• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Brutus ServerAds ServerActor

Thank you for this, it works great on 2 servers. I am posting to +1 this to be white listed. Thank you again.

EDIT: I would suggest if possible, increasing the duration of the message displayed by an additional 2 seconds. Also if there is a way to color the messages from blue to maybe yellow. I think this could be done by me just by inserting a color code but I haven't found a way to do it yet. Other than that it works great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys why my server become unranked? :O How to fix this problem? ^^

As of update 1007 having a Server Actor such as this one will derank your server. In KF1 they had a whitelist that mutators/maps had to be accepted into in order for the server to remain ranked. In other words, we'll have to wait for the whitelist to be implemented for KF2.

Upvote 0
If anyone still got problems with the time format, I changed the code a while ago when trying to learn unrealscript, and this fixed it for me:

Spoiler!

PS: Sry, I don't remember the exact changes..would have to compare with the old source which I already deleted as I didn't expect to keep working on it. Don't even know if the comments are mine. ^^

Upvote 0
Necessary double post: I contacted FZFalzar who was so nice to give me permission for uploading the code to a GitHub repo.

You can find it here: https://github.com/wookiefriseur/KF2-BRTSServerAds

For now I was only planning on combining the time token and date token parts (for instance {HH:MM:SS} instead of {HR}:{MIN}:{SEC}) and adding some more tokens for wave infos or play time and so on.

Future features I could imagine (while keeping it simple: mutator just for server messages and infos):
  • Find a workaround for the derank if possible
  • Get it to the Steam Workshop
  • Add screen center messages
  • Add text colours
  • Add localisation support
  • Post "trader time left" in chat so that someone in lobby can see if to join quickly or wait (to be toggled on/off)
  • Add chat commands (for wave infos, jokes and so on)
  • Add random order messages (right now there is only a linear message cycle)
You can use pull requests to update the code or keep developing your own fork. If anyone is interested in developing directly just ask and I will add you to the list of collaborators.

Let me know if you have any feature requests or found any bugs. I don't know much about unrealscript so I can't promise anything but if it is a good suggestion I will try to implement it and fix bugs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0