• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] Brutus ServerAds ServerActor

VyTDarkcektor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for this, it works great on 2 servers. I am posting to +1 this to be white listed. Thank you again.

EDIT: I would suggest if possible, increasing the duration of the message displayed by an additional 2 seconds. Also if there is a way to color the messages from blue to maybe yellow. I think this could be done by me just by inserting a color code but I haven't found a way to do it yet. Other than that it works great.

Last edited:

FZFalzar

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 11, 2011
UCC.exe
Will look into it. Color codes don't work anymore because all messages are sent now via custom message classes within KF and in this build I didn't want to involve tampering with KF classes yet (its pure UDK now :D)

mach10

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 9, 2009
Yes, need whitelist, as of right now this will not allow the server to be ranked.

Koame

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 18, 2012
UK
Cheers for the mutator, have it running on my pub server and it works great. :)

Yes, need whitelist, as of right now this will not allow the server to be ranked.
The server appears to be ranked still.

edit: you're correct. the UI shows ranked but xp doesn't save.

Last edited:

Slacker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2011
Guys why my server become unranked? :O How to fix this problem? ^^
As of update 1007 having a Server Actor such as this one will derank your server. In KF1 they had a whitelist that mutators/maps had to be accepted into in order for the server to remain ranked. In other words, we'll have to wait for the whitelist to be implemented for KF2.

Patros

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
If anyone still got problems with the time format, I changed the code a while ago when trying to learn unrealscript, and this fixed it for me:

Spoiler!

PS: Sry, I don't remember the exact changes..would have to compare with the old source which I already deleted as I didn't expect to keep working on it. Don't even know if the comments are mine. ^^

Patros

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
Necessary double post: I contacted FZFalzar who was so nice to give me permission for uploading the code to a GitHub repo.

You can find it here: https://github.com/wookiefriseur/KF2-BRTSServerAds

For now I was only planning on combining the time token and date token parts (for instance {HH:MM:SS} instead of {HR}:{MIN}:{SEC}) and adding some more tokens for wave infos or play time and so on.

Future features I could imagine (while keeping it simple: mutator just for server messages and infos):
  • Find a workaround for the derank if possible
  • Get it to the Steam Workshop
  • Add screen center messages
  • Add text colours
  • Add localisation support
  • Post "trader time left" in chat so that someone in lobby can see if to join quickly or wait (to be toggled on/off)
  • Add chat commands (for wave infos, jokes and so on)
  • Add random order messages (right now there is only a linear message cycle)
You can use pull requests to update the code or keep developing your own fork. If anyone is interested in developing directly just ask and I will add you to the list of collaborators.

Let me know if you have any feature requests or found any bugs. I don't know much about unrealscript so I can't promise anything but if it is a good suggestion I will try to implement it and fix bugs.

Last edited:

Patros

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
Oh, nice. Shall I add you as a collaborator? You could also make a repo yourself and I could delete mine, as you're way more experienced than me.

Patros

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
Yeah, I already added you yesterday because I saw that profile in the server ext repo. I can try again in case the link isn't valid anymore.