• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mother's Day tomorrow!

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
For all those of you who are feeling dense - tomorrow is Mother's Day. Do not forget. You will not be forgiven!

Now, if you need a Mother's Day present for someone - how about Dwarfs!? Think about it - casual game, simple to play - and you don't even need to leave the house! Not forgetting that it has been in the Top 10 on Steam for a couple of days, along with being in two of the most-viewed videos on YouTube this week - AND it is still on its launch sale. $9... go on - you know you want to!

And for the RO2 fans - yes, we are rolling out the "Friends and Family" beta. Getting closer to closed and the large closed betas. The F&F beta is a milestone, of course. Initially designed just to roll the game out to a whole bunch of PCs in non-development environments (i.e. in peoples' homes) and see what immediate wierdo problems surface. But beyond that, it means we get a first reaction from a bunch of people who haven't played the game yet.

It will really take a couple of weeks to iron the initial kinks out of the beta system, so that we can actually get people down to some serious playing. Get the distribution rolling smoothly, updates and all the rest of it.

So - I am going out to buy some flowers (see - I didn't forget Mother's Day!) and save my life for another year. I suggest the rest of you do the same... and watch this space over the next few weeks for announcements on the next stages of the beta, release date and more :)

Oh - and in the meantime - go buy Dwarfs!?

So there will be an open beta? Oh yeah :IS2::IS2::IS2:

Read the FAQ :p

3) How is beta going to be handled?

We currently have 3 planned phases for beta testing. The first being a friends and family beta (as well as the external testers we have used for years). Odds are you WILL NOT get into this. The second phase we plan to bring in some of our long term community members. For the third phase we are scheduled to have a large CLOSED beta. How to get into this beta will be made clear closer to the time of this beta. But odds are if you want in this beta you should be able to get a key.

Last edited:
Upvote 0