• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

It always did, didn't it?

It works but very unreliably in my experience, player getting their stats wiped from time to time, start getting FTP error near wave 7/10 and stats no longer saving.

Could never find any success stories from people in my situation either, I also tried hardlinking the stats file like you suggested but I got the exact behavior you warned me about if I were using symlink; It seems the server still caches the whole file and overwrite stats written by the other server.

But if someone says it works for them I'll try again.

Upvote 0
It works but very unreliably in my experience, player getting their stats wiped from time to time, start getting FTP error near wave 7/10 and stats no longer saving.

Could never find any success stories from people in my situation either, I also tried hardlinking the stats file like you suggested but I got the exact behavior you warned me about if I were using symlink; It seems the server still caches the whole file and overwrite stats written by the other server.

But if someone says it works for them I'll try again.

I would say use v6.75 if v7 doesn't work for ya.....

Upvote 0
Does this mean it now works with the linux dedicated server ?

I highly doubt the FTP database will ever work on Linux as the code seems to be acting different on Linux then Windows, I recently changed to it and still getting the exact same errors

Spamming chat with "FTP Connection Timedout", server crash on every map change, all perks refuse to save.

Upvote 0
The way it works is you use a Mutator to spawn it for all players:
Code:
function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant)
{
	if( xPlayer(Other)!=None )
		Spawn(class'MyMenuAddon',Other);
	return true;
}
Also make sure you put in the mutator defaultproperties: bAddToServerPackages=true

Then with a MyMenuAddon class like this you add some own buttons or whatever:
Code:
Class MyMenuAddon extends SRMenuAddition;

simulated function NotifyMenuOpen( SRInvasionLoginMenu M, GUIController C )
{
	Super.NotifyMenuOpen(M,C);
	M.AddControlButton("A button","Howwdy?").OnClick = ButtonClicked;
	M.AddControlButton("Another button","Blaaah!").OnClick = ButtonClicked;
}

simulated function bool ButtonClicked(GUIComponent Sender)
{
	Level.GetLocalPlayerController().ClientMessage("Click!");
	return false;
}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Found a fix or maybe another alternative for the database as said by Wormbo

What WGH wrote. You might want to try elmuerte's LibHTTP4 instead and send the data via POST request.

As for the crash: "Logs or it didn't happen."
wink.gif

BTW: Ports below 1024 are not available to non-root processes on Linux. Those various BindPort() calls not only ignore that, but also disregard the fact that passing true as second parameter already will try a range of available ports in case the one specified isn't available. But in any case, you should not even specify any port at all for a clientside of a connection, because the Unreal engine will do exactly what your code does a poor job of trying - pick a random port.

Thread: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=202580

Upvote 0
TY to anyone who consider a reply. I went over all my work and now have it working as expected and can now begin to add guns and other mutators. All is well.

***********************************************************************************

Would someone be kind enough to explain the proper renaming of a server perks file group. I don't want to cause any mismatches.

I want to start a server from scratch using the latest sp release, sp71. I believe that thus far I did everything correctly, apparently not. The compile went ok the server is online players can enter the server but the player is unable to join. The lobby where all the players ready up and choose perks is not there and no join button. It appears to the player that he is spectating. Perks are listed. This was the first step before adding any items or muts to the build. I admit to being perplexed as I have only changed the term ServerPerks to ie ABCPerks in a couple of places. TY.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TY to anyone who consider a reply. I went over all my work and now have it working as expected and can now begin to add guns and other mutators. All is well.

***********************************************************************************

Would someone be kind enough to explain the proper renaming of a server perks file group. I don't want to cause any mismatches.

I want to start a server from scratch using the latest sp release, sp71. I believe that thus far I did everything correctly, apparently not. The compile went ok the server is online players can enter the server but the player is unable to join. The lobby where all the players ready up and choose perks is not there and no join button. It appears to the player that he is spectating. Perks are listed. This was the first step before adding any items or muts to the build. I admit to being perplexed as I have only changed the term ServerPerks to ie ABCPerks in a couple of places. TY.

Same goes for me. I've installed ServerPerks but I can't spawn as soon as I join the game.

Upvote 0