• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Most Frightening Specimen

Most Frightening Specimen

• Clots...clots everywhere

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Gorefasts

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • A few Bloats

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Crawlers

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Stalkers

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • A Husk

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • A Siren

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • A Scrake

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • A Fleshpound

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • A Patriarch

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • A Scarke

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • A WereClotPire + the Clotmobile

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
This is a poll not on the most dangerous or annoying specimen, but the one that most freaks you out or frightens you (either alone or in groups). If nothing frightens you in-game anymore, than answer as to which of these you would find most frightening if you encountered them in real life.

A) A horde of Clots. Waves of shivverring, hairless, twisted abominations closing in on all sides.

B) A Gorefast pack. Red, twisted bodies of raw muscle, blades with dried blood, accompanyed with rabid panting and behavior.

C)A couple of Bloats. Please pass the salt.

D) A Siren. The accompanying calls for humanity, the trembling, pityful victim that shreds those in fear.

E)Husk. Machine accuracy, calculated hate.

F)A pack of Crawlers. Aracnophobia combined with wolves.

G)A group of Stalkers. Where are they?

H)A Scrake. A massive surgeon with elephant-like hide, serpent eyes, and a chainsaw. Anything more?

I)Fleshpound. Flesh....POUND

J)The Patriarch. Invisible, intelligent, and armed.

K) A Scarke. Scrake-Shark, terror of the seas

L)A clot bitten by a werewolf and a vampire. A Wereclotpire.

Choose wisely, and remember to try and imagine these in reality if in-game fails you....that should do the trick!

Last edited:
The old Skrake, with its greasy bloodstained butchers apron and Frankenstein head, was truly a brown trousers inducing moment.

Id have to say crawlers, for survival, theres nothing like hiding up high in partly demolished buildings where its inaccessible without a grappling hook or ability to climb. Granted, a FP could get very angry and bash at the structures base for a while, trying to shake the nut from the tree, so to speak, but you would hear and see him coming. Crawlers, probably curl up in your sleeping bag and get you in your sleep. Husks just provide you with a campfire, and a reason to apply some burn cream. Sirens would make a good alarm clock, so long as you were sufficiently high enough to avoid her ear piercing shrill call for dinner.

Patty could cause an issue, but so long as you have a group of idiot clots down below fumbling over each other yet unharmed, he wont show up to defend his kids, I hope.

Upvote 0
Carried to their logical, real-life conclusion, pretty much all the specimens would be pretty frightening. Hmm. The Scrake wouldn't be too bad. Just a big, slow-walking bald guy... with a chainsaw for an arm. Same with the Husk. He's basically a mutant killer cyborg, but it wouldn't inspire mind-numbing horror like some of the others. The Bloat... I don't know. If he were real he'd look more ridiculous than scary.

Hordes of mindless, bloodthirsty, sickly pale, (and dickless) Clots? That would make me go to my mental happy place.

Jawless, bare-muscle, hissing things with knives wedged into their arm bones? Gorefasts are freaky.

Crawlers? Well, I'm not frightened by bugs, unless they jump out at me and can cause real bodily harm. Oh wait, that's what Crawlers do.

Fleshpound? Speaks for itself.

But I have to say the one zombie that unnerves me the most, both in-game and if she were hypothetically real, is the Siren. Eyes gouged out, insane muttering, emaciated, restrained body... yeah. That would frighten the piss out of me. It wouldn't induce straight-up panic like a leaping Crawler or a charging Gorefast would, but just the sight of her gives me the willies.

Jesus Christ I overexamined this.

Hey, we should also do a poll for Christmas specimens.

Reactions: timur
Upvote 0