• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Music Video Thread

Never heard them before but had to LOL @ that video - how did I know that the vocalist would be all growly and closet-case-ish before the first bar of the intro was even finished? :rolleyes:

haha you should see their other music videos ^^
even more grim vocalist :p

seriously as good as this band is, the vocalist should'nt try to look dangerous grimm and angry in every single second in the videos :D

Upvote 0
how did I know that the vocalist would be all growly and closet-case-ish before the first bar of the intro was even finished? :rolleyes:

Because you knew it's death metal? :p It's a genre you understand, or don't, I guess... But the vocals make the music more brutal and in line with the lyrics, that's for sure.

Here's a good Dutch folk metal band, Heidevolk, also with Paganistic and Viking themes.

YouTube - Heidevolk - Wodan Heerst

YouTube - Heidevolk- Walhalla Wacht

YouTube - Heidevolk-Het bier zal weer vloeien

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some more metal. Bet you didn't know this band... melodic death metal from Australia. If you like Opeth, give these guys a listen. The best way I can describe them, is that it's like a mix between Opeth and Dethklok. They are still unsigned. Spread the word, these guys deserve more publicity.

I think they're amazing.

YouTube - Be'lakor - Countless Skies

YouTube - Be'Lakor - Aspect

YouTube - Be'lakor - The Desolation Of Ares

And it's neck and neck, too close to call, which will happen first? Will they get signed by a record company or will they get girlfriends first?

:p;):D

And someone give that vocalist a throat lozenge, he sounds ridiculous :p - tbh there's prolly nothing wrong with that guy that having him stand up in a hall and have everyone laugh at him till they piss themselves would not cure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those guys are obviously great musicians but why do they always do those grunty vocals? Anyway it was pretty good - the instrumental parts are great! :p

Nestors just being an old codger btw :D

Folk punk you say?

YouTube - Kultur Shock - Sarajevo

YouTube - KULTUR SHOCK Horse Thief Music video

YouTube - Kultur Shock - Zumbul

Kultur Shock are great!

Edit; Had to post this new one from Dan Bull, his comment on the Lily Allen file-sharing drama, guys a real talent!

YouTube - Dan Bull - Dear Lily [an open letter to Lily Allen]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys just don't get it... especially you, Nestor, old man. :D The growling vocals, it's an acquired taste, at first I also thought it sounds stupid. But then I realized that it does require talent, and it can make the music sound more brutal (example: Amon Amarth). There are a lot of death vocalists that sound really bad, but some of them are very good.

TBH Be'lakor would have been boring with normal singing.

i actually do know Belacor ^^
and being similar to Dethklok is allways great :D (in terms of humor of course ^^)

Well, in terms of sound I meant. But yeah, Dethklok is some funny ****. :)

YouTube - Dethklok - Hatredcopter music video

Upvote 0
One major beef I have with slavish adherence to any of the micro-genres of metal is their extremely limited scope in terms of style and content.

Themes covered: war, death, evil , hatred, pain, negative **** in general

Style: 1,001 variations on powerchord riffs played fast and heavy. Man, if something as fundamental as the limited use of melody before the barrage begins is offered as evidence of eclecticism in the genre then it is surely a bankrupt genre.

Even the most 'can't handle the arrival of testosterone in my system' late teenage lad can surely see that there is more to life and music than just those things?

I was one of the biggest metal fans ever back in the early 80's - I worshipped Motorhead when most rockers were into stuff like Deep Purple, Whitesnake and other such bands. To this day I am pleased when I see that Motorhead are still going strong, doing basiclally the same thing.

But, like most people, my tastes changed and broadened as I got older - a lot of the more recent contribuotrs to the metal genre passed me by cos I was too busy having a good time and partying to worry about the kind of schoolboy self-loathing that prompts an interest in satanism, genocide and other such matters that seem to fascinate the microgenre fans. However, by checking my contributions on this thread you will see that I still prefer a basically 'in your face' style.

I would say that the reason for my baiting the micro-genre fanboiz is not so much that I don't get their preferred style of music; rather that I DO get other styles.

To me, saying "You should listen to this cos the vocals are even growlier than some other growly vocals" is just ridiculous and therefore ridicule I do.

Anyway some kickass stuff that serves a purpose (or served it back in the early 90's)...

YouTube - Full Metal Jackoff Pt.1 - Jello Biafra & D.O.A.

Last edited:
Upvote 0