• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More powerful medic weapon?

Bored using the same weapons as Medic? I'm sorry, but I have to ask why? As medic you can use any weapon you damned well please and noone will argue with you o_O

They won't argue because they know that the medic gets the short end of the stick, and has to make do with unperked gear because the MP7 is just a heal dart launcher that can occasionally fire some bullets. No one ever buys the MP7 for its bullets. They only buy it for its dart launcher, and even then they only spend money on it because its practically given to medics for free.

Sure you can technically kill a couple of lesser zeds with it, but even after the medic perk freakin doubles the magazine capacity, nearly every unperked weapon in the game outperforms it in every aspect. That really says something about how horrible the MP7 is when medics are advised to use other classes unperked gear instead of their perk weapon.

Offensively, probably the closest weapon in the game to the MP7 is the bullpup. But even when the MP7 is fully perked, the unperked bullpup is still better.

People asking for better medic weapons just want something that they can use as a primary weapon....and not something that can maybe kill a few zeds in the short time window between healing someone and swapping back to a real weapon. The MP7, or a "better medic weapon" should be AT LEAST on equal footing with an unperked bullpup.

You can't honestly expect me to believe that an MP7 buffed to bullpup levels would cut into commando's territory. Not when the commando has the upgraded version of the bullpup (flat out 50% better at level 6, just taking damage into account) plus the commando has access to upgraded AK's and SCARS that go above and beyond the medics perked top end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They won't argue because they know that the medic gets the short end of the stick, and has to make do with unperked gear because the MP7 is just a heal dart launcher that can occasionally fire some bullets. No one ever buys the MP7 for its bullets. They only buy it for its dart launcher, and even then they only spend money on it because its practically given to medics for free.

Sure you can technically kill a couple of lesser zeds with it, but even after the medic perk freakin doubles the magazine capacity, nearly every unperked weapon in the game outperforms it in every aspect. That really says something about how horrible the MP7 is when medics are advised to use other classes unperked gear instead of their perk weapon.

Offensively, probably the closest weapon in the game to the MP7 is the bullpup. But even when the MP7 is fully perked, the unperked bullpup is still better.

People asking for better medic weapons just want something that they can use as a primary weapon....and not something that can maybe kill a few zeds in the short time window between healing someone and swapping back to a real weapon. The MP7, or a "better medic weapon" should be AT LEAST on equal footing with an unperked bullpup.

You can't honestly expect me to believe that an MP7 buffed to bullpup levels would cut into commando's territory. Not when the commando has the upgraded version of the bullpup (flat out 50% better at level 6, just taking damage into account) plus the commando has access to upgraded AK's and SCARS that go above and beyond the medics perked top end.

Why? The medic isn't supposed to fight? Any new weapons would be special because they are more powerful in other fields. The medic class got it's name not because the devs were bored, but becuase they wanted to suggest something....

Anyways, I personally know that the mp79 can be quite useful at killing zeds. Sure you wont take down a scrake using it, but why would you really need to if your playing medic? I've taken out husks, sirens, and gorefasts using it on hard and even occaisonally on suicidal. And on normal, you can easily obliterate all beneath a scrake using short blasts to the head.

Anyways, the medic has the immesnse bonuses to make it the perfect fit for any perk (actually, minus firebug beyond normal). I mean, they can be better zerkers than zerkers, and an xbowing medic can bring down as much as much as a competent SS. Its not toleration, its just that the medic is the best multi-perker in the game.

Upvote 0
Why insistent on an FN FAL or H&K SL8/9?

Personally, I don't think that the medic needs a stronger weapon, because the medic is not a combat perk. However, I would like to see medic weapons that operate in different ways, like a medic rifle ;) or a medic shotgun, or a medic pistol.

Obviously, you don't like the Mp7 choice, so maybe you'd like to take a rifle instead?

(That SL8 is nice, actually... looks like the one from RE4! :D)

well,thats what I think about
I just want some different medic weapon,not really need to be stronger,just want some different healing dart launcher I guess.....

Upvote 0
well,thats what I think about
I just want some different medic weapon,not really need to be stronger,just want some different healing dart launcher I guess.....

I have heard some suggestions about that. I know the medic is lacking in weapons, but I nonetheless think that heavier firepower kinda defeats the point....

I have heard suggestions for:
another smg now with other darts
tasers/stunguns
a dart rifle for multiple darts
A sniper dart-launcher (i dislike this one, but there you go)

and these darts:
tranquilizers,
adreniline
overcharge
and much more!

Upvote 0
Why? The medic isn't supposed to fight? Any new weapons would be special because they are more powerful in other fields. The medic class got it's name not because the devs were bored, but becuase they wanted to suggest something....
No it won't overshadow the other perks. Medics don't want their guns to be on par with the other perks. They just want it to be on par with the unperked equipment. Because while you can kill things with the MP7, the 9mm is better. Dual 9s are better. Everything unperked is better.

Upvote 0
Something like this PimpMyGun MP5 i made would be a nice addition to Medic.

It details what the physical side would be. And instead of a torch in the grip it could have a dart gun.

mymp52.jpg

The same damage as the 9mm, with the ammo of D9mm, and 800rpm RoF.

For comparison the MP7 has 950rpm RoF, with half(?) the damage of the 9mm.

Having a red dot sight would be a must, because quick aiming is what makes the MP7 so effective with the dart launcher.

Please say whether posting PMG guns are allowed or wanted.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I truly, truly want at least two new weapons for medic... I hate feeling like there is only one true weapon for the medic when other perks have at least three that is made for them.

See look here
Medic: Two (Medical needle, MP7)
Sharpshooter: Five (9mm, Desert Eagle, Lever Action Rifle, Crossbow, EBRM14)
Firebug: Three (MAC-10, Flamethrower, Flame Grenades)
Support: Four (Welding Torch, Shotgun, Hunting Shotgun, AA12)
Commando: Three (Bullpup, AK47, SCAR)
Berserker: Five (Knife, Machete, Fire Axe, Katana, Chainsaw)
Demo: Five (Grenades, Pipebombs, Forgot the name single shot grenade launcher, Forgot blah blah nade launcher, L.A.W)

I know I would enjoy medic a lot more if I had more than one perk specific weapon and I would enjoy playing it more too. I know some of you guys like the medic to be nothing more than a heal-bot but that to me that gets tediously boring and I would like to have different options for healing. Right now its either "Stick it where the sun don't bloody shine" or *PSH!... PSH!... PSHCHINK!*

Would it kill you guys to let the medic have some loving? The way I look at it is two or three more weapons for medic = two or three new fun ways for medic to heal and kill at the same time... Like say a Assault rifle with a mounted M203 launcher that instead of grenades has a Tungsten dart shotshell and instead of Tungsten darts it has medic darts instead! Oh great cheers of joy and fun to be had by medics all over! (IMO)

Upvote 0
So why are you still posting in this thread instead of going here and telling those guys what an awesome job at getting exactly what you ask for into the game they're doing?

I was about to go full headlong and support the additon of that thing... until I saw the stats and especially the approximate damage of it. Don't get me wrong, the gun looks ace, is an interesting choice of weapon to model, and is all round a great example of quality work.

Hoooooooowever... damage somewhere between and Ak/Scar? This thing should maybe be 25-35 (Pistol) or 30-40 tops (Ak 35-45). Higher than the Mp7, but definately less than the Ak. Its clips I reckon is fine (30 overall for the medic), I think its ROF should be about the Ak's fire rate so its easier to control and I assume it has a healing dart attachment.

I reckon since it gets a damage boost it would have a healing reduction. Perhaps after each heal the dart has to be manually reloaded each time, like the syringe does. Furthermore I reckon it should either use the full 100 points of healing charge every heal OR it shares the heal bar with the Mp7. Maybe both.

Either way point stands. Medic is supposed to be for healing class. Give it something with a damage boost should mean a reduction in healing capability. If the gun has no healing capability, then it simply isn't a medic weapon.

Thats my

Upvote 0