• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More FPS problems/directx?

panzerknacker

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2006
Hamburg
Ok so on thurs I installed a new game. It decides it wants to monkey with my directx and installs it. So I go to play ro that night. After 20 minutes my fps goes to 9 and on map change my curser is frozen after the map loads for a minute. So I monkeyed around with settings here defragged and everything on friday night. Friday night was playable it didnt do anything. SO today I play DoD:S and after 10 minutes my sound goes bad and my fps drops while in RO the fps just dropped. Ok I think time to check my sound drivers. Now I update them now everygame I have after 1-5 minutes the sound will go bad and fps will go in the crapper.

System specs
Win XP
2.93ghz (not overclocked)
nvidia 6600 gt latest drivers with its own power cable from power supply
realtek ac'97 latest drivers
2gb ram
30gb free hard drive
650 watt power supply
directx9c latest version(and what started all this)

There was a Windows update about ten days ago that caused a conflict with the realtec sound solution.
Unsupported memory displacement or something along those terms!

They released a "hot-fix" that can be found at Windows support.

I do not know if they have fixed this in a regular update or not.

Try deleting your "client registry blob" file in your main Steam folder, it won't do any harm !

Might help, might not !

Upvote 0
Ok nothing I have done fixes it. RO starts up, runs fine for anywhere from a minute to 3 minutes at the most. then boom down to 9 or less FPS. I even did a system restore back to the 1st of the month when everything was running perfekt. It should not be heating because I cleaned it out. took the case off and have a fan blowing across it.

Upvote 0