• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mutator Configuration User Interface

More of a programming request/feature. Would it be possible to say add more to UI configuration for mutators than say just check boxes for booleans and sliders for integers and floats? Would it be possible to add more say like arrays and the like? I think it might be hardwired, because I cannot seem to find any references outside of the UI section ROMutator.uc.

Last edited:
Sure I'll give you a practical example:
The mutator uses arrays of strings of map names, to decide and alter some specific object in the level. Would it be possible to create UI that displays that list of arrays, and can say be removed or added from in the configuration menu?
I know its not on a top list of priorities, but expanding on the admin/user configuration interface for mutators would help a lot, and this is just for arrays. I'm sure some server admins (looking At you, BloodMalice, CatintheHat, ...)come around and maybe add some input ideas to adding to the UI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It will be a lot easier for mutators to add their own screens to the web-admin. The only thing needed is to add a data-provider entry to the mutator ini file and to create a page handler class (it must implement a dedicated interface).

Here is an example of such a data-provider:

[MyMutator ROUIDataProvider_MenuEntry]
URI=/mutators/mymutator
ClassName=MyMutator.MyMutator.SettingsClass
Title=MyMutatorTitle
Description=Manages the my-mutator configuration

The above example will add a menu entry just below the Mutators entry with the title MyMutatorTitle.
  • Mutators
    • MyMutatorTitle
  • Server Actors
This means that you can directly access a mutator page from out of the menu and you do not need to go to the Mutators page and to select it there in the drop-down box.

This approach also opens the door for replacing a stock RS2 page by a mutator page. In other words you can remake for instance the Current - Players page with a mutator and let it be accessed directly from the stock menu entry.
Here an example on how to set-up the data-provider for such a replacement page:

[MyCurrentPlayers ROUIDataProvider_MenuEntry]
URI=/current/players
ClassName=MyMutator.MyCurrentPlayers

The MyCurrentPlayers class within your MyMutator will from that moment on be serving the ServerAdmin/current/players URI.

For the handler class itself you can use all the tools available for the stock screens. Thus you can even write HTML page with <%label%> replacement/substitution tags in it.

Regarding the template mentioned by dibbler, the intention is to add that one to the RS2 SDK as a normal class (because if in the stock base, then it's not needed as a template).

Upvote 0