• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More News and Media on the way!

Zeyrion;n2329554 said:
Gameplay footage and the progression system, Im really sad you didn't do an early access for this game i just wanna play :( jaws unleashed was one of my favourite games back in the day!

We as a developer and publisher aren't sure if Early Access is the right answer to most games moving ahead based on our experiences with it. But it is something we'll keep evaluating for each project we tackle.

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0
Since it is SO early in development, playing an old SNES title called E.V.O. should give you some great ideas! Here's a gameplay video of it, it is the whole game and it is a little under 3 hours long. I recommend anyone who enjoys oldschool platformers to try it! The main concept of this game is about evolution, just like Maneater's evolving mechanic. I really REALLY recommend you take a few peaks on this video about how it works. I'm open to be contacted to clarify some of the mechanics that might not be apparent right away on the video. If something even remotely close to this gameplay is reproduced on an open world RPG, you got my money secured!

Reactions: Stiler
Upvote 0
I'd just like to know what the heck the game is going to be lol.

Is it an open world? Are there missions and different goals? Is it simply to grow bigger and eat a specific person that exists in the world (from the faq it sounds like that is the main overall goal).

I hope there'll be some variety and things you can do.

Also I'll be disappointed if we can't have a shark with a friggen laser beam attached to its head.

Upvote 0
Stiler;n2330191 said:
I'd just like to know what the heck the game is going to be lol.

Is it an open world? Are there missions and different goals? Is it simply to grow bigger and eat a specific person that exists in the world (from the faq it sounds like that is the main overall goal).

I hope there'll be some variety and things you can do.

Also I'll be disappointed if we can't have a shark with a friggen laser beam attached to its head.
  • Yes it is an open world
  • There are goals that drive your shark forward
  • There is a story that helps set these goals but the players will be able to explore and do their own thing to a large degree as well

Upvote 0