• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MS Flight (f2p flight "sim") is out.

Never got to try the previous titles. Do tell us if this is still up to par or if it is just a game now.

Though a modern Pilot Wings 64 (open world, mess around gameplay, one of the best console games ever) type flying game would be nice, so even if it did turn out to be a game I might enjoy it anyways.

Upvote 0
Played the first 2 tutorial missions, took a video of the second one, which I am just compiling into an uploadable format (so I will most likely upload it in about 5 hours, when I get back from work).

Short verdict:

graphics are nice
feels gamey compared to the flight simulator series, even to the missions of X.
no force feedback
quite a forgiving starter plane. Or the physics are really forgiving...

So all in all, I guess it's nice to toy around with adn relax, but nothing serious. if you're really into flight sims, you're better off with FS X and the likes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, what's the catch?

1) Requires GFWL suite.

2) You don't get much free, ingame store lets you purchase more planes fpor real money.

3) I doubt MS will let you mod this like FS games of the past (why buy planes when modders release them for free?).

So basically, your average free-2-play model, though i AM going to call them naughty for including the P-51 so heavilly in the trailer, when it's actually payware DLC from what i can tell.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the cons are:

- No custom content
- Only one region, Hawaii. And there, only one island is free, the rest is to pay for.
- Quite limited free content
- No way to "grind" for content, so rather like an "ordinary" f2p title where you can yourself decide if you spend time or money to unlock things, here, money's the only option. Thus it's actually not f2p, but rather a slightly bigger demo from where you can directly unlock the "full" game.
- No direct buy, you have to use the abysmal Xbox point system. Not only does that hide the true cost (what's 1200 points in real money?) but also poses the problem that you can only buy predetermined amounts of them. Thus, you will have to overpay MS if you plan on buying 600 point content, as you need to pay for 1000 points to afford it.
- Content is expensive. One of the planes you can buy costs 1200 points. That's 14.40€!

Upvote 0
Hmm. I always figured Flight would be a true FSX successor. But I guess not, a real shame too, i fired up FSX just last night on my new setup and i hate to say it but its starting to show its age (graphically).

The amount of FSX content out there though, and especially free content, is staggering so i'm not dropping this baby until I absolutely have too. It is my fav civvie flight sim.

And yes, the most detailed addon planes were paid-for but a lot of the freeware ones were very close in quality. My favorite plane was probably the Project OpenSky 777 in UPS colors. Was a joy to fly and you could really feel the weight if you loaded it up.

Looks like Ill be skipping over Flight then. Especially with the whole paid DLC and points thing. Do we know why they dropped the series? Sounds like a stupid move, and leaves X-Plane with a monopoly. Not that I dont like X-Plane, i do, its just so hamfisted compared to the FS games.

Upvote 0