• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

More News and Media on the way!

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We'll have some exciting new news and media on the way in the coming weeks and months ahead. Let us know what you are excited to hear more about (or see in still or action images)!

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
omano;n2329432 said:
Give us actual gameplay footage, what will the game be about, missions? story?
Open World, Action ShaRkPG with a story to drive you forward.

Reactions: war.to.fame

imnrk

Jul 9, 2015
I look forward to seeing more of the leveling and progression system - the "rpg elements" if you will. I liked how in Depth you could customize your shark, first by picking the breed you want, and then buying in-game upgrades.

spazmcnasty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2019
Since it's being touted as a Action RPG....will there be a loot system like Diablo or Grim Dawn?

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
spazmcnasty;n2329515 said:
Since it's being touted as a Action RPG....will there be a loot system like Diablo or Grim Dawn?
Not in a similar sense, no. We'll be talking more about how the player shark will grow and evolve and what it takes to do so in the coming weeks and months.

spazmcnasty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2019
Yoshiro;n2329517 said:
Not in a similar sense, no. We'll be talking more about how the player shark will grow and evolve and what it takes to do so in the coming weeks and months.
well.. im excited to see what this is all about.

Zeyrion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 17, 2019
Gameplay footage and the progression system, Im really sad you didn't do an early access for this game i just wanna play :( jaws unleashed was one of my favourite games back in the day!

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Zeyrion;n2329554 said:
Gameplay footage and the progression system, Im really sad you didn't do an early access for this game i just wanna play :( jaws unleashed was one of my favourite games back in the day!
We as a developer and publisher aren't sure if Early Access is the right answer to most games moving ahead based on our experiences with it. But it is something we'll keep evaluating for each project we tackle.

Reactions: ®omano

Edomaro

Sep 7, 2012
Dominican Republic
Since it is SO early in development, playing an old SNES title called E.V.O. should give you some great ideas! Here's a gameplay video of it, it is the whole game and it is a little under 3 hours long. I recommend anyone who enjoys oldschool platformers to try it! The main concept of this game is about evolution, just like Maneater's evolving mechanic. I really REALLY recommend you take a few peaks on this video about how it works. I'm open to be contacted to clarify some of the mechanics that might not be apparent right away on the video. If something even remotely close to this gameplay is reproduced on an open world RPG, you got my money secured!

Reactions: Stiler

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
To quote one of our artist here "amazing game"

Stiler

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
TN
I'd just like to know what the heck the game is going to be lol.

Is it an open world? Are there missions and different goals? Is it simply to grow bigger and eat a specific person that exists in the world (from the faq it sounds like that is the main overall goal).

I hope there'll be some variety and things you can do.

Also I'll be disappointed if we can't have a shark with a friggen laser beam attached to its head.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Stiler;n2330191 said:
I'd just like to know what the heck the game is going to be lol.

Is it an open world? Are there missions and different goals? Is it simply to grow bigger and eat a specific person that exists in the world (from the faq it sounds like that is the main overall goal).

I hope there'll be some variety and things you can do.

Also I'll be disappointed if we can't have a shark with a friggen laser beam attached to its head.
  • Yes it is an open world
  • There are goals that drive your shark forward
  • There is a story that helps set these goals but the players will be able to explore and do their own thing to a large degree as well

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We released new images not that long ago and will have more on the way as we move into the later half of this year.