• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Multiplay Game Servers need action from Tripwire

kba

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Hi

fullmj have been with Multiplay for many years. We are still awaiting a BETA server as they tell me that they are waiting for Tripwire to resolve some issues. I have been pressing them for over a week but still no sign of any server.

I have asked what they are waiting for, would you kindly confirm if their issues are being addressed or alternatively, if there is no action in the short term, I will have to switch providers to have a server.:mad:

They advise as below:-

[FONT=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I'm sorry you feel we don't have a proactive approach to getting this fixed, once we first managed to get hands on the server code from Tripwire, we noticed quite a few bugs with the server code.
Some of these things include:
- A non configurable "steam" port, meaning it could conflict with another server/service. (Still not fixed)
- Configuration files for the game, which are overwritten every time by the game server so you may or may not get the server configuration you originally requested. (Still not fixed)
[/FONT]
I would appreciate any help you could provide.

kba

Yep we're waiting on those two fixes before releasing servers as they are serious enough to us to prevent more than basic testing on development boxes, as you would expect when it could take someone's CSS server offline for example.

If you want to confirm these bugs the server is freely available so feel free to download it and test it for yourself ;-)

Please remember this is a Beta and the guys at Tripwire are working hard to fix bugs in priority order so these issues will get solved in due cause.

When they are fixed we will look to extend Beta servers to those customers who want them, until such time everyone needs to be patient and let the developers continue their excellent work :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The steam port can be changed its just connected to the game port: Steam Port = 27015 + <Game Port> - 7777
In contrast afaik to RO1 where it couldn't be changed at all.

The configuration files work exactly the same as RO1, or other UE3 UE2 UE1 games :\. You have default ini files, and your server creates out of those a new set of ini files in any folder you please.

If the server is running while making configuration file changes then indeed it will be reset at map change, as that is when webadmin changes will get applied to the ini. WHich is why configuration changes must be made when the server is offline, or they must be made through the webadmin. Alternatively one could use a swap ini, that a server will load after map change, so your custom changes won't be overwritten. But again this thing has been the same since unreal tournament 99 :|.

You can easily host multiple servers on the same game install and the same ip, as long as you change the basic webadmin and play port. And in the startup commandline of the server redirect to another ini installation. :\

Last edited:
Reactions: kba
Upvote 0
As a Tripwire RECOMMENDED game server provider, Multiplay should be embarrassed that they have yet to make servers available.

It is obvious, from the replies here and the overwhelming catalogue of running servers, that your problems can be resolved without this continued delay.

I look forward to receiving my email.

kba

Last edited:
Reactions: CatMangler
Upvote 0
The steam port can be changed its just connected to the game port: Steam Port = 27015 + <Game Port> - 7777
In contrast afaik to RO1 where it couldn't be changed at all.

We're actually talking about the query port, RO1 used ut2s query protocol on gameport + 1 which is an acceptable range, gameport + 19238 is not this is the problem expecially as it conflicts directly with source games.

The configuration files work exactly the same as RO1, or other UE3 UE2 UE1 games :\. You have default ini files, and your server creates out of those a new set of ini files in any folder you please.

Again incorrect there is a problem with ROWeb.ini which is constantly overwritten. This is something that was initially an issue with UT3 and other UE3 based games, but has been fixed subsequently. Without said fix the servers config held in this file which also contains a configurable port is lost.

You can easily host multiple servers on the same game install and the same ip, as long as you change the basic webadmin and play port. And in the startup commandline of the server redirect to another ini installation. :\

Once the issues noted are fixed this will be the case, but not until then the potential for an RO2 server to conflict and break other servers as well as to loose the ability to admin it are not something we are going to put our customers through.

To confirm the guys at Tripwire are aware of both the problems and we hope to see a fix soon.

Upvote 0
It is obvious, from the replies here and the overwhelming catalogue of running servers, that your problems can be resolved without this continued delay.

Actually they just display a missunderstanding of the nature of the issues, which as we have stated can't be "resolved" without a server patch.

As a Tripwire RECOMMENDED game server provider, Multiplay should be embarrassed that they have yet to make servers available.

We've been a GSP for well over 10 years now and this experience brings with it the ability to know what features are required before we can offer an acceptable product; which is why we are respected and supported by our valued customers.

I'm sorry you feel we should offer servers even though there as still serious outstanding issues, but we will only offer a service once we are happy we can support it to the standard our customers deserve, which we can't at the moment.

Once these two key issues are addressed, however we will be happy to re-review the server and should it meet our standards, we will then look to offer RO2 server to customers.

Upvote 0
Again incorrect there is a problem with ROWeb.ini which is constantly overwritten. This is something that was initially an issue with UT3 and other UE3 based games, but has been fixed subsequently. Without said fix the servers config held in this file which also contains a configurable port is lost.

I've some sever in my TCadmin V2 and I have no problem with ROWeb.ini. I modified the file, enabled the webadmin, changed the port and the configuration has remained.
My TCAdmin RO2beta config is based on ut3 config.

Upvote 0