• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More real life weapons please. Here are some ideas...

WunderKatze

Oct 19, 2019
Hello,

Although I appreciate the fun fictional weapons, as a player I tend to stick with the real life weapons. I think there are a lot of them that have the potential for really unique gameplay. Here is my list. In particular, I would like new choices for sharpshooter.

Support:

M4 Carbine with M26 MASS underbarreled shotgun (multiperk with commando)

Gunslinger:
$1200 Five-Seven - high RoF high penetration lower damage

$750 G18 (multiperk with swat)

Sharpshooter:
$650 M1 Gerand w/ rifle grenade launcher (multiperk with demo) - alt fire loads a blank and a rifle grenade.

$1100 K98K (iron sights) with bayonet - This weapon would be high penetration high damage and a unique longer range melee attack.

Berserker:

$850Spear/halberdier - long range, slower attack high damage

There are many more ideas... I would just like some much actual guns and I think they have the potential for unique gameplay.

Reactions: Aqualo
IMHO, Zerker could do with more ranged options. Maybe SWAT fans are onto something about the Riot Shield idea?

Glock18 with Riot Shield
Price: $1200
Perks: SWAT +Berserker
Weight: 8 blocks
Damage: 30 Ballistic_SMG
Magazine capacity + ammo reserve: 20 + 260
Middle Mouse Button: Parry (Can block zed projectiles, but otherwise identical to Zweihander)
Melee Bash: 80 Bludgeon

Reactions: WunderKatze
Upvote 0
IMHO, Zerker could do with more ranged options. Maybe SWAT fans are onto something about the Riot Shield idea?

Glock18 with Riot Shield
Price: $1200
Perks: SWAT +Berserker
Weight: 8 blocks
Damage: 30 Ballistic_SMG
Magazine capacity + ammo reserve: 20 + 260
Middle Mouse Button: Parry (Can block zed projectiles, but otherwise identical to Zweihander)
Melee Bash: 80 Bludgeon

That would be really fun. Cool idea!

Upvote 0
On the topic of bayonetted weapons, am i the only one who wants a semi-auto rifle for the Zerker? I can definitely see something like the Garand work for parrying tbh.

just my imo but after using the Stoner for so long I think the game could benefit from a few more LMG's.
You could add an Mg42 as an RO homage, the M60 for an RS2 homage and a tacti-cool M249 or M240 just to get a nice even spread of weapons.
I thought the stoner was largely hated due to the belt feed?

If we absolutely need another LMG, i think it would need to be magazine-fed weapon like the M249, Bren and RPK

Upvote 0
On the topic of bayonetted weapons, am i the only one who wants a semi-auto rifle for the Zerker? I can definitely see something like the Garand work for parrying tbh.

I thought the stoner was largely hated due to the belt feed?

If we absolutely need another LMG, i think it would need to be magazine-fed weapon like the M249, Bren and RPK

I've never seen anyone complain about the Stoner tbh, and if you take another gun with it (the M16/M203 for example) it's a pretty solid load-out.
The Stoner is box fed, (and IRL it can even be magazine fed) and yeah the reload time can be a pain but when you consider the fact you can get the box up to 188 rounds it balances out well enough. You can go an entire wave and only reload once if your perks are set up a certain way.
Adding LMG's but making them magazine fed would be a little redundant though imo, usually the whole point of LMG's in video games is for the larger ammo capacity.

Upvote 0
I've never seen anyone complain about the Stoner tbh, and if you take another gun with it (the M16/M203 for example) it's a pretty solid load-out.
The Stoner is box fed, (and IRL it can even be magazine fed) and yeah the reload time can be a pain but when you consider the fact you can get the box up to 188 rounds it balances out well enough. You can go an entire wave and only reload once if your perks are set up a certain way.
Adding LMG's but making them magazine fed would be a little redundant though imo, usually the whole point of LMG's in video games is for the larger ammo capacity.
You can still have a magazine-fed LMG with a high capacity.

The RPK for example uses a 100-round AK magazine for its standard configuration. Meanwhile, the M249 accepts standard AR-15 magazines, with companies like Surefire offering 60-round options. I imagine a magazine-fed M249 would rock a pair of duct-taped MAG5-60s (though i think Tactical Reload will make you look less elite).

Also, the Bren LMG can be configured to accept a 100-round drum which while much faster than fumbling with a belt box, will render the standard iron sights useless. I think if we are to get the Bren, Horzine would have to attach a holographic folding sight similar to what the Husk Cannon uses

Upvote 0
Belt-box =! Magazine

A magazine would have a much faster reload than the Stoner by default since it's just a matter of eject magazine, insert new one, cock the first round. High capacity magazines are probably more cumbersome than standard rifle mags, though it'll still be much faster than "detach belt, remove box, get new box, fit it in your gun, open the lid and feed the belt into the chamber"

Something like this would require slight modifications to the receiver but would otherwise attach itself to the gun like a standard rifle magazine. However, i think you can see what i mean by the Bren needing a holographic sight similar to what the Husk Cannon employs.

brendrum1.jpg

Upvote 0
Tbh I never really noticed anything off with its damage, but I also have my perks set up to give me 188 rounds per ammo can so that probably compensates for any lack of damage.

For itself, the Stoner is okayish for the job Commando has but the problem is more that other Commando weapons range from quite strong to broken/FN FAL.

Stoner has more often the problem that Gorefiends and Bloats are covering their heads before they pop and is absolutely unable to manage large ZEDs (the flinch is nice but not as strong as just killing).

As of now, essentially nothing can beat the401+FN FAL combo. Can handle Trash nicely but also has a good potential to kill large ZEDs and heal.

I just wished it would be more effective to be on par with the rest (or preferably the rest less effective but that power creep is probably not going away now).

Upvote 0
Belt-box =! Magazine

A magazine would have a much faster reload than the Stoner by default since it's just a matter of eject magazine, insert new one, cock the first round. High capacity magazines are probably more cumbersome than standard rifle mags, though it'll still be much faster than "detach belt, remove box, get new box, fit it in your gun, open the lid and feed the belt into the chamber"

Something like this would require slight modifications to the receiver but would otherwise attach itself to the gun like a standard rifle magazine. However, i think you can see what i mean by the Bren needing a holographic sight similar to what the Husk Cannon employs.
I want more damage, not faster reload. We have elite reload for a reason.

Upvote 0
For itself, the Stoner is okayish for the job Commando has but the problem is more that other Commando weapons range from quite strong to broken/FN FAL.

Stoner has more often the problem that Gorefiends and Bloats are covering their heads before they pop and is absolutely unable to manage large ZEDs (the flinch is nice but not as strong as just killing).

As of now, essentially nothing can beat the401+FN FAL combo. Can handle Trash nicely but also has a good potential to kill large ZEDs and heal.

I just wished it would be more effective to be on par with the rest (or preferably the rest less effective but that power creep is probably not going away now).

I guess it depends on the difficulty to, I usually play on Hard/Normal and the Stoner seems to be pretty good up on everything up to Scrakes, it does have issues with Flesh Pounds though I will admit. I usually combine the Stoner with either the M16/203 or the SCAR H.

Upvote 0
I guess it depends on the difficulty to, I usually play on Hard/Normal and the Stoner seems to be pretty good up on everything up to Scrakes, it does have issues with Flesh Pounds though I will admit. I usually combine the Stoner with either the M16/203 or the SCAR H.

Yeah, on Normal/Hard it is totally usable. Usually the balance point is HoE 6 player and there other weapons exceed it by noticeable margin unfortunately.

Upvote 0
I don't think that the stoner is that bad anymore. Not my top pick for Hell on Earth, but it's damage isn't that bad. Not nearly as bad as it used to be.

But... A new $2000 M249 for commando would be awesome!

I would never consider the FAL as commando for the simple reason that the sharpshooter perks are so much better, you might as well play that class if you want to use the FAL.

Personally I tend I use the M16 w/ 203 (which is good for removing husks, bloats and staggering larger Zed's) and if I'm really try harding the STG44 (that gun is nuts OP).

Upvote 0