• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

I originally tried that. But when ever I went to compile it still kept referencing the ServerPerksV4 package even though I had removed any reference of it.

In the end I just wrote a new perk class as a separate package and entered that in the config of the ServerPerksV4 package.

ie

Perks=ServerPerksV4.SRVetCommando
Perks=MyPerks.MyKickAssSuperPerk

Works like a charm.

The only problem I now have is that I want the levels to scale to 100. But there will be the problem of the stars. As it will go Red 1-5, Gold 1-5, Green 1-25 and thats it. I'd like to have it go 1-10 stars and a different colour per star. That bit I'm stuck on.

Did you replace inside all the files what package they will point to (being your new package name)?

Plus if you need help with the new perk textures (including stars) I can help you out there as I recently have just figured this out myself. This will need you to make your own version of the package though so it'll affect the whole of the mutator.

Upvote 0
Did you replace inside all the files what package they will point to (being your new package name)?

Plus if you need help with the new perk textures (including stars) I can help you out there as I recently have just figured this out myself. This will need you to make your own version of the package though so it'll affect the whole of the mutator.

I've got the perk textures working, that's fine thanks. And yes, I went through the classes and made sure they referenced my package. Not the originals.

I think (from memory) the error was along the lines of.

SRVetBerzerker's super class must be ServerPerksV4.SRVeterency not MyPerks.SRVeterency. Which to me said what you just suggested, but I checked at least twice. There was no reference to ServerPerksV4 in that class.

Upvote 0
I've got the perk textures working, that's fine thanks. And yes, I went through the classes and made sure they referenced my package. Not the originals.

I think (from memory) the error was along the lines of.

SRVetBerzerker's super class must be ServerPerksV4.SRVeterency not MyPerks.SRVeterency. Which to me said what you just suggested, but I checked at least twice. There was no reference to ServerPerksV4 in that class.

Could you give us the error and i'll see what it could be as I have a complete custom version of this mutator?

Upvote 0
Hey guys.

So I've created a couple extra perks with their own corresponding weapons, however, when purchasing them in the trader their perk icons are blank, so I'm assuming I've missed something along the way. Does anybody know what I should be doing to make their icons the same as the perk's?

Im wondering how to fix this myself. I think there is something telling it to be blank in the HUD file but I can't be 100% behind this. If you find a fix please contact me. :)

Upvote 0
Im wondering how to fix this myself. I think there is something telling it to be blank in the HUD file but I can't be 100% behind this. If you find a fix please contact me. :)
Yeah, I haven't figured this one out, and it's one of the very few things keeping my creations from being 100% polished.

That, and one other thing. I tried figuring this one out on my own but failed, and I know it's probably pretty simple, so... how would I make weapons that already exist fall under a new perk index? IE how would I make the Dual Deagles go from perk index 2 to 7, and have that reflected in the trader's shop?

Thankies!

Upvote 0
I have the same issue. The new texture for the perk icon will show everywhere but the trader buy menu. The guns even sort by the new perk, but the perk icon is missing. So this has be something with the buy menu.

If you find anything to do with this can you please contact me and maybe give me advice on how to fix this? The reason being is I want to show my custom perk pictures inside the trader with the guns. The other thing I want to sort is allowing a weapon to have NO perk index (-1) so it will not go with any perk. The example for this is I have changed the MK23 and because I have used it with two of my perks for leveling, I don't want to give it a specific perk but a "no perk". Only thing I can do right now is give it a perk index or keep it has "-1" and let it choose medic symbol...

EDIT: I have found inside KFBuyMenuInvList.uc:
Code:
PerkTextures[i] = 
class'KFGameType'.default.LoadedSkills[MyBuyables[i].ItemPerkIndex].default.OnHUDIcon;

Don't know if this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is there a way to make the trader list do more than 50 weapons using this (per-server stats)?
maybe change some code somewhere?

I don't think so seems this mutator doesn't affect the trader at all really. Im not sure if maybe customising the KFCustomTrader mutator would be able to help but it seems hard coded so probably not.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else been having problems with this mutator after the update? It's a similar case to the xmas event where if you killed a zed the server would crash.

It seems to be the same case again. I have tried running my server while the server perks is deactivated and it runs fine. I've put my server log below, hopefully it can give a clue to what the problem is.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0