• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] end wave Bonus Stage/Boss Time

OP, I have to say that you're quite the....special case. You embed your own video into a post, yet you disabled embedding for your video. ****ing genius right there.
Thanks! BTW, the video is horrible :)

I haven't found anything conflicting, but am suspecting its causing some zeds to mysteriously die during regular waves.
I'll fix this next release, thanks for reporting!

Upvote 0
King Sumo, for a future release, would it be possible to have the number of zeds, to be a float not an integer?

For example, for one boss wave, i have a Fleshpound spawning for every 3 players. Id like to add a scrake also with a 0.something (dependant on the per player modifier) to spawn 1 for each 6 players or something like that. It helps add variety and make things a bit more difficult with more players.

I hope you get what i means anyway.

Upvote 0
This seems to be tailored to the higher-DPS classes (i.e., Demo or Commando) as far as the cash prize goes. A Medic or a Sharpshooter wouldn't be able to put near as much lead down-range as a Commando would, therefore lowering his chances of getting the prize.

My suggestion would be to keep everything as-is, however removing the cash prize and implementing a multiplier for the bounties received for a killing a zed. For example, instead of getting $5 for killing a clot (1x multiplier), you'd get $15 (3x multiplier). This would make it more fair for everybody regardless of class and not having to rely on the winner sharing the cash (pardon the $ symbol).

Otherwise, great work. :cool:

Upvote 0
To anyone who can share, please post your setup for your server. So I can improve my modded server.

My latest setup :D

Code:
Game length: Medium
Boss Time Music: Nightmare by A7X
Bonus Stage Wave/Prize/Music: Dreads for 150seconds/10000/Jump N' Move by The Brand New Heavies

All zeds are HP-modified based on KingSumo settings except Patriarch Jr and Dreads
Wave1: Bloat,Crawlers,Broodmother,Dreads
Wave2: Banshee,Goreallyfast,Patriarch Jr
Wave3: Bloatzilla,Siren, Shiver,Dreads
Wave4: Husk, Incinerator,Patriarch Jr
Wave6: Brute,Metal Clot,Patriarch Jr
Wave7: Mauler,Fleshpound,Jason,Meatpounder

Upvote 0
Sorry to post in an old thread but i have a problem, the squad option in webadmin is not showing. I do not know why. I added the mutator to the serverpackages, i added all the system files to the system folder and the web files to web webadmin. I downloaded the doom mutator and also added all the files to their respective folders, added the mutator to serverpackages but not the start.bat file. I added the mutator and gametype lines to the bat file. I enabled the gamemode in webadmin and restarted the map however, the Squad option never shows. I tried custom game length and long. Dunno what to do : <

Upvote 0
You dont need to change ServerPackages (killingfloor.ini).

WebAdmin is showing up the "Boss Squads" game type? E.g.:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47693068/webadmin-main.png

My start.bat looks like below:
Code:
ucc server KF-westlondon.rom?game=KFBossSquad.BSGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=Admin?AdminPassword=xxxxxxx?Mutator=KFBossSquad.KFBossSquad

Please post the server full log (ucc.log) and the BAT contents.

Upvote 0
New version is available, some configuration options are now available in webadmin (see screenshot here).

Also, added an option to disable the teleport effect during Boss Time (then the Doom3 mutator is not required anymore - it is OPTIONAL). This was requested several times as people don't want to setup a redirect server.
Then by leaving the teleport effect disabled the mutator will not require any other file and it is small enough to run without the needing of a redirect server.

People can even use this mutator as an enhanced sandbox for configuring waves and adding custom monsters at any wave (in any squad/special squad/etc) as BossTime and BonusStage is also optional.

Upvote 0
TWI made all monsters classes "abstract", but it is not possible to spawn a "abstract" actor. Now we need to include the event suffix in the monster classes of all default zeds (i.e. even for normal zeds we need to use the "_STANDARD" suffix).

I'm glad that everything can be fixed by just editing the configuration file. I will attach in the main topic the new configuration file.

If you don't want to loose any personal configuration, open KFBossSquad.ini and then replace:
Code:
MonsterClass=Class'KFChar.ZombieBloat'
with:
Code:
MonsterClass=Class'KFChar.ZombieBloat_STANDARD'
(the same for the other default zeds)

HINT
I is possible to mix Halloween/XMas zeds together with STANDARD ones without any additional mutator.

To add halloween zeds, just create a new alias and add the suffix "_HALLOWEEN" to the monster class. For XMas zeds the prefix is "_XMas". See the below screenshot of the configuration tab:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47693068/webadmin-mix-monsters-1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47693068/webadmin-mix-monsters-2.png
(see above I have created the "hclot" alias for halloween clot, and "xclot" for xmas clot)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI made all monsters classes "abstract", but it is not possible to spawn a "abstract" actor.

HINT
I is possible to mix Halloween/XMas zeds together with STANDARD ones without any additional mutator.
Yeah, but because of this completely random abstract, they broke all the old mission maps. Popular maps like RE1-Mansion can no longer be played on, since they also change more then just the zed suffix.

Yes, the Halloween and Xmas zeds have been like that for a long time, you can also use Mix like KFChar.ZombieBloatMix, thou Husk is the only zed not to have a Mix.
Not sure why TWI had to remove _Circus last year after the Steamland event :/

Upvote 0
How to activate MaxZombiesOnce 64 because it is now 32

Added back again, thanks for noticing! :)

Now the MaxZombiesOnce value is dynamic (is set according to the number of alive players).

You can configure a minimum value which is used when there is only one player alive/active and an increment value (each alive player increases the MaxZombiesOnce by that value). Also there is a maximum value.

To enable this feature please check the "Enable Dynamic MaxZombiesOnce" flag and then configure the minimum/maximum/increment values.
If you want a fixed MaxZombiesOnce value, then just set minimum=maximum and increment=0.

For instance:
minimum=20
maximum=60
increase=10
- If there is one alive player MaxZombiesOnce will be 20 (minimum);
- If there are two alive players MaxZombiesOnce will be 30;
- If there are three alive players MaxZombiesOnce will be 40;
- If there are ten players MaxZombiesOnce will be 60 (maximum).

Upvote 0
Thank you Sumo for this great mutator. Few questions i have, if anyone could answer them.

First of all. Is there any proper guide to this mutator?

Whatever happened to good ol' Readme file where all essential info was given? Most mutators etc. come with no instructions nowadays and then you spend time searching for info from the forums and crawl through whole threads to get info you are looking for and then you find out that it was for the previous version and don't work no more :D

How does the Special squad work? Sometimes its spawned right at the beginning of the wave and sometimes not at all. And sometimes it spawns multiple times. Is there any logic to that or is it just random? Sometimes i get weird 1-2sec freeze when Special squad is spawned, is it just me or does it do that others also?

And what about that non working New Boss option in Boss menu? Should it come after first boss is defeated or what? If i put there zombieboss and add few zeds and press New or Update button all entered data disappears.

Can the standard or hard patty be spawned so that it doesn't cause end wave or freeze zeds when killed?

Upvote 0