• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Brutus ServerAds ServerActor

Just to summarize the process until the readme.txt is updated. Your drive letter and server folder may be different depending on where you installed your server files.

1. Download the .zip and extract.
  2. Paste BRTSServerAds.u in: c:\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\
  3. Paste KFBRTSServerAds.ini in: c:\killingfloor2\KFGame\Config\
  4. In c:\killingfoor2\KFGame\Config\PCServer-KFEngine.ini find:

Code:
    [Engine.GameEngine]
    MaxDeltaTime=0
    ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer

Add:
    Code:
    ServerActors=BRTSServerAds.BRTSServerAds

5. To change the messages edit BRTSServerAds.BRTSServerAds.ini. Some examples are already contained in the .ini.
    You can adjust how quickly your messages cycle by editing the number after MsgInterval= to however many seconds you want.

Code:
    [BRTSServerAds.BRTSServerAds]
    ServerAdsList=Welcome to {SERVERNAME}
    ServerAdsList=I want a message here
    MsgInterval=180.0
    bUse24HrFormat=False

Upvote 0
Glad to see it's working for you guys. If you have any suggestions or features you want to see, please go ahead and post them here too and I'll see what I can do :)

Working awesome for me. I do have a feature I would like to see that maybe could be a part of this Actor but might be it's own thing. I'm not a modder so I don't know if this is even possible. It would be nice to have the chat respond to players input given a set of prompts. Just best to explain this with an example:

I'll have a message that says: For current time type !time

If a player typed the command this would trigger an auto response of: Time is {HR}:{MIN} {AMPM} or whatever the user has set up to respond with. We could edit the list of what words trigger a response and what that response is. Not sure if I'm making this clear but hopefully you get the idea.

Upvote 0
I'm getting annoyed by my own server messages about boss and noob tips repeating over and over.

Agreed. I would like maybe 3-4 messages display every 5 min or so as to not be annoying. One of them being a list of basic auto response commands. Then, those in the know can hit these auto response commands and extra ones that aren't necessarily announced for quick chat messages.

Upvote 0
There is some sort of bug going on with the time query. In KFBRTSServerAds.ini I have:
Code:
[BRTSServerAds.BRTSServerAds]
ServerAdsList=Welcome to Slackers =GORE= House! It's {HR}:{MIN} {AMPM} EST

Sometimes it is giving odd responses for the {MIN}. I have seen 1 and 3 digit times. Here's some screenshots that will maybe help identify the problem.
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
On the ServerAds for the original Killing Floor, it was possible to make the message display on the center of the screen when using a # at the start.

Would it be possible to incorporate that into Brutus ServerAds?

Example:
ServerAdsList=#DID YOU HEAR THAT?!

It was also possible to color the message using RGB values like 255,0,0

The current version runs fine on my server by the way. Thank you!

Upvote 0