• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] Dosh Grab

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
DOSH!
Grab it while it's hot!

Basically that's it ^
Killing ZEDs makes them dropping money instead of adding it directly to player's wallet. And players must grab it while it's hot, i.e. while it isn't disappeared.

Download links:
Vanilla Version. Dosh multipliers are hard-coded to default KF values. Whitelisted.
SE Version. Same as vanilla version + allows to modify dosh multipliers.

The best part is that this mutator is compatible with almost everything: vanilla game, ServerPerks, ScrnBalance, Team Survival Competition, custom specimens and even Doom3 monsters!

There are two modes (configurable by bDropTeamDosh in DoshGram.ini):
  1. Leave team money (bDropTeamDosh=False). ZEDs drop only player's bounty. Team's budget (money that players get at the end of the wave) works as in original game.
  2. Drop team money (bDropTeamDosh=True, default). ZEDs drop all bounty, nothing goes to team's budget. Players don't get anything at the end of the wave. If you didn't picked dosh, then you won't get any.

Another configurable feature is ZED's ability to grab dosh (enabled by default). Dosh makes zeds stronger (i.e. gives them health). Zeds do not eat dosh. They just collect it. Killing zed makes it dropping all the dosh it grabbed. But killing the Clot who grabbed

Last edited:
Reactions: NikC-

TheMutant

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2012
Germany
This sounds like a blast!
It reminds me of the dosh game (players dropping cash at front [mostly only 1

mmnicolas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 7, 2013
Sounds like a good reason to bump the endgame bonus for a special weekend event :)

Related anecdote:
Spoiler!

Skell

Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
I think it'd be the opposite; if you had a whole swarm of zeds behind you and you killed a few, you wouldn't be able to pick up the money.
If you look at the video, you can see the zeds are throwing the money forward like a player does when tossing cash. Holding is probably more affected.

Benjamin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
France
If you look at the video, you can see the zeds are throwing the money forward like a player does when tossing cash. Holding is probably more affected.
Ah that's true; I hadn't watched the video. Would be better if upon death the specimen throws cash in the direction of the nearest zed. :D

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Zeds are throwing dosh at the direction they are looking (Rotation). Usually they are looking at players.

shaitan

Jun 27, 2013
It is interesting, and different. Only thing I noticed odd was it doesn't "show" the dropped dosh in my server.

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
It is interesting, and different. Only thing I noticed odd was it doesn't "show" the dropped dosh in my server.
What do you mean with "it doesn't show"? Is it invisible or zeds do not drop dosh at all?

*** EDIT:
Got it. I forgot to add it to server packages. I'll update it when I get home.

Last edited:

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Mutator Updated.

Fixed adding to server packages.

Added DropKind config variable, which allows different ways for dosh to be dropped:
  • Toss (DropKind=0). Zeds are tossing money in front of them, like the players do (default).
  • Spawn (DropKind=1) dosh is spawned on the top of the zed. Like it is shown in the video below.
  • Dosh fart. Do zeds poop after they die? They will, if you set DropKind=2 :cool:

KF: Dosh Grab Mutator, vol2 - YouTube

Last edited:

shaitan

Jun 27, 2013
Yeah it was invisible, you could hear it drop though. I'll try out your update shortly...so I can see them poop. xD

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Updated to v1.0:
Added MaxHealthMult config variable.

Released in 2 versions:
  1. Vanilla, which will be submitted to whitelist, doesn't allow to modify amount of dosh dropped.
  2. SE - allows modifying dosh amount.

mmnicolas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 7, 2013
The best part is that this mutator is compatible with almost everything: vanilla game, ServerPerks, ScrnBalance, Team Survival Competition, custom specimens and even Doom3 monsters!
I've put this on every voting options on my vehicle mod server, works awesomely, you can't just run over the zeds now, gotta get out of your car and pick up the dosh.

Also, Arachonophobia Doshgrab, don't know why didn't I try this before, makes it even more messy :)

Last edited:

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
I've put this on every voting options on my vehicle mod server, works awesomely, you can't just run over the zeds now, gotta get out of your car and pick up the dosh.

Also, Arachonophobia Doshgrab, don't know why didn't I try this before, makes it even more messy :)
That sounds pretty cool by forcing you the challenge of killing only or getting out and trying to get the cash too.

TheArcade

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 19, 2011
Played around with it and it adds a whole level of challenge. A stupid idea came into my head, what if there was an option of instead of dropping dosh they would drop grenades! haha.