Mut: Per Server Stats

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Gooblaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 3, 2010
Could you tell us the error that is shown? Are you sure the database configuration is properly setup?

Of course, both servers can retrieve the perks

I think it has something to do with the connection timed out sort of thing.
And there is no error, the perks simply aren't being loaded for a period of time after map change...

Any way to keep the connection between the server and database constant?

I don't see a setting there that allows me to set the connection time to > 60 seconds or infinite

Oh i forgot about the error message

here it is: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"

Last edited:

ChairmanMurder[Forge]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 24, 2011
Sunny, Sunny California
Some things that could be looked into:

Berserkers only have 25% damage resistance, not the newest-patch 40%.
Demolitions with LAW can only carry 13 rockets, not 22 (or whatever the percentrage is perked).
Speed boost for Medic displays as "r%" instead of some number.
Commando can see Stalkers past level 6 just fine, but not life bars.
Support seems to be stuck at +120% extra grenade capacity, but it's some perked percentage (For example, at level 30 it says +120%, but I can carry 35 grenades, which is +600%)

Also, I notice some perk benefits are "frozen" at level 6 and above. For example, a level 7+ Medic gets faster speed and better healing, but his armor bonus is only +75% and stays there. Commando gets faster reloads and less reloads, but no extra damage. I know there because of balance, but is there a way to fix that? Like a percentage increase over levels?

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
Of course, both servers can retrieve the perks

I think it has something to do with the connection timed out sort of thing.
And there is no error, the perks simply aren't being loaded for a period of time after map change...

Any way to keep the connection between the server and database constant?

I don't see a setting there that allows me to set the connection time to > 60 seconds or infinite

Oh i forgot about the error message

here it is: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"
Sorry mate I can't exactly help myself but I know this may be helpful for others who may read this. I don't use a database due to it having some communication problems I think it was. I save all the data into it's own file so easily editable if needed to.

Gooblaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 3, 2010
Sorry mate I can't exactly help myself but I know this may be helpful for others who may read this. I don't use a database due to it having some communication problems I think it was. I save all the data into it's own file so easily editable if needed to.

But i want to share the same perks between both servers... If the database doesn't work, then the perks can't be shared... I hope Marco has a fix for this

kapishas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 31, 2011
Hey,

When it will be possible to have ServerPerks Database On LINUX platform?
ore would it be eser to use MysqL Database for Perks ?

And how to make ServerPerksStats.ini convert to data.ini ?

Last edited:

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
Hey,

When it will be possible to have ServerPerks Database On LINUX platform?
ore would it be eser to use MysqL Database for Perks ?

And how to make ServerPerksStats.ini convert to data.ini ?

I actually like the idea of this using a MySQL database but will this cause slight lag because of a constant connection from server to external database?

1cecold

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2011
hey seems to not want to work for me just acts as if it isn't on, heres my start up line
server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameTypet?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=ServerPerksV4.ServerPerksMut? ini=KillingFloor.ini multihome=217.163.26.167 port=7707 log=Gameservers.log -nohomedir

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
Code:
server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameTypet?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=ServerPerksV4.ServerPerks ini=KillingFloor.ini multihome=217.163.26.167 port=7707 log=Gameservers.log 
-nohomedir
You had spaces everywhere PLUS you also had an extra bit "Mut?". Try that above and see what happens.

kapishas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 31, 2011
I actually like the idea of this using a MySQL database but will this cause slight lag because of a constant connection from server to external database?

I dont think it could couse a slight lag, becose mysql is too simple. we use it for lots of game data savings

Tendency

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2009
www.rainingblood.org
Hi Marco,

I have been working on a lot of perks and weapons. I am using this mut for stats and perk selection. Everything is working great but one small detail. I would really like to fix it so i can release this mutator im working on.
When you first join and select a perk, it gives you the proper loadout of weapons. This is working on the 20+ perks and 50+ weapons im using. But when changing perks it never changes the weapon loadout. e.g.

Im berserker with Katana. I die or switch perks at the end of the round. When i spawn or switch to commando perk, i dont get the weapons for commando, i keep the weapons loadout from Berzerker.

How can i make it so the weapons loadout switches along with the perks? So when i switch from berzerker to commando, i get the weapons for commando instead of keeping the berzerker weapons? How does that function work? Where is this function?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
Hi Marco,

I have been working on a lot of perks and weapons. I am using this mut for stats and perk selection. Everything is working great but one small detail. I would really like to fix it so i can release this mutator im working on.
When you first join and select a perk, it gives you the proper loadout of weapons. This is working on the 20+ perks and 50+ weapons im using. But when changing perks it never changes the weapon loadout. e.g.

Im berserker with Katana. I die or switch perks at the end of the round. When i spawn or switch to commando perk, i dont get the weapons for commando, i keep the weapons loadout from Berzerker.

How can i make it so the weapons loadout switches along with the perks? So when i switch from berzerker to commando, i get the weapons for commando instead of keeping the berzerker weapons? How does that function work? Where is this function?

Thanks in advance!

This is something I also get and I also found out you can NOT change perk during trader time at all. You have to of done it during the wave before which is a little annoying.

Anyway you could share how to fix these two?

Reactions: Benjamin

Tendency

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2009
www.rainingblood.org
Hi Marco,

I now have it switching the weapons loadout when a player dies. That is fine.

The only thing now is selecting a perk during a wave or during trader time. I want them to get the new perks weapons loadout. Even if the way to make it happen is to kill them at the end of the wave and/or during trader time. So they respawn with the proper weapons.

If all else fails, will have to disable perk selection during waves and trader time. Which i dont want to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

tw004619

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 7, 2011
Thx for your mod first:)

This user savedata( ServerPerksStat.ini) was by IP "and" Username,
dose any option let us save by IP "or" Username?

Thanks a lot

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
Right what I want to do is change the Footer to not allow you to spectate once you've clicked ready but to UNREADY instead.

I've found inside SRLobbyFooter.uc
Code:
 else if(Sender == b_Ready)
 {
  if ( PC.Level.NetMode == NM_Standalone || !PC.PlayerReplicationInfo.bReadyToPlay )
  {
   //Set Ready
   PC.ServerRestartPlayer();
   PC.PlayerReplicationInfo.bReadyToPlay = True;
   if ( PC.Level.GRI.bMatchHasBegun )
    PC.ClientCloseMenu(true, false);
   b_Ready.Caption = UnreadyString;
  }
  else
  {
   // Spectate map while waiting for players to get ready
   LobbyMenu(PageOwner).bAllowClose = true;
  }
 }

How would I change to unready instead (for the spectator bit and not replace the b_Ready section)? I know it will have
Code:
else if(Sender == b_UnReady)
I think. Any help?

AznX

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 26, 2011
Just a quick question for someone just tryin to get this working...How exactly do you get this workin lol..I dled the 1 file shoved it into my system folder not sure if i needed source code or database..mutator seemed to show up as well I had a weapon pack mutator active but when I start the listen server the perks box just says none perk active..and was also wondering where do I find the server startup commandline to add "?Mutator=ServerPerksV2.ServerPerksMut"?? Would much appreciate it if I could get some clarification as to how to make this work

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
For listening servers you do NOT need to add the server command line. That is for dedicated servers only. To use a perk you need to change the minimum level to 0/1 instead of -1 (not available - need to unlock the level).

-----------------------------

I now have a bug in my version which is where my cloacked stalkers don't show their health bars until they've uncloaked.

Code:
// Display enemy health bars
static function SpecialHUDInfo(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, Canvas C)
{
 local KFMonster KFEnemy;
 local HUDKillingFloor HKF;
 local float MaxDistanceSquared;
 if ( KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkillLevel > 0 )
 {
  HKF = HUDKillingFloor(C.ViewPort.Actor.myHUD);
  if ( HKF == none || C.ViewPort.Actor.Pawn == none )
   return;
  switch ( KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkillLevel )
  {
   case 1:
    MaxDistanceSquared = 25600; // 20% (160 units)
    break;
   case 2:
    MaxDistanceSquared = 102400; // 40% (320 units)
    break;
   case 3:
    MaxDistanceSquared = 230400; // 60% (480 units)
    break;
   case 4:
    MaxDistanceSquared = 409600; // 80% (640 units)
    break;
   case 5:
   case 6:
    MaxDistanceSquared = 640000; // 100% (800 units)
    break;
   default:
     MaxDistanceSquared = 640000; // 100% (800 units)
     break;
  }
  foreach C.ViewPort.Actor.DynamicActors(class'KFMonster',KFEnemy)
  {
   if ( KFEnemy.Health > 0 && !KFEnemy.Cloaked() && VSizeSquared(KFEnemy.Location - C.ViewPort.Actor.Pawn.Location) < MaxDistanceSquared )
   {
    HKF.DrawHealthBar(C, KFEnemy, KFEnemy.Health, KFEnemy.HealthMax , 50.0);
   }
  }
 }
}
static function bool ShowStalkers(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI)
{
 return true;
}
static function float GetStalkerViewDistanceMulti(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI)
{
 switch ( KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkillLevel )
 {
  case 0:
   return 0.0625; // 25%
  case 1:
   return 0.25; // 50%
  case 2:
   return 0.36; // 60%
  case 3:
   return 0.49; // 70%
  case 4:
   return 0.64; // 80%
 }
 return 1.0; // 100% of Standard Distance(800 units or 16 meters)
}

I've compared but it still seems the same as original. What I did was add the default for the health bars distance and ever since it's happened.

Last edited:

Excalibolg

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2009
KF-BioticsLab
FluX, looking at the code helps.

if ( KFEnemy.Health > 0 && !KFEnemy.Cloaked() && VSizeSquared(KFEnemy.Location - C.ViewPort.Actor.Pawn.Location) < MaxDistanceSquared )

if ... AND THE ENEMY IS NOT CLOAKED ...

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
I realised this and I tried just copying back what the original KFMod version has. Same problem but all of a sudden works. So I don't know what happened there.

Right what I want to do is change the Footer to not allow you to spectate once you've clicked ready but to UNREADY instead.

I've found inside SRLobbyFooter.uc
Code:
 {
  if ( PC.Level.NetMode == NM_Standalone || !PC.PlayerReplicationInfo.bReadyToPlay )
  {
   //Set Ready
  }
  else
  {
   // Spectate map while waiting for players to get ready
   LobbyMenu(PageOwner).bAllowClose = true;
  }
 }

How would I change to unready instead (for the spectator bit and not replace the b_Ready section)? I know it will have
Code:
else if(Sender == b_UnReady)
I think. Any help?

I also got this to work by changing the above to:
Code:
 {
  {
   //Set Ready
  }
  else
  { //Set UnReady
   PC.PlayerReplicationInfo.bReadyToPlay = False;