• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More visual feedback for medic lock on?

Kotomirage

Apr 10, 2013
Possible to have an option to faintly outline/highlight (like left4dead styled highlighting) locked on teammates when using medic guns?

When the fighting gets hectic in a 6 man server, it's hard to tell who the medic dart is aiming at, or if it's even locked on. Sights are very limiting for a medic trying to keep track of 5 players :(

Quite frankly, I am sure that the lock on could be redesigned a bit as it is. As far as I can tell, if I want to quickly heal a teammate slightly to the left and slightly to the right (let's say they are standing not far from one another) and I need to do it as fast as possible - my darts will both hit only one of them, because lock on doesn't adapt that fast, if it adapts at all.

I had multiple situations, when my darts hit a target I completely didn't anticipate hitting. Can't they just lock on for whatever is closest to the centre of the screen?

Upvote 0
Quite frankly, I am sure that the lock on could be redesigned a bit as it is. As far as I can tell, if I want to quickly heal a teammate slightly to the left and slightly to the right (let's say they are standing not far from one another) and I need to do it as fast as possible - my darts will both hit only one of them, because lock on doesn't adapt that fast, if it adapts at all.

I had multiple situations, when my darts hit a target I completely didn't anticipate hitting. Can't they just lock on for whatever is closest to the centre of the screen?

I agree..it should lock on to enemy closest to where you aim

the lock on is good otherwise

Upvote 0