• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

KF [MUTATOR/FIX] Proper Grenade Arms

Skell

Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
This is a really cool line of code.

Code:
SleeveTexture = Class<KFSpeciesType>(XP.Species).static.GetSleeveTexture();
This is a mutator that fixes the arm texture of the grenade hand so it uses the current skin's texture instead of the camo arm.

Compiled mutator and source code here can be found here:
LINK

Credits to a1eat0r... everything, I guess.

Last edited:

a1eat0r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2013
Looks like the KFWeapon.BringUp() function, which calls KFWeapon.HandleSleeveSwapping(), doesn't get called for the Frag class at all, so Skins[SleeveNum] isn't properly set for frags. Calling HandleSleeveSwapping() from some other function in the Frag class (e.g. Frag.StartThrow()) would probably fix this.

a1eat0r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2013
Huh, I guess we didn't give a clear description. It's a fix for the left hand always switching to the default skin when throwing grenades:
Spoiler!

RoBoT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2009
Syria
I haven't test it, but did you disable bUnlit on that thing? its weird when your arm is bright in dark areas.

EDIT: nvm I just saw the pic above :D

Last edited:

Skell

Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
I haven't test it, but did you disable bUnlit on that thing? its weird when your arm is bright in dark areas.

EDIT: nvm I just saw the pic above :D
The odd part about that is that this code doesn't change bUnlit, so that must be the property of the bugged-arm's texture...

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Def something TWI can just add to the coding.
Only problem still left is that when having medicnades, in hand is still a frag grenade instead of the medinade (even though the medinade has its own throwing animation).

a1eat0r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2013
Only problem still left is that when having medicnades, in hand is still a frag grenade instead of the medinade (even though the medinade has its own throwing animation).
There is no separate weapon class for medinades, it's the same Frag class with a different projectile, which is why the toss animation is the same. I'm not sure how to replace Frag.Mesh since it's a constant, probably call LinkMesh() in Frag.StartThrow() or just create a Frag subclass for medinades.