• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] BotDetonator (white-listed)

I'm out of the loop anymore Ducky....Does the botdetonator still work?

Yes it still works. I have a new (beta) release though, but it has some issues, cos it interacts with the ReserverSlots mutator (and by that allowing clan members to have extra voting power). Hope to sort them out soon and expect to get it live within a couple of days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Ducky, thanks for you hard work!

I have a problem, if i want to start the vote, it says "There must be at least 1 players on this server to enable...."

There were 6 Players on the server!

Looking forward to this!

I wil take a look at this. It would help me if you could make a server log from this bug. You can enable the logging by:
  1. Log in as a server admin (web-admin) or as an in-game admin
  2. If web-admin, then go to the Managment Console and type:
    mutate BD Config bEnableLogging True
  3. If in-game admin, then open the in-game console with ~ and type:
    mutate BD Config bEnableLogging True
  4. Now start again a kick bots vote session
  5. Play out the round as normal (the enabled logging will be disabled after round end) and send me the server log file.
Please also send me your servers ROBotDetonator.ini file.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I missed this I am sorry, but I did not find if there was a way to have the bots automatically turn off for specific maps. We like Eagle's Nest and with it being so dark the bots "see" players when the players obviously can not see back. Playing without the bots makes the map so much better. However, our admins can't be on at all times and therefore can't be there to kick the bots. And people leave. I know there is the option for when the player count reaches a certain limit the bots are kicked, but that isn't a constant.

Also, I installed following the OP, yet in the WebAdmin under the Mutators section I am unable to edit this or any of the other mutators I have installed. It would be easier for me and some of my less PC savvy admins to be able to edit here. Did I mess up my install or is it manual only with the .ini file?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
If I missed this I am sorry, but I did not find if there was a way to have the bots automatically turn off for specific maps. We like Eagle's Nest and with it being so dark the bots "see" players when the players obviously can not see back. Playing without the bots makes the map so much better. However, our admins can't be on at all times and therefore can't be there to kick the bots. And people leave. I know there is the option for when the player count reaches a certain limit the bots are kicked, but that isn't a constant.

You can specify in the map cycle (web-admin) how the URL for each map should be.

1. Open the web-admin and in the left pane you select Map Cycles
  2. Next click on the basic edit mode button
  3. You will now see the MAP URLs for all the maps in your map cycle. Add ?MinPlayers=0 to the maps on which you don't want to see any bots

Also, I installed following the OP, yet in the WebAdmin under the Mutators section I am unable to edit this or any of the other mutators I have installed. It would be easier for me and some of my less PC savvy admins to be able to edit here. Did I mess up my install or is it manual only with the .ini file?

Thanks in advance.

It's a none working feature in the web-admin.

Hey Ducky, thanks for you hard work!

I have a problem, if i want to start the vote, it says "There must be at least 1 players on this server to enable...."

There were 6 Players on the server!

Looking forward to this!

Found the bug and a new release is already at TWIs door waiting to get white-listed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As of today a newer (white-listed) version is available. Details and download link can be found in the OP.

Changes (rev. 69):

• The kick bots vote didn't work if the minimum required player count for voting was set to any value lower than 64.
    (Reported by Blitzk.-Bob and omniconsumer)
  • Bots would all be kicked from the same team if the NrOfBotsForHumans was set to any value higher than 2.
  • Added a none linear behavior to the NoOfBotsForHumans feature. Now a ratio can be added that will make more bots to leave if the number of players increases.
    (Partly based on a suggestion made by -=THOR=-)
  • Made use of the IColoredChat and IReservedSlots interfaces.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apologies, but I am having trouble understanding how to effectively use the NrOfBotsForHumansRatio
Nr Of Bots To Kick = NrOfBotsForHumans + (NrOfBotsForHumansRatio x Player Count) setting.

Currently, our server is set for NrOfBotsForHumans=2.0 , so its an even 2 bots for every 1 human that joins. If I wanted it to be a bit more dynamic at higher human player counts, what setting should I consider?

Should NrOfBotsForHumansRatio = 1.0 ?

Upvote 0
Bots always in server

Bots always in server

My rusty, tired butt can't seem to figure out how to have bots always in the server. Doesn't have to be the bots are playing the match. But, that say 38 bots with 2 empty (40 player server). Say 4 people join it kicks 2 bots, (36 bots, 4 players for example). Sry for the noob question, just rusty at running servers and tired lol

Upvote 0
Say 4 people join it kicks 2 bots, (36 bots, 4 players for example). Sry for the noob question, just rusty at running servers and tired lol

This is what i kinda want,
I want to keep bots on my server ,after a map change all the bots seems to disapear.Does this plugin keep the bots ingame with map changes ? even without players?.

Upvote 0
This is what i kinda want,
I want to keep bots on my server ,after a map change all the bots seems to disapear.Does this plugin keep the bots ingame with map changes ? even without players?.

The problem you describe is a configuration problem. The mutator won't solve that for you, because it honors the configuration that you use. You will need to dive into your server configuration files and command-line to figure out why the bots disappear. The server's Launch.log file can also give indications, because it shows the exact map URL each time the next map is loaded.

Upvote 0
Cool got it sorted, ty. I forgot to add the ?mutator=BotDetonator.BotDetonator to the map change. Have it set 1 for 1, but seems to kick 4 per that join lol. Not a big deal, just confused, and I have checked it. I just don't see what I goofed. Now, when you say command line for ?mutator=BotDetonator.BotDetonator, on the web-admin or in the server config? Also Thank You Ducky, very useful and cool mutator!

Upvote 0
Hi a few minutes ago it happend. We are running, ServerEx, Declutter and BotDetonator. Reserved Slots is deinstalled and no White Box in the Change map menu is there and no files are on the Server. So i wanted to open ServerEx and clicked wrong...you`ll guess...on BotDetonator. 16 or more where kicked. Could you fix this please??? I know it was my mistake but i`m asking you now cause you told me in one Thread that this only happens when one Mutator is not active but installed. Why has this been happend? Why Ducky??? I don`t know why this happend. But I

Upvote 0
Hi a few minutes ago it happend. We are running, ServerEx, Declutter and BotDetonator. Reserved Slots is deinstalled and no White Box in the Change map menu is there and no files are on the Server. So i wanted to open ServerEx and clicked wrong...you`ll guess...on BotDetonator. 16 or more where kicked. Could you fix this please??? I know it was my mistake but i`m asking you now cause you told me in one Thread that this only happens when one Mutator is not active but installed. Why has this been happend? Why Ducky??? I don`t know why this happend. But I

Upvote 0