• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Music being an issue with Streaming

Rhoy_The_Redneck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2022
So I stream this game on twitch regularly. But stopped because the In-game Soundtrack kept getting me copyright problems... Which I can't dispute because it's an ingame soundtrack... Which is weird because the soundtrack was written for the game ...... So idk if the band, producer, or Studio Tech made claims against the music being played in game. But it's inconvenient. The game on Xbox is lacking in content anyway. But trying to play it without heavy music to kill zeds to is really off-putting.

It's been like that for years. They get flagged, although inconsistently, sometimes do, sometimes don't.

What TWI could do is reach out to YT and Twitch and ask them for an exemption or whatever so KF2 games don't get flagged. This will definitely result in more streams and more promotion of the game. It's a shame that some don't stream KF2 just because of these bogus copyright infringement issues.

Upvote 0
Well, dang. Yoshiro replied in the middle of my typing this, so...

Some of the soundtrack is exclusive to the game, but some of it like Demon Hunter and such is music belonging to whatever rights holders or whatever record company deals with that IP, which is where it gets sticky.

I'm not completely up-to-date with the inner workings of YouTube and its copyright bots but AFAIK you can't just get a blanket exception to that system by tagging a game or whatever piece of media, it works on a completely different basis.

Upvote 0