterval to 0

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny8pzw7sch96953/InfernalNightmareMut.zip?dl=0

Source Code

https://github.com/ForrestMarkX/KF2-Infernal-Nightmare

Last edited:
Hey ForrestMark9, recently KF2 was updated and now this mutator no longer appears to work. It has been removed from Steam workshop unfortunately - where i was trying to get into contact with the author. Are you the author of this? If so, are you working on fixing this mutator to work with the now updated KF2 game? I would really like to have Infernal Nightmare running for the Endless mode. Let me know if you are that person and/or if you can help. Thanks very much for a great mutator btw - i've enjoyed the challenge and hope to see it working again soon!! Cheers, Dealer

Upvote 0
Arkadeivitch;n2317101 said:
Is the mutator gone ? The workshop page disappeared.
I knew there was some problems with the last beta, I hope it can be fixed, I really liked your mut.

With the kind help of a some awesome people it's running direct from my server now rather than from the workshop. If anyone wants a game of Survival with Infernal Nightmare mutator, simply search for the " Dying 2 Kill - {Infernal Nightmare} " server and have fun. Survival mode is working with the mutator - Endless mode is being looked into.

Upvote 0
Hi Freebase, i was given these same files yesterday (which i fully appreciate) by a friend on steam. I've downloaded these dropbox files from here and been able to test these just then and Infernal Nightmare runs in Survival mode just fine.
The problem is if i switch it to Endless. Endless loads with Infernal Nightmare and the zeds are the proper difficulty, but it plays like Survival - meaning no boss every 5 waves - but instead it finishes after 10 waves and the 11th wave is a boss. Despite all settings of the server being set to Endless Infernal, despite all settings of webadmin being Endless Infernal, despite KF2 loading into a map and it seems that it's loaded Endless - it's just not running as Endless. :( .
I'm not sure if you are the person or one of the people who have created the dropbox files (and if you are i truly thank you for your top efforts working on this yesterday), but would you be likely to test with Endless and play the first 6 waves to confirm whether it works as Endless for you? I would really love to see Endless working properly with Infernal Nightmare for the challenge.
Thanks very much in advance for any help you can provide etc - i fully appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Dealer;n2317333 said:
Hi Freebase, i was given these same files yesterday (which i fully appreciate) by a friend on steam. I've downloaded these dropbox files from here and been able to test these just then and Infernal Nightmare runs in Survival mode just fine.
The problem is if i switch it to Endless. Endless loads with Infernal Nightmare and the zeds are the proper difficulty, but it plays like Survival - meaning no boss every 5 waves - but instead it finishes after 10 waves and the 11th wave is a boss. Despite all settings of the server being set to Endless Infernal, despite all settings of webadmin being Endless Infernal, despite KF2 loading into a map and it seems that it's loaded Endless - it's just not running as Endless. :( .
I'm not sure if you are the person or one of the people who have created the dropbox files (and if you are i truly thank you for your top efforts working on this yesterday), but would you be likely to test with Endless and play the first 6 waves to confirm whether it works as Endless for you? I would really love to see Endless working properly with Infernal Nightmare for the challenge.
Thanks very much in advance for any help you can provide etc - i fully appreciate it.

Yea I actually updated the mutator to work on the latest version of the game and had sent the files to your friend last night. I'll look into making a version of the mod that supports Endless Mode (It currently isn't supported), I don't think Forrest would have any issues with it.

Reactions: Dealer
Upvote 0