• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] Brutus ServerAds ServerActor

Patros

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
Added it to Steam Workshop, subscribe to save yourself some trouble

The ini file will be generated automatically..though the default message interval is set to 3 minutes..will change that but you can change it yourself in the ini.

Freebase
Thx for your changes and cleanup. I was just about to lower the default msg interval a bit (from 180 to 60 sec) in UpdateConfigs().

But I am curious.. what sorcery is this? I do not understand where the generated default ini gets the following ServerAdsList entries from:
Code:
ServerAdsList=Welcome to {SERVERNAME}
ServerAdsList=Time now is: {HR}:{MIN} {AMPM}
ServerAdsList={MAPNAME} Players: {PLAYERCOUNT}/{SERVERSLOTS}
Am I missing something? Thought ServerAdsList would be an empty array at that time. Are those some kind of cached variables that got rewritten into config? I don't like blackboxes ^^

Edit: Or is the existing ini merged into those vars when compiling and then overwritten by the UpdateConfigs()?

Edit2: Yeah, was just leftovers. No sorcery.

Last edited:

Patros

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
Added releases to GitHub for manual installations without having to compile.

Latest version in Workshop is 1.1.0:
  • using system messages instead of chat messages which are also visible in webinterface
  • some minor code changes in preparation for whitelisting request
Previous version is 1.0.0:
  • use that if you prefer the previous chat messages (looked like you were talking to yourself)
If you have conflicts with other mods or problems let me know here or open an issue.

Reactions: duk6046

duk6046

Jul 15, 2009
After update, messages are output by count of players and visible in webconsole. no issue with previous version
(In serverext custom server)
*** [player1] Time now is: PM 01:31
*** [player2] Time now is: PM 01:31
*** [player3] Time now is: PM 01:31
*** [player4] Time now is: PM 01:31

Last edited:

Patros

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
OK, thx for the report. I don't have any friends :eek: so I could only test it alone.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will try to find a way to filter webconsole output and push an update.

Edit: It is only the webconsole, right? Players are not getting multiple messages, are they?

Last edited:

rodrigoxm49

Mar 21, 2015
Is it possible to change de color to yellow? Blue is not bad, but maps like outpast are terrible to read.

And thank you! It's a very good tool!

Last edited: