• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Custom Character Enabler

FluX

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiserver.co.uk
Name: CCMutator (Custom Character Mutator)
Release Date: 1st December 2011
Current Version: Version 1
Whitelist: Wont be submitted but may submit for greylist.
Credits:
• FluX - The mutator and alterations.
• Tripwire/EPIC - For their code which is how I figured out how to alter the character list.

CCMutator (Standard) - >> Download link <<
CCMutatorRPG (Compatible with IDRPGMod) - >> Download link <<

As a lot of you know I have worked on a way on getting custom characters to work. I must admit I have not fully worked on it 100% in the time I have announced of me doing it as i've had other projects i've been working on for my own personal needs for example a map (KF-Containment) which is also almost finished with a new version. The mutator is fully functional online AND offline. This mutator will help keep the players to use private characters for maybe admins or to release a download on your site for the players who play a lot. A win, win situation :)

P.S. This mutator DOES unlock all characters that come in DLC and achievements whilst the server has this mutator on. Once you leave the server they all are LOCKED again. I will NOT apply for whitelisting this mutator as this will pretty much be a slap in the face for TWI's hard work on the characters.

Standard version:
-- For solo Use --
• Copy and paste the files into your Killing Floor directory/System/ folder.
• Run the game and go to solo.
• Mutators - Add Custom Character Enabler. Have fun!

-- For dedicated servers --
• Copy and paste the files into the Killing Floor server directory/System/ folder.
• Open your server.ini file and add ServerPackages=CCMutator of your other ServerPackages (under [Engine.GameEngine]).
• Add ?Mutators=CCMutator.CCMutator to the command line.
• Configure the CCMutator.ini to include the files of the characters and characters added to the listings.
• Start server up. Have fun!

-- How to configure the mutator (add characters + resources) --
It's extremely easy with how I set it up. Basically the names of your characters (from the <CharacterName>Mod.u file) must be added to the CharacterName= list. Now add the resource files that the character uses to the 'AddPackageMap=' so that they will automatically be downloaded by the players.

Example:
CharacterName=Trader
AddPackageMap=TraderPlayer

RPG Version:
Read the readme provided with this version.

-- How to make custom characters work online --
Marco's tutorial explains the file making on the characters. Do the server install for them to work. The player to have the characters work online will need all resource files loaded locally on their own machine (the textures, animations and the .ucl file).

-- Update Plans: --
• Add a profile button so you can change character mid-game.
• Compability issues with Marco's ServerPerks due to high request of the mutator on servers.
• Compability issues with the RPG mod.
• Adding ability to change character mid-game during Trader time.

-- Change Log: --

CCMutatorRPG creation:
• This version is compatible with the IDRPGMod.
• I have created a "Profile" button on the communication page so that after you die, you can have a different character.

Version v2:
Still to come.

Last edited:
Well done mate, glad to see you saw it through in the end. Now you get to know the joys of mutator support. XD
Yeah I will need some help on getting this mutator to automatically choose a specific menu to use if a specific mutator is enabled. If you know how please message here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72200

I'd be much greatful to whoever knows. This is so I can make the mutator compatible with other mods/mutators out there. This has to be done if I want to add the 'Profile' button to make it changable mid-game.

Mutator support is alright as I started it with my scoreboard mutator ;)

I do apologise for the amount of time it took as I wanted to make sure it was ok with the beta testing on my custom server I have and I also was sorting out with life problems so I was pretty much making you lot wait lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ditto mate, looking forward to a final version.

I have no idea how to help you with the menu stuff but if I do find anything useful, I will let you know asap.
Thanks for the support. I have a rough idea on how to make a check but I think I may need to have the other mutators installed for my check to work...which will be a pain for server admins. Cheers anyway :)

Upvote 0
does not work in the mod-RPG, Somehow it works? pls

I do not understand the part of 'AddPackageMap=', could you tell me with this skin:

<a href="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=50946" target="_blank">http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=50946

ty!

PD thank you very much for this mod very useful!
Hi mate. The mutator has not been currently working for that mod which is something I will be looking into for version 2 - compatibility issues.

the 'AddPackageMap=' is needed as this will make the players download everything in this section. It's pretty much the same as ServerPackages inside your server.ini BUT this is to make it a lot easier for characters you want to add. Basically add all the animations, textures and system files into there that belong to the characters you use. This makes them work online. If yous till don't understand I can show you an example if you want.

To get the trader to work you will need to make a seperate character file. If you wait a little longer I will compile one up for this with a few others maybe.

Hope this helpped :)

P.S. Who actually downvoted the thread? lol. Im not fussed but I like to know who atleast and maybe a reason as it might be able to help improve the mutator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah but some people forget like I have in the past and this is a backup I guess. I also had problems with that auto loading previously too so I made this system just incase.

where I add the lines
AddPackageName=ExampleCharMod
AddPackageName=ExampleChar_T
AddPackageName=ExampleChar_A
in the file CCMutator.ini?

Ex:
CCMutator.ini:
CharacterName=ExampleChar
AddPackageName=ExampleCharMod
AddPackageName=ExampleChar_T
AddPackageName=ExampleChar_A

I bought some skins and I added by ID:

ServerPackages=ExampleCharModMod
ServerPackages=ExampleCharModMut

[ExampleCharModMut.ExampleCharModMut]
PlayerIDs=765611980457579XX

and I want instead of using ID, use the CC :D

Tell us the files for your character and i'll show you how to add it.

Upvote 0
AddPackageName=KFStig

For this one, because I made the mod properly and used the #exec command for the media files, this is the only line you should need to get it loaded

@Flux

Well, I would encourage people to do it the correct way rather than have a work around which I believe is still vulnerable to errors.
Yes, you way does add lines to the packages but it doesn't load the files into memory, which is a big difference. You can try it with a weapon file and see no matter what packages you add the texture file into, the gun will still not show the texture because it isn't loaded when the weapon file is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0