• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Must delete My Documents/My Games/KF2 everytime in order to join servers [Epic Store]

nararatu

Jan 10, 2021
I can reproduce the issue whenever I want.

Open the game, try to join a server(doesn't matter if quick match or lobby), join button doesn't work and nothing happens.

Close the game, go to My Documents/My Games/KF2 and delete it.

Check the game for missing files through Epic Client, download them, open the game, and you can join and play until you close the game and it happens again.

One weird thing: When deleting KF2 folder, it doesn't auto-refresh. Meaning I have to press F5 for the folder to actually go away. If I try to open after deleting, it will show a error saying it couldn't localize the folder. This 'thing' with the refresh only happens with this folder, could be the issue.

Make sure the KillingFloor2 folder at C:\Documents\My Games has not been write- and read-protected.

Disable/uninstall backup software such as OneDrive or GoogleDrive, they are known to hijack the Documents folder on drive C:

Don't play KF2 using a guest or family account, you want full access so to speak.

Add these addresses to your computer's firewall (and router firewall if there is one): https://support.killingfloor2.com/en/steampc-knowledgebase/article/egs-connection-or-search-issues Don't forget to restart your computer (and router) to apply changes.

Upvote 0
Make sure the KillingFloor2 folder at C:\Documents\My Games has not been write- and read-protected.

Disable/uninstall backup software such as OneDrive or GoogleDrive, they are known to hijack the Documents folder on drive C:

Don't play KF2 using a guest or family account, you want full access so to speak.

Add these addresses to your computer's firewall (and router firewall if there is one): https://support.killingfloor2.com/en/steampc-knowledgebase/article/egs-connection-or-search-issues Don't forget to restart your computer (and router) to apply changes.

KillingFloor2 folder is not write and read-protected.

I uninstalled OneDrive right after installing Windows 10. No Google Drive in my pc.

I'm using the one and only adm account on this computer.

Opened the game and still couldn't join any servers.

I'll try the last recommendations when I'm alone in the network. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Yeah it wasn't related at all. The problem is back. Last time I had it installed in my HDD. After uninstalling I installed it in the SSD, the same Windows and Epic are. Still, I have the same problem again.

I can see lobby, I can see up to 1000 servers, but Join and Watch simply don't work. And I can join a custom server through tilde "open [IP]" command.
I found this server's IP through GameTracker, and I can also see him in the lobby list, but can't join it because the buttons don't work.

Doesn't look like a network issue, really. At least not on my side, that's for sure.

Upvote 0