• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] CommsGuard (rev.1)

-=THOR=-

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011
Release of Comms Guard white-listed

CommsGuard is a small tool for server admins, that allows to mute the text chat for players that go off limits. From the player perspective, nothing changes and he gets no warning of any kind. In future versions, advanced features like regex-based filtering and text replacement will be available.

To install, just put the mutator in your cookedpcserver folder, and make sure you to add ?mutator=CommsGuard.CommsGuard in your map URL.

## Console Commands ##
When in-game, first authentify as an administrator, with one of these commands, through the in-game console:
AdminLogin <Login> <Password>
AdminLoginSilent <Login> <Password>

Once authentified, or from the web admin management console, you can use these commands:

mutate CG_Help
This command displays a help message.

mutate CG_ShowConfig
This commands displays the configuration of the mutator.

mutate CG_AddPlayer id="<ID>"
mutate CG_EditPlayer id="<ID>" [name="<NAME>"] [dtp="<DTP>"] [dtt="<DTT>"] [dts="<DTS>"] [comment="<COMMENT>"]
mutate CG_RemovePlayer id="<ID>"
In the above commands,
<NAME> is the name of the player.
<ID> is the hexadicemal identifier of the player.
<DTP> is a boolean for 'Deny Text Public'.
<DTT> is a boolean for 'Deny Text Team'.
<DTS> is a boolean for 'Deny Text Squad'.
<COMMENT> is a comment.

Concerning the syntax, please note that:
*mutate is mandatory
*CG_CommandName is a command name! And is always followed by a space.
*Parameter values are between double quotes, ONE BEFORE, ONE AFTER.
*Make sure there is always one space between each parameter.

Here's a few examples of commands:
Code:
mutate CG_Help
mutate CG_ShowConfig
mutate CG_AddPlayer id="0x0123456789ABCDEF"
mutate CG_EditPlayer id="0x0123456789ABCDEF" name="KillerMaster" dtp="true" dtt="true" dts="true"
mutate CG_EditPlayer id="0x0123456789ABCDEF" dtt="false" dts="false" comment="Muted for insulting players."
mutate CG_RemovePlayer id="0x0123456789ABCDEF"

Enjoy!

Attachments

• CommsGuard_Binaries_v1.1.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 0
  • CommsGuard_SourceCode_v1.1.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I removed the download link since v1.1 is under review by TWI for white-listing.

Changelog:
-Fixed a bug preventing server ads from being displayed.
-Removed parameters from the AddPlayer mutate command.
-Added support for a PlayerName variable.

I'll update the OP when it's white-listed.

Upvote 0
Unreal 3 engine noob here.

I installed three other mutators on my server with no issues that I can find. This one however has different files that I am not familiar with. The *.uc files in the classes folder go where? Or are they not used at all and are only there for people to tinker with? I attempted to dump all of them into the CookedPCServer folder and my server went unranked. I left just the *.u file and the server seems fine now. Please let me know.

Upvote 0
Or are they not used at all and are only there for people to tinker with?
Exactly, the UC files are there for reference only, they are the source code of the mutator.

I left just the *.u file and the server seems fine now.
That's what you had to do, ignore the source code files.

To avoid any future confusion, I just split the archive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this mutator still compatible with the current build of RO2? It doesn't show in the list of mutators under the WebAdmin.

Also, is it possible to have the settings and player selection under the mutator section in the WebAdmin for simple in-game browser clicking to mute someone?

Thanks.

Yes having it in the web admin would be great. I find most of my admins use the web admin and not in the game console. It is so quick and easy to TAB in and out of the game these days, I see no reason to use the console.

Upvote 0
Is this mutator still compatible with the current build of RO2? It doesn't show in the list of mutators under the WebAdmin.

Also, is it possible to have the settings and player selection under the mutator section in the WebAdmin for simple in-game browser clicking to mute someone?

Thanks.

Yes having it in the web admin would be great.

The mutator is compatible, but just doesn't have webadmin support. I'll work on it when I find some time, but tbh im pretty busy atm with the CGT mod, so it could take a few weeks/months, unless someone volunteers :)

Upvote 0