• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Brutus ServerAds ServerActor

Added it to Steam Workshop, subscribe to save yourself some trouble

The ini file will be generated automatically..though the default message interval is set to 3 minutes..will change that but you can change it yourself in the ini.

Freebase
Thx for your changes and cleanup. I was just about to lower the default msg interval a bit (from 180 to 60 sec) in UpdateConfigs().

But I am curious.. what sorcery is this? I do not understand where the generated default ini gets the following ServerAdsList entries from:
Code:
ServerAdsList=Welcome to {SERVERNAME}
ServerAdsList=Time now is: {HR}:{MIN} {AMPM}
ServerAdsList={MAPNAME} Players: {PLAYERCOUNT}/{SERVERSLOTS}
Am I missing something? Thought ServerAdsList would be an empty array at that time. Are those some kind of cached variables that got rewritten into config? I don't like blackboxes ^^

Edit: Or is the existing ini merged into those vars when compiling and then overwritten by the UpdateConfigs()?

Edit2: Yeah, was just leftovers. No sorcery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Added releases to GitHub for manual installations without having to compile.

Latest version in Workshop is 1.1.0:
  • using system messages instead of chat messages which are also visible in webinterface
  • some minor code changes in preparation for whitelisting request
Previous version is 1.0.0:
  • use that if you prefer the previous chat messages (looked like you were talking to yourself)
If you have conflicts with other mods or problems let me know here or open an issue.

Reactions: duk6046
Upvote 0