• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Most Wanted Suggestion Wishlist

Change: Give the LAW a minimum arming range. Roughly 10m seems to be a pretty common distance for similar weapons. [1].

I agree with all your points especially the LAW point.

I tihnk not just a minimum arming distance but a complete rework.

I practically never see anyone use the LAW when you have such alternatives as the katana, crossbow headshots, and hunting shotgun double barrel blasts.

It seems that all those things easily outdamage the LAW without the massive cost and movement restrictions.

The LAW is expensive and seems to have no place in the game as of now. It seems that the damage does not scale well at all into 6 man Hard / Suicidal games. For the amount of time it takes you to load and fire a rocket its barely worth it. Not to mention you have to sight the shot to fire.

I think this gun really needs some loving to make it an attractive weapon for someone to hit a FP, Scrake, or Patriarch with.

Upvote 0
I like jester puppet's firebug suggestions. Molatovs could either replace his incendiary grenades or be made available as an alternate weapon, i.e. purchase a pack of 5 from the trader and hit 2 to switch weapon to throw a molatov. The molatov would ignite the ground and burn anything that crosses it for 5 seconds or so, certainly more effective than the incendiary grenades. Enabling the purchase of molatovs as a secondary weapon would extend the useful burning power of the firebug, giving him 5 incendiary grenades and 5 molatovs at his disposal. This may be overpowered however, and I personally would always want a katana for my alternate weapon, mainly to deal with scrakes who don't like when I burn them :) With a katana and flamethrower I couldnt buy the molatovs, so I would rather just have them replace the incendiary grenades altogether, perhaps upon reaching level 5.

I also like the flamethrower alt-fire option to turn off the torch so you can dump fuel on the ground, helpful in preparation for a large wave or a fleshpound approaching. Igniting the pool of fuel would have a similar effect as using a molatov, so it would be redundant to enable both options. It would be damn interesting if you could soak an entire hallway in petrol, wait for the hoard, and light em all up at once :D It would be epic, super awesome, and probably also overpowered, but not necessarily if you consider the amount of ammo used up in the process of setting the trap. It's basically deferred burning, delayed gratification, but if you're the last man standing, the gratification could be oh so great!!! This would make firebug a heck of a lot more fun and introduce more strategy to the game experience. Now that I think about it, screw the molatovs :D

Upvote 0
Considering the effort that some people have made to suggest bigger things, I've added a separate 'feature' list.

I've modified my 2nd post in this thread to store the nominated suggestions, please vote on suggestions you like there. Any further suggestions will be added to that post.

I've updated the original post with the added votes. Please try to be specific about the suggestions you'd like to vote for.

Upvote 0
some more balanced melee and pistols- cheap

some more balanced melee and pistols- cheap

ok so i've got to be honest, the game gets on my nerves, at least i was about to give up on playing it completely until yall introduced the Katana.

don't get me wrong, I have respect for the work that goes into making a game. And I like bullets takin down zombie things, sure! But the first thing I looked for was hammer and baseball bat and .45s?

and since we are making suggestions, why not give players 18 slots and make pistols 3 slots instead of 4 then u wouldnt have to make the second .50 cal weightless. and throw in some .45s. likely they could have damage power in between the current pistols' power. Also for the poor folk a moderately powered extremely cheap revolver could be gotten for say 50 pounds and in addition to old fasioned single action akimbo, for the snipers sake, he could cock and aim each pistol indivually during 'aim mode' whatever u call it. I bet the animation for such a thing would be a challenge, but worth the coolness i think. revolvers also seem to fit the dark style of the game. (colt .45 automatics would also be cool)

the game is now growing on me (with the katana), but it is so much less dynamic than other FPS that I have played, that I still go back and play my other shooters since KF loses my attention. as much fun as it is, i also keep thinking how 'unpolished' it looks so certain additions would really offset this. I think also these additions would not change the current feel of the game, except to make it cooler along the same lines it already is.

one other thing, would it be too much to ask of the game makers to allow EITHER: weapon switching at ANY TIME, like while reloading? sort of give up on a reload instead of being clawed at while reloading by mistake? I mean id rather my gun keep going CLICK CLICK than it take over my hands and reload itself, and once doing that, NOT let me do anything else until done ; OR give us a melee option with the weapon we are holding, like Left 4 dead u punch zombies with your gun...

in conclusion to help spruce up that seemingly unpolished feel, lets dish out enough space to our characters (not so much the shot gun guy) to have one good primary, and 4 or 5 pistols (2 sets akmibo), and maybe a melee weapon, just like i could pack up in real life WITHOUT MAKING THE SECOND PISTOL WEIGHTLESS... ;D lets have some more pistols like a revolver or a colt .45 style automatic or both, (revolver should be nice an cheap for us poor people) LETS HAVE MORE MELEE WEAPONS, would be nice to THWAAACK a zombie/clone thing with a wood bat or CLIIINK them down with an aluminum bat, of course i would like to see a big old mace with spikes on it but that might not fit the theme, but if u can buy a machete for 100 pounds then surely the BATS should be plentyful.

oh i forgot what else gets on my nerves, uh more time for the buying? that would be nice, often i have to run so far that i dont make it to the trader just 30 more seconds would be great, if the too fast people dont like it, even 20 or 15 seconds, hmm what else, MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO SEEEELL THE GRENADES and sell your pistol or even knife back to trader, also maybe sell the ammo, sometimes I get alot of pickups but have no money, being UNABLE to sell some of the junk im not using to make just enough for some other purchase (like katana) is frustrating. oh and increase in weight carry would be neat just a little bit more in the higher levels or something, like the weapon guy gets, only to a much lesser degree.

Upvote 0