• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Custom Character Enabler

Ok but It's a skin for the default berserker. How would I get the files to make it it's own character with the skin i had made?
To of made the character you need to make the (custom!) texture file to replace the character textures. You would need to implement a .u package to say what the character properties are which will be textures, model, voice etc. There should be a link in the original post explaining how to make the .u character file. The original link also tells you how to install aswel.

Upvote 0
So using this will cause the server to disable perk progression? Are there any mutators that will allow for the use of it on a specific server and remain whitelisted? I really want my server to have custom skins for players and have their perk progression saved. Are there any mods like that or not?
You can not have custom characters + whitelisting together.

Upvote 0
Oh well. Thanks. So what about whitelisted skins that are floating around. Such as the anarchist, and urban vader? They are said to be whitelisted. How would I be able to enable these to be playable on my server?

You can not have custom characters + whitelisting together.

So what about those custom characters that are said to be whitelisted? Such as the Anarchist, and Urban Vader on the workshop right now? Is there any way to use those?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Oh well. Thanks. So what about whitelisted skins that are floating around. Such as the anarchist, and urban vader? They are said to be whitelisted. How would I be able to enable these to be playable on my server?
You typed the same thing twice in the same post.

Their is a difference in Clientside mods and Mutators. Clientside means you the client. Their is only 1 whitelisted Custom character which is the Stig but he is really only used for Solo use since he does mess up the character after you disable the mutator.

Upvote 0
I know this thread is kind of dead, but I really need support here. I've had a bunch of my friends try this mod, none of which had any success. The mutator shows up just fine, they activate it, it even shows up in the log. The problem is absolutely nothing happens. :confused:

It works fine for me, but that's it. If someone could give any insight as to why that's happening, that would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0
I know this thread is kind of dead, but I really need support here. I've had a bunch of my friends try this mod, none of which had any success. The mutator shows up just fine, they activate it, it even shows up in the log. The problem is absolutely nothing happens. :confused:

It works fine for me, but that's it. If someone could give any insight as to why that's happening, that would be much appreciated.

I believe we went through this together. I can't find a solution on why it loads, yet nothing is changed in their game. Make sure no other mutators are running and try to maybe do it on a completely new reinstall. Just incase there is some confliction.

It's not dead, just not developed anymore.

Upvote 0
It's been a few people now, most of whom had used no other mods. If it wasn't for the fact that it somehow works for me, I'd have already given up.

And yes, we have. :( Just hoping someone sees this and knows a solution.

The weird part is that every person that I have worked on this with has had it working. Your friends are the only ones I can not get working at all. You have nothing showing in the logs to give answers. Absolutely nothing makes sense.

Upvote 0
I tried to install these characters through your mod
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76860
without results.
I'm not using serverperks and these are .u characters (don't know if it make the difference).
I dont need to make them work online, so I just added file name to "CharacterName=".
Ex:
Character "FourEyes" has two files: FourEyesDTSkin.u that is located in system and FourEyesDT_A.ukx which is located in the animation folder.
I tried to add the line CharacterName=FourEyesDTSkin into your ini file.
Nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong or simply it won't going to work?

Upvote 0