• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

TY to anyone who consider a reply. I went over all my work and now have it working as expected and can now begin to add guns and other mutators. All is well.

***********************************************************************************

Would someone be kind enough to explain the proper renaming of a server perks file group. I don't want to cause any mismatches.

I want to start a server from scratch using the latest sp release, sp71. I believe that thus far I did everything correctly, apparently not. The compile went ok the server is online players can enter the server but the player is unable to join. The lobby where all the players ready up and choose perks is not there and no join button. It appears to the player that he is spectating. Perks are listed. This was the first step before adding any items or muts to the build. I admit to being perplexed as I have only changed the term ServerPerks to ie ABCPerks in a couple of places. TY.

Had the same issue a long time before.
I missed renaming a line in KFPCServ defaultproperties:

Code:
defaultproperties
{
    LobbyMenuClassString="[COLOR=Red]ServerPerks[/COLOR].SRLobbyMenu"
    PawnClass=Class'SRHumanPawn'
}

[COLOR=Yellow]should be then: [/COLOR]

defaultproperties
{
    LobbyMenuClassString="[COLOR=Lime]ABCPerks[/COLOR].SRLobbyMenu"
    PawnClass=Class'SRHumanPawn'
}
Maybe that's your problem.

Upvote 0
Yes I caught that one. In that first post I intentionally didn't state all I had done to ensure that any answer wouldn't be colored by what I had said. I used Grep to find all the ServerPerks edits and replaced them, including the lobby. I am now able to start adding some things after this first little bump. Again thanks for the reply.

Once again TY Marco for your efforts.

Upvote 0
Hello! Just a quick question: I have two servers and want to share server perks stats on both. I have a rented server (liek nfoservers.com) and a webspace with some ftp stuff on it (on another provider). Am I ready to setup a database for this and will it work? Do I need any addtional things to consider? Or is there maybe a way to share perks or an alternate method, that I missed, without doing through database? Thanks!

Upvote 0
LAN connection issues...

LAN connection issues...

greets Marco,

I have been a big fan of this mod for a long time, and never really ever had an issue with it. But now, since I updated to the 7.1 version, no players can connect to the LAN "listen" server. My old server needed maintenance badly, TWI just released 1.60, so I decided to rebuild from the ground up. Importants notes of observation:

1. While running a TWI vanilla "listen" server, with no muts active, players can connect almost instantly and are waiting in the map lobby room.

2. While running a modified "listen" server, with other muts active, players can connect and enter lobby like before.

3. While attempting to run a ServerPerks "listen" server, with only ServerPerks v7 active, players can no longer connect and get stuck at the index.rom loop

4. While attempting to run SP along with ScrNBalance as a "listen" server also yields failed connection attempts.

5: In Solo mode, with all custom server muts active, it runs beautifully. All custom weapons, skins, perks, levels, zeds, etc. work flawlessly.

6: All testing was done on fresh Steam installs of game for both server and clients.

All fingers point towards ServerPerks/ScrNBalance (will send post to Poosh also) since every connection failure is only while one/other/both of these muts are active. I know ServerPerks works, I've used it for years on my private server. I'm assuming that I have a configuration error somewhere but for the life of me I can't seem to find it. Do you have any idea what could be causing my issue?

*** EDIT ***

Issue has been resolved. Error was stemming from "max package limit" and/or incompatible custom content. As expected, mut works correctly out of the box before user error breaks it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bugreport:
Error: SRBuyMenuSaleList Package.SRBuyMenuSaleList (Function ServerPerks.SRBuyMenuSaleList.UpdateForSaleBuyables:01E5) Accessed null class context 'InventoryType'
Error: SRBuyMenuSaleList Package.SRBuyMenuSaleList (Function ServerPerks.SRBuyMenuSaleList.UpdateForSaleBuyables:01E5) Accessed null class context 'InventoryType'
KillingFloor.log in an infinite amount of error!! :eek:
What is this? :confused:

Upvote 0
ummm... plz help.:(

My Server IIS 6 to IIS 8.5 changed.

Used News Tab.

IIS 8.5 not recive news text ....

Client Error in KF.
Error when connecting to news page:| -Connection timed out.

KF ServerPerks Tab
IIS 6.0 OK
IIS 8.5 NG

IE or etc browser
IIS 6.0 OK
IIS 8.5 OK

IIS 8.5 Server log.
Success status 200

#Date: 2014-09-21 04:23:35
#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) cs(Referer) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status time-taken
2014-09-21 04:56:07 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx GET /killingfloor/servernews.txt - 8888 - 192.168.0.10 - - 200 0 0 199

Upvote 0
When will you have the program to convert the data.ini back to ServerPerksStats.ini ? because suddenly I'm having problems with the loading of the database so I wanna switch over to the ftp system

You can switch from Data.ini to FTP no problem.
Just follow instructions in first post:
If you want to upload onto FTP current stats saved on server, enable following setting on ServerPerks.ini: bUploadAllStats=True. Then start game on solo and wait for it to finish uploading everything. I will add to ServerPerksHost application a way to convert Data.ini to ServerPerksStats.ini back again if you want to switch the host protocol of your server.

There's currently no way to convert Data.ini to ServerPerksStats.ini or FTP to Data.ini.

Also FTP upload doesn't work on linux servers, so don't even try it.

Upvote 0
When will you have the program to convert the data.ini back to ServerPerksStats.ini ? because suddenly I'm having problems with the loading of the database so I wanna switch over to the ftp system

Eh, that kinda slipped my mind, I created that update down. Just download normal version of ServerPerksHost from first post now and launch: ServerPerksHost.exe UNDO as commandline.

Upvote 0
Dual Weapons Trader Problem

Dual Weapons Trader Problem

I've got a problem with dual weapons and the trader.
If I sell dual flare revolvers or a custom dual weapon it just sells both of them.
For example, instead, if you sell "dualies" you get a "single" back.
Is there a way to fix this and make every dual weapon work like dualies?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got a problem with dual weapons and the trader.
If I sell dual flare revolvers or a custom dual weapon it just sells both of them.
For example, instead, if you sell "dualies" you get a "single" back.
Is there a way to fix this and make every dual weapon work like dualies?

Hey , are you using another muts with this ? , maybe another is causing some strange things .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey , are you using another muts with this ? , maybe another is causing some strange things .

I don't have any weapon or other trader mut by now if that's what you're asking. It just happens when i use any custom dual weapon class. Even if I don't change anything.

For example, if I inherit dualies:

Code:
class DualiesFalk extends KFMod.Dualies;

defaultproperties
{
   PickupClass=Class'DualiesPickupFalk'
}
and dualies pickup like this:

Code:
class DualiesPickupFalk extends KFMod.DualiesPickup;

defaultproperties
{
   InventoryType=Class'DualiesFalk'
}
and add the pickup to the trader I just have the "bug" where it sells both of them.
This is my first KF modding experience so probably I'm missing something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0