• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics mortars in CC

stigmata

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 17, 2006
Would somebody be willing to outline the steps for using a mortar in CC.

1. What are the steps for the mortarman? I have been able to deploy the mortar but not load and fire it. Also, once deployed I have not been able to un-deploy the mortar. I have been able to leave it by pressing z but not able to reman the mortar by pressing E.

Is is a one man or tow man weapon. How do you use it, load it, move it, get more ammo and so on?

Also, How does the spotter work with the mortarman.

Lay out all the steps please as if you were talking to a total nimrod...

Thanks.

Shreck,

Except for the work "and" in the middle of the page. You post is coming to me totally blank. I know you have responded but do not see anything in the post.

Thanks,

really ?
His post contains 2 imbedded youtube vids...
can't find a way to post the links to the vids without the forum embedding them the vids id are N8vTvIzJ2oI and and 5kQpQ0LS9z4 Can you see them on the youtube site ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah. It leaves you vulnerable.. at least I think it does. During a tight situation, I hope for the opponent to lean.. it allows me more options/openings.

Conversely, my philosophy in combat is to never get yourself in a situation where you can't vacate the area ('area' being your own personal space + a grenades area of effect) in a split-second. Leaning, in a way, glues you to whatever corner you're looking around for that extra split second you might need to react within. The opponents and situations you and I face, namely other clan members during clan matches, are at such a high level of play that the outcomes of most encounters are decided with no more than a split-seconds worth of timing.

When I used to play this game heavily, like everyday for hours, the importance of the economics of time and movement became apparent.. and I find leaning to be too expensive and too predictable to be considered an option in most cases.

edit: .....aaaand, no. I prefer killing tanks. I'll never use a tank willingly. Basically because I find the tank gameplay extremely simplistic and rather boring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mortar Keys

Mortar Keys

Was practicing Mortar last night. Anyone who jumped on the server we asked to not kill us. Romanian (me) and a Soviet were side by side giving instructions and shooting objects on the map, trying to figure the weapon out. Interesting situation to not be shooting one another! :eek:

Left Mouse - Set mortar
Left Mouse - load round (quickly, it will blow up in your hand)
A, D key - move mortar left and right
S, W key - move mortar degree up or down between 45 and 75 degrees
Z key - stand up with out mortar
Z key - re-engage mortar (like entering tank)
F key - stand up with mortar in hand

Things to remember:
1) Only 20 rounds, it goes real fast, need to know where ammo dump is for recharge. We couldn't figure out how to pass ammo to mortar man.
2) Range is not very far. You will be shot by a rifleman every time you get close. This makes me think that you have to be behind something as a mortar man and have your lead give you directions
3) Directions need to be understood, e.g. left 5 meters, right 5 meters, closer 5, farther 5
4) The team leader will need to be way back of map so he isn't shot by rifleman and use his binocs.

Summary: I think mortar will work really well IF you get a group of players who work as a team. Otherwise, it will be like a very bad tank team on 1 tank maps who just don't get it! Good Luck!

Upvote 0
A suggestion in a tactics thread... well anyhoo is it possible that when a spotter picks his mortar man, ie chain in the corner.. that he can use vehicle chat to talk? Same way as tankers, it just seems of putting to listen to a spotter tell me were to fire and hear the rest of the team say shut up.. or worse case mistakingly listening to the wrong spotter.

Upvote 0