• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Most Wanted Suggestion Wishlist

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
Hi, I thought it would be good to construct a list of the most wanted bug fixes and minor suggestions, so that TWI have a better idea of what the community would like to see changed. Ideally I want to see things on this list that shouldn't technically take much to change but should have a reasonable impact (such as making something less annoying :)).

I would like you guys to post your own suggestions, and quote the suggestions of others that you like, and I'll give each suggestion a point for each user that does this. I'll add suggestions to the list when they have at least 2 votes. Keep the descriptions short and to the point, and provide links to any threads that give additional information on these suggestions / bugs.

I've now added a 'feature' list which consists of requests that are bigger than the minor alterations this thread was originally designed for.

Wishlist

Votes - Suggestion

6 ------ Fix: If you join during trader time your perk automatically gets picked and you cannot choose it again until the next wave. [1], [2].

6 ------ Change: Prevent syringe from playing 'reload' animation if it misses.

5 ------ Change: Stop server browser from refreshing the list every time you view it (either from exiting an error screen or changing between LAN/friends/internet tabs). Instead have it keep the list until you've actually played and disconnected from a server.

5 ------ Add: A server history tab in the server selection screen.

3 ------ Change: When a player makes a head shot, award them the kill when the specimen finally dies. Award an assist bonus (a small amount of cash) to anyone who lands the finishing blow on a specimen (doesn't count if it dies from bleeding out rather than direct damage). [1].

3 ------ Change: Give the menu system and HUD an overhaul. It looks pretty bad right now, and it has a negative impact on the feel of the game.

2 ------ Change: Give the LAW a minimum arming range. Roughly 10m seems to be a pretty common distance for similar weapons. [1].

2 ------ Change: Adjust server browser so that current selection does not change when servers are added above it.

2 ------ Change: Add a 'stop' button to the server browser, to cancel refreshing.

2 ------ Change: When a player heals another player, make the amount of cash the player receives depend on the amount of HP they heal, with a minimum and maximum amount set. [1].

2 ------ Change: When switching to a different weapon class, give weapons with no ammo lowest priority, so that they will be picked last. Weapons that are empty but have more ammo should not be treated this way, just weapons for which you have no ammo.

Last updated at post #24.

Last edited:
Nomination List

#1 Fix: If you join during trader time your perk automatically gets picked and you cannot choose it again until the next wave. [1], [2].

#2 Change: Give the LAW a minimum arming range. Roughly 10m seems to be a pretty common distance for similar weapons. [1].

#3 Change: Stop server browser from refreshing the list every time you view it (either from exiting an error screen or changing between LAN/friends/internet tabs). Instead have it keep the list until you've actually played and disconnected from a server.

#4 Change: Adjust server browser so that current selection does not change when servers are added above it.

#5 Change: Add a 'stop' button to the server browser, to cancel refreshing.

#6 Change: When a player heals another player, make the amount of cash the player receives depend on the amount of HP they heal, with a minimum and maximum amount set. [1].

#7 Change: When a player makes a head shot, award them the kill when the specimen finally dies. Award an assist bonus (a small amount of cash) to anyone who lands the finishing blow on a specimen (doesn't count if it dies from bleeding out rather than direct damage). [1].

#8 Change: When switching to a different weapon class, give weapons with no ammo lowest priority, so that they will be picked last. Weapons that are empty but have more ammo should not be treated this way, just weapons for which you have no ammo.

#9 Change: Give the menu system and HUD an overhaul. It looks pretty bad right now, and it has a negative impact on the feel of the game.

#10 Change: Add a server history tab in the server selection screen.

#11 Change: Give the menu system and HUD an overhaul. It looks pretty bad right now, and it has a negative impact on the feel of the game.

Feature Nomination List

These are suggestions considered bigger than minor alterations.

#1 Feature: Implement a run feature. Whether or not to have a stamina system is undecided. [1]

#2 Feature: Allow the knife and 9mm to be dropped. Perhaps disallow a player from dropping their last weapon in order to prevent them from being defenceless? [1]

#3 Feature: Give players a large Maglite which cannot be dropped. This should function as both a flashlight and a blunt melee weapon. This would alleviate the problem that may arise from allowing the knife and 9mm to be dropped. [1]

#4 Feature: Reduce melee weapon selection (most likely remove the machete - perhaps remove it from the shop but allow it to be found around the map?) and rebalance them to give them more unique roles. [1]

#5 Feature: Add weapon upgrades and/or attachments. Each level of a perk would unlock an upgrade or add-on for the perk-specific weapons. This would automatically be applied to weapons they buy from the trader when bought using the relevant perk. There should be a way to prevent higher level players from giving their souped-up weapons to lower level players - perhaps simply adjust the upgrade/attachment according to the player's perk when they receive the weapon? [1]

#6 Feature: Give the Firebug additional weapon(s). [1]

#7 Feature-change: Give the Patriarch an overhaul, as currently it looks pretty pathetic. [1]

#8 Feature: Give the FlameThrower an alt-fire attack that allows you to spray un-ignited fuel on the ground and later ignite it either with primary fire or with incendiary grenades / other future fire-causing weapons.

Please vote for any of the above suggestions that you'd like to see implemented !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fix: If you join during trader time your perk automatically gets picked and you cannot choose it again until the next wave.

This is the most retarded bug ever and is so annoying and I'm amazed it wasn't fixed in the first patch so I vote for this.

I also find the syringe incredibly annoying, if healing fails(like if they just got healed before you clicked heal) it shouldn't play the damn healing anim and force you to wait.

Upvote 0
Fix: If you join during trader time your perk automatically gets picked and you cannot choose it again until the next wave.

Change: Prevent syringe from playing 'reload' animation if it misses.

Voting for these like the Fist of The North Star.

Both are annoying as ****, and the first one is potentially lethal for the team. "Oh hai guys, what's going on in this hard ser-OHGOD I'm a rank 2 firebug."

Upvote 0
I would like to see a complete overhaul of the menus (main menu, browser etc.) They really look bad, they don't have a retail game feeling.
It's kinda a rather large suggestion for what I meant for this thread, but I completely agree. For a retail game the menus, loading screens, and HUD are pretty bad and are in serious need of an overhaul. For me they have a big impact on the feel of the game.

Upvote 0
The sad thing is that you can make hundreds of topics like this with tons of votes, but it actually getting fixed or not is completely at the devs' mercy.

Look at how bad the headshots STILL are DESPITE the outcry about it. You have to aim off to the right of a Gorefast/Skrake's head to score a headshot, for pete's sake! I vote for the headshot issues to be fixed!

Plus pretty much everything else said in here. Especially the server browser nonsense and the Syringe reload crap...

Upvote 0
I'd like to be able to change my perk multiple times in the trader menu if I haven't bought anything.
Due to inability to read/think/point/click/what have you, I'm come out of the perk menu having chosen the wrong perk... this usually becomes obvious as you go to purchase weapons. But even though I haven't exploited my perk's ability to buy certain weapons on the cheap, I can't change it again. Pure rubbish. The perk change limitation is good, but this isn't the exploit they're trying to prevent. It would be best to lock out the ability to change again only after the player has made a transaction the is aided by the current perk. Like the purchase of armour by any except a medic or an auto-fill of ammo. Which leads to a second annoyance: Having the pointer in one menu item and having the click go to a neighbouring button. This especially sucks when you hit exit trader instead of auto-fill. Which leads to another: the order that auto-fill fills ammo sucks. IMO, I'd like, at least, to have my perk's weapons filled first, perhaps in the same order as "best weapon." Which leads to another: Let me choose what's best. When I'm support, in general I prefer to go to my pump rather than my 2bbl. Stupid, you say? That's exactly the problem. UT has had, even since UT0 IIR, the ability to set up your own ordering of best to worst. Also, I'd prefer to have a list per perk. Which reminds me of another annoyance: Give me map any key to any weapon. Heck, you let me map away the menu button (esc) crippling me inside the game, but don't let me map a key to any weapon. And AFAICS, you can't even do the mapping inside the ini file. Maybe I can guess at the syntax to name a weapon given ini files from other UT variants.
I also hate it when I clearly hear the click of the purchase button (or auto-fill or whatever) before she kicks my (asset - et) (god forbid we should swear in the forum about a game that says things like "great ****ing blade" and that allows me to gib living people (don't forget, these are living specimens derived from humans) see brains splatter, dismemberment, heads blown off and fountaining blood while the body staggers on to an eventual death, burning things to death (one of the most painful ways to die)
but I can't saw sh-eye-t. Ah, the corporate "mind.") out of her shack. Hearing the nice crisp clicking feedback letting me know that I've completed a life saving transaction only to see that she has kicked my sitting parts out of her shop w/o my happy warm gun. It's never happened to me, but I've heard others say she takes their money and doesn't give them what they bought. She's a classic war profiteer in the class of KBR.
A voice pack for her should have a Cheney like voice saying "shift yer asses, scum, I need money to buy an Iron Maiden for my rec room. An I don't mean the band. That's why I'm a Dick, not a Richard."

There are way too many bugs left to justify pulling resources off fixing them to do cosmetic upgrades. Of course, artists and other team member w/o the appropriate coding skills can work on other things without hindering the bug fixes.

Upvote 0
I've 2 things on my mind from which only 1 is in my opinion essential for the game and the other one an idea i have.

1st.) I would really really appreciate it when decaped ZEDS wouldnt walk towards me or any other survivor like if they would see them...it just feels..wrong and nonsense...especiallly when you decaped the fleshpound and he just keeps walkiny towards you and trying to rape the s*** out of you....i would love to see those and again espeically the Fleshpound, to go nuts and withouth any logical sense just whip those grinders madly around him till he bleeded out...

2nd.) It would be awesome to be able to build barricades with thrash adn chairs and what so ever is available in the map - e.g. in Office, grab some chairs an throw them into the stairwells...
Of course does the barrier brakes after a while (thought on the same system as for the doors - 100% and the ZEDS have to break it apart) only thing is that you cant repair it...when its gone, its gone...

Also i am aware that this is UT2 engine and it would needed some major tweaks for physic objects and stuff and i dont know if this is possible at all..
but since this is a suggestive thread i just thought to give it a shot ;)

Upvote 0
yo heres my wants and ideas.....with reasoning and foreseeable consequences

1. Adding a run feature:
now of course I am aware that the knife as a run feature was a part of Alex’s original mod (having played it myself prior to retail) but I feel that adding a independent run button rather than using the knife would be a good addition. I feel this as it defies realism, I of course do not want killing floor to be made hyper realistic as many people would expect/demand from the producers of Red Orchestra, and I am very much aware that they are two different games with different principals, but if I am carrying an axe and a flamethrower in my backpack and I pull out my knife it does not make me any faster. I could imagine two reasons for it being the way it is at present, one being that it makes moving from A-B at speed dangerous sacrificing vulnerability for speed; also it prevents people going Rambo and shooting whilst running around at speed. If a run system were to be implemented It would be a good idea to have the weapon cradled in the chest whilst running to avoid “run & gun“ tactics. A fatigue/stamina system is debatable as an addition having both pros and cons, as it make for better realism, but running out of stamina half way to the trader would make for bad gameplay

2. being able to drop the 9mm and knife:
I have raised this on the forums before but I want to be able to drop/sell the 9mm and the knife. I want this for a number of reasons, firstly it will allow us to carry more weapons/kit, secondly the 9mm and knife become useless when you buy better weapons (what’s the point in carrying the knife if you have a axe? what’s the point in having a 9mm when you have dual hand cannons?). Thirdly the 9mm and knife clutter up the weapon selection bar, it is frustrating when I must cycle through 2 melee weapons and 2 pistols to get to my primary weapon (yes I am aware that I can use the number keys but I do not).
now I am aware that the 2 starting weapons perform to key functions, the 9mm is a flashlight, and the knife is a backup weapon (i.e. no ammo ect). and I understand complete noobs may be found dropping their knife and 9mm and then running around with no weapons and being killed (a bad player experience, something TWI would want to avoid in their games) but this I imagine would be a rare occasion as only a complete nonce would drop all their weapons and be unable to pick them back up (this isn’t ZPS) and anyone who was unlucky enough to do so would learn their lesson pretty quick. I am also aware that a loss of the 9mm would lead to people sticking in lighter areas/being at a disadvantage in the dark, but this would of course simply be a trade off for extra weight slots and something people would take into account when dropping or selling the 9mm. Also a re-balancing of weights and weight blocks would be in order to avoid exploiting the weight slots freed.

3. The Flashlight issue:
This has been subject to debate on the forums with many ideas being presented, my personal suggestion being that players should spawn with a large maglite which doubles as a blunt melee weapon and a flashlight; this would be a permanent weapon that cannot be dropped or sold. If this were implemented in conjunction with the droppable 9mm and knife it would ensure that both the key roles are filled (the maglite is a last resort melee weapon and a flashlight) and would justify the option to drop both of the weapons. The implementation of this would have some poor implications as it may deter people from dark areas as the melee maglite would not provide good defence, this would make the dropping of the 9mm a trade off between weight slots and vulnerability in dark areas. Of course the maglite would be another addition to the already over saturated melee weapon selection which would be problem (this is a completely different issue)

4.the over saturated melee selection:
at present the berserker has 5 weapons to choose from, the knife is a low entry level melee weapon that the player starts with so it finds use in early waves, the chainsaw and katana are the top end high damage melee weapons, and the machete and axe are left in the middle with no real function other than being slightly cheaper and a stepping stone from A-B. I propose that the machete be scrapped as it is barely ever used by players ingame and serves no function. I also feel that the 3 top end berserker weapons should be rebalanced so that the katana = fast movement and lower damage, the axe = slow movement and medium damage, and the chainsaw = very slow movement and high damage this would ensure that all 3 have a place within the arsenal and remove the nerf on the katana we have seen since the patch.

5. Adding weapon upgrades/attachments:
This is something ive seen in the forums quit a lot ever since announcement and launch and would make for an incentive to level up and add variance to gameplay. If implemented each level of a perk would unlock an upgrade/add-on for a perk specific weapon (sharpshooter gets 9mm, handcannon, Winchester, crossbow add-ons) this would be automatically applied to their weapons when they bought these weapons using a certain perk. I.e.:
Sharpshooter
level 2-tracer rounds
level 3-laser sights for 9mm and hand cannons
level 4-scope for Winchester
level 5-?????
Commando:
level 2-extended clip size
level 3-taped up magazines for AK and bullpup = faster reloading
level 4-red dot sight for AK
level 5-?????
ECT
Of course this would need to be fixed so that people can’t buy weapons with attachments then give other people these souped up weapons, i.e. you only get those add-ons if you have that certain perk enabled. Another idea concerning add-ons was that there should be randomly generated attachments on weapons found around the map (a-la S.T.A.L.K.E.R) this would encourage people to move around the map and act as an anti-camping incentive, it would also mean that new players would not be at an advantage. The only disadvantage to this system would be that once people reach a high level in a perk they won’t go hunting for weapons, so I propose that weapons found around the map should be allowed cross perk attachments and be available to anyone despite their perk and (i.e. an AK47 with tracer ammo and a taped magazine, this would mean a level one firebug could pick up an AK with sharpshooter and commando attachments in it. Of course this would need some serious experimentation and balancing to work but would be a fun addition to the game.

6. Firebug weapon:
another thing ive seen in the forums an awful lot is people wanting more firebug weapons, here are a few good suggestions I came up with regarding this as every other perk has several weapons and the firebug has none, and yes I am aware the firebug is already nerfed and doesn’t need more powerful weapons, but choice is a luxury we all enjoy:
-Molotov’s are a must have
-being able to drop gas canisters for the flamethrower so they can be shot and blown up (please see dawn of dead 2004 for epic use of gas canisters as a weapon)
- a secondary fire for the flamethrower which extinguishes the pilot light and spews petroleum jelly (fuel) out of the end of the flame thrower without it igniting, these pools of fuel could then be set fire to make for some elaborate defence mechanisms (surround shack with fuel with a trail leading indoors, as a last ditch ignite fuel, watch all specimens around house burn XD)
- flaming arrows/incendiary ammo would be a complete nerf and would encroach on sharpshooter territory, but maybe a firebug could ignite a sharpshooters arrows in flight and whilst in the bow, this would make for good teamwork. Then again it would be only on an arrow per arrow basis as igniting whole arrow stock would be too overpowered, also this would be HELL on a friendly fire server.
I feel that the addition of all 3 would be good, with a tossup between point 2 and 3 as a secondary fire for the flamethrower.

7. The game UI and HUD
I’m not going to sugar coat it, the games UI, HUD, menus, and server browser are all disgusting and make the game look like a poorly constructed mod, this does very little for the game when met with allegations of being just a mod or of poor quality by harsh critics. I would very much like it if you took time out to redesign the games whole UI to look better and more fitting for the game and its content, red boxes and Ariel will not do.

8.The patriarchs design:
I amongst several others feel that the patriarchs design is somewhat silly looking, it is irritating to see such good character design in all the other specimens to have the final boss look like he’s out of my Saturday morning cartoons, with his goofy eye, chest flower, tentacles and his torn hulk shorts. I think the patriarch looked far better in the old mod as he was gritty dirty and blood soaked. I would like it if he was touched up to look more horrifying and dangerous and less......TMNT-ish. And as a side note I feel the red telsa effects seen on the patriarch and the stalkers when being a commando look a little tacky and I would rather a distortion effect or something of similar ilk (I do realise your limited by the limitations of the engine but it would be nice to see some better invisibility effects)

9. Third person animations:
At present the 3rd person animations are a little clunky, although the 1st person animations and the specimen animations look very good (bar the specimens being unable to walk down steps properly). But when spectating teammates there animations look rough, it has also been suggested that a 3rd person animation be added for when teammates are looking down their ironsights.

Last edited:
Upvote 0