• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mutator Development Environment

Trying to get nFringe setup with Visual Studio to compile. I think I have that all setup ok, but I need to add something to one of the ro ini files I believe.

What needs to be added to which ini file :confused:

<documents>\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROEditor.ini

Then search for the [ModPackages] section and add something like: ModPackages=MyMutator

Then in <documents>\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Src you add a folder with the name MyMutator and in that one a folder with the name Classes. Last thing you do is add a file there with the name MyMutator.uc. That file should start with:
Code:
class MyMutator extends Mutator;

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My code classes in VS2008/nFringe have syntax highlighting, but I have no class definitions or intellisense which makes using it hard.......it's almost like coding from about 15 years ago!

Amazing how much we now rely on intellisense :eek:

Have been googling to try and find a solution but nothing ive tried works yet.

Is anyone else having the same problem or know how to fix it? Might have to look at using different tools if there are any other good ones out there...

Upvote 0
My code classes in VS2008/nFringe have syntax highlighting, but I have no class definitions or intellisense which makes using it hard.......it's almost like coding from about 15 years ago!

Amazing how much we now rely on intellisense :eek:

Have been googling to try and find a solution but nothing ive tried works yet.

Is anyone else having the same problem or know how to fix it? Might have to look at using different tools if there are any other good ones out there...

I'm using Eclipse with a free plugin. I first did try the UDKEclipse pluging, but that one is too bugy. Eclipse will crash a lot if you use that one. Now I use funkyroach which works much better. Downside is that it doesn't support definition lookups, because i't doesn't understand the RO2 SDK layout.

Upvote 0
The 1.1.34.193 version doesn't implicitly say that it won't support non UDK standard projects.

I know this isn't entirely useful to RO2...

https://uside.codeplex.com/

Had this reply from nFringe devs:

nFringe no longer includes special support for game-specific (non-standard) project layouts, including the one used by UT3 for mods.

The differences simply became impossible to maintain.

:(

Upvote 0
I actually use that IDE on RS Swag. Just had to setup some symlinks to make it think I was using UDK. Works quite well.

And we were using nFringe on RS Lord Gleedo. It works fine. We weren't using interactive debugging though. As an editor with partially working intellisense it was fine. It did trip up on a few RO2 source files, so intellisense wasn't 100%.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually use that IDE on RS Swag. Just had to setup some symlinks to make it think I was using UDK. Works quite well.

And we were using nFringe on RS Lord Gleedo. It works fine. We weren't using interactive debugging though. As an editor with partially working intellisense it was fine. It did trip up on a few RO2 source files, so intellisense wasn't 100%.

Yes, I do get partial intellisense but it seems to have a mind of it's own (for me at least)...

Upvote 0
What about UnCodex

UnCodeX is a combination of a couple of old tools for UnrealScript development: UClasses and UnDox, but it has much more features.
UnCodeX can create a class and package tree from the UnrealScript sources, analyse the content of each class for later use.
UnCodeX also gives you the ability to create a high detailed HTML API reference from your code. It includes all definitions made in classes, syntax highlighted source code, links to the type declarations, automatic JavaDoc-like documentation from your source code and much more.

Anyone tried it yet?

Upvote 0